Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 06:50 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,299,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post

Ahh so you believe everything you read. I have this great Bridge I am selling for a low price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 06:51 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,547,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
No, but knowing Chicago cops I am surprised. I would think they would be warming up their batons, german shepherds and tear gas in giddy expectation.
The only thing the police uniforms in places like Chicago (least free city in U.S.) and NYC lack are swastikas and jackboots.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The only thing the police uniforms in places like Chicago (least free city in U.S.) and NYC lack are swastikas and jackboots.
Could you be anymore ignorant? I have other words but would be banned if I said them. Of course you have to look at the source and well, why should expect anything but a comment like this.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Could you be anymore ignorant? I have other words but would be banned if I said them. Of course you have to look at the source and well, why should expect anything but a comment like this.
Are you ignorant of what those two departments do?

Old 10-31-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Are you ignorant of what those two departments do?

I grew up in Chicago so I have first hand experience. Like any large city they might have their problems but to say they should have "swastikas" shows how ignorant you are. Again I would love to use other words beside ignorant but I would be banned.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:00 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,309,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Looking over this guy's blog, it is quite clear he has some issues, and his loathing of Obama borders on the pathological.

His bloodlust is disgusting, nothing more to see here.
ROFL. loathing bordering on pathological - coming from a liberal. After all the hatred spewed on this board for McCain and Palin? THAT's not pathological? ROFL!!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I grew up in Chicago so I have first hand experience. Like any large city they might have their problems but to say they should have "swastikas" shows how ignorant you are. Again I would love to use other words beside ignorant but I would be banned.
Reason Ranks Chicago Last in Personal Freedom - Culture of Congestion

Chicago got that ranking for a reason. Did you hear about the home invasion ring operating within the Chicago police department? The NYC police like to do random searches of people without warrants, and the police commissioner there has openly said he'd ignore federal laws and attempt to make felons out of people protected by federal laws (the FOPA of 1986 that is).

Old 10-31-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Reason Ranks Chicago Last in Personal Freedom - Culture of Congestion

Chicago got that ranking for a reason. Did you hear about the home invasion ring operating within the Chicago police department? The NYC police like to do random searches of people without warrants, and the police commissioner there has openly said he'd ignore federal laws and attempt to make felons out of people protected by federal laws (the FOPA of 1986 that is).
HOLY COW I didn't realize it was so bad, I mean a ban on trans fats and we only now just allowed foie gras. How can we live like this?

I mean if a source as reputable as Reason magazine says so we must know something is wrong HAHAHAHA. Since they are funded by a group who supports Libertarianism, why should I care what they say?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:11 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,863,434 times
Kind of sad reading certain opinions. I am a retired urban cop, though not CPD, and during my whole career I never wanted to pull duty in large crowd situations where there was a threat of disorder. The vast majority of my colleagues felt the same way. Us night stick wielding jackboot thugs actually had homes and families to go do and normal calls for service more often than not prevented us getting in our time abusing citizens for kicks. I don't miss the job at all, especially having to put up with the segment of the population who would go out of their way to extremes just to make my job harder and distastefull. So maybe there should be no police detail at all for large rallies and just let people fend for themselves, oh, but that would wrong. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. Regarding all that extravagent overtime I use to get. Most of it was spent dealing with victims, at hospitals, and trying to close cases expeditiously for the benefit of victims and complainants. Nope, don't miss it at all, think I'll go for a nice hike tomorrow.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:18 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,352,177 times
Hmmm...maybe the whole point of that was to publicize the request of the 2 million in campaign funds? Watch, there will be 20 people in the park that night, but hey, the funds will have already been transfered by then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections