Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:17 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,313,206 times

Advertisements

I'm not familiar with Chicago but I was reading an ex Chicago cops blog about some big open air celebration been planned. According to him it's gonna be a blood bath and cops are doing everything to get out of it. Anyone on Chicago no about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 03:27 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,613,301 times
No, but knowing Chicago cops I am surprised. I would think they would be warming up their batons, german shepherds and tear gas in giddy expectation.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:26 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,853,849 times
Let's see, you read a "blog" by a "guy" who purports to be an "ex-cop from Chicago", not quite the worst PD in the US, NYC still holds that thanks to Rudy (screaming skull) Giuliani. Cops turning down a chance at a lot of OT, doesn't seem like any cop I ever met.

This is the PD that conducted one of the worst POLIC RIOTS (not my word, the Koerner Commission's) in the history of the US during the DNC in '68.

golfgod

Old 10-31-2008, 06:06 PM

My faux pas. Here is a link to the story. It's actually a Rally of about a million people in Grant Park. Once on the blog click Grant Park to read his other enteries.

Chicago, IL—It was 137 years ago this month inside a DeKoven Street barn that Mrs. O’Leary’s cow kicked over the lantern that began the Chicago Fire. Before it was over there were more than 300 dead and most of the city was destroyed. It was a terrible accident.

Now Chicago is planning the riskiest event ever in its history. An election night Barack Obama Rally is planned for Grant Park located adjacent to Chicago’s downtown. Today, Mayor Richard M. Daley happily announced that he’s expecting as much as a million people to attend. The attendees will be Barack Obama’s supporters, young angry Blacks looking for “change’.

The city has asked for as much as two million dollars from the Obama campaign for handling and clean up required for this unprecedented event. That meager sum won’t begin to cover the easily predictable explosive inferno that group would cause. The cleanup will take years, not days.

The city will need a huge supply of body bags on hand and the hospitals will never be able to handle the carnage this orgy will generate.

The sad truth is that the officials know what’s in store for this city and are proceeding anyway. God help the cops that are dumb enough to report to work that day.

Source: CRIME, GUNS, AND VIDEOTAPE: Chicago Fire DéjÃ* vu All Over Again

Old 10-31-2008, 06:11 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,293,958 times
Wow it is on a blog so it must be true, no one has ever posted anything but the truth on their blog

Old 10-31-2008, 06:16 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,094,659 times
Looking over this guy's blog, it is quite clear he has some issues, and his loathing of Obama borders on the pathological.

His bloodlust is disgusting, nothing more to see here.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Wow it is on a blog so it must be true, no one has ever posted anything but the truth on their blog
And your point is? Do just respond to be a flipin smart ass or do you have a point?

US election: Chicago's Grant Park braces for massive Obama election night rally | World news | guardian.co.uk

Obama campaign promising to pick up Grant Park rally tab -- chicagotribune.com

Old 10-31-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Looking over this guy's blog, it is quite clear he has some issues, and his loathing of Obama borders on the pathological.

His bloodlust is disgusting, nothing more to see here.
I notice most of my responses aren't posted...they are if I'm in agreement or making a casual statement but if it call him or his views out - nada. To think he was a cop.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:22 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,094,659 times
There is a certain subculture of local cops like this guy, so sadly, I'm not surprised he's a former Chicago cop. I find them loathsome.

Don't get me wrong, I have friends who are police officers in this city, but they know guys like him too, and they don't like 'em either.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:47 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,371,633 times
I hate to tell you this but Large Groups in big cities do cause Riots. An example of this is when the Phillys won the World Series a few days ago.

YouTube - Mayhem Riot on Broad St. - Phillies World Series Clip 2

Diane G
My friend that lives there told me downtown was trashed.He hates Philly, but is stuck there because his elderly mom won't move, and he can't leave her there alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections