Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:54 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
My youngest daughter and her family are an all American family. Both daughter and son in law have their Masters, upper middle class income, beautiful home, early 40s in age, two beautiful little children, Evangelical Christians, etc. etc. They have seriously decided that if McCain/Palin wins they are going to move out of the country. They do not want their children raised in what America is becoming and feel that the election of McCain/Palin would show that the majority of the American people are intent on continuing down this disasterous road. I have heard of other family and friends seriously discussing moving away from here in a way that I have never heard it before. It is as though people have been holding their breath, holding on waiting for the Bush nightmare to end and America to come to its senses. But the idea that we have come this close to escaping the neo con's clutches and taking the steps to returning our country to what it was meant to be....only to have people actually choose to remain in neo con bondage....would shatter their last hope.

Don't let the border hit them in the butt when they leave!
good grief, as much as I detest Obama, I do not make a threat to leave my country!!
But for the ones that do, says a lot about thir maturity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 11:57 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Don't let the border hit them in the butt when they leave!
good grief, as much as I detest Obama, I do not make a threat to leave my country!!
But for the ones that do, says a lot about thir maturity.
Interesting difference between them don't you think? Every time they think the country is in danger, they scream and whine and claim they will run away. Every time we see that there is a danger in the country, we point back to the founders, to our protections and tell the government it better tread lightly or we will come for them.

I guess the "home of the brave" doesn't cover them?

Old 11-03-2008, 12:25 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
You know that this country was built by people who loved their homeland but disagreed with the values of those in power and they felt that it didn't allow them the opportunity to raised a family and live their lives with freedom and with their values. Sadly, America has been slowly but surely becoming such a country under the neo cons. If the haters continue to elect the neo cons, then there are some modern day people who will have the courage of their convictions to find a place where they feel better fits the life they want for themselves and their family....just as did their forefathers. Not being terrorist, they will not seek to destroy this country....they will just find another one that is not so destructive to their family values. These are the exact same type of people who built THIS country ...your forefathers.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You know that this country was built by people who loved their homeland but disagreed with the values of those in power and they felt that it didn't allow them the opportunity to raised a family and live their lives with freedom and with their values. Sadly, America has been slowly but surely becoming such a country under the neo cons. If the haters continue to elect the neo cons, then there are some modern day people who will have the courage of their convictions to find a place where they feel better fits the life they want for themselves and their family....just as did their forefathers. Not being terrorist, they will not seek to destroy this country....they will just find another one that is not so destructive to their family values. These are the exact same type of people who built THIS country ...your forefathers.

I am going to be sick if I read one more slimy post like this one.
I love all the names you call people that do not agree with you and then
shout "yes we can"
yes we can what??
not know how to get along with someone that disagrees with you??
give me a break
News Flash: In the real world people disagree with each other
In the real world folks do not run away when you do not get your way
I have news for you, I have lived here in the good old USA all my life
my Dad fought in WW11 so I can say how I feel and vote my choice
I was taught that no one is better than me, and I am no better than anyone else
I get up early and work hard
I pay my taxes and do not break the law
I live in a working community in the inner city of Atlanta
I have white friends, black friends, gay friends, friends that believe in God and friends that do not
I do not want to kill people that disagree with me
or call them names
if you people had your way, you would line us up and put a bullet through our heads and not bat an eye
and then you have the nerve to say we that are not voting for Obama
are violent.
How in the world do some of you people function in life??

Old 11-03-2008, 03:10 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
A friend of mine, someone I work with, has a son attending school in England. This is the first election in which he is eligible to vote. He made this comment: "I will not move back to the U.S. if McCain-Palin win, simple as that."

Thoughts?

I don't blame him.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:15 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
A friend of mine, someone I work with, has a son attending school in England. This is the first election in which he is eligible to vote. He made this comment: "I will not move back to the U.S. if McCain-Palin win, simple as that."

Thoughts?

Maybe when he grows up he will realize that no matter who is president unless you are a fanatic you can do just fine.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:16 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default Relax, everybody...

No one's leaving. Obama wins big tomorrow.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:17 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,913 times
Go and good riddance. I'm always amused by these "threats" that they'll leave the country, not come back, leave earth.

As if it matters. Who cares? Believe me, there are a lot of people waiting to take your place. So stay in England, move back there, go to France ... it's of no consequence to most of us.

But to answer the question ..... what I "make of this" is that there are many people who don't do their due diligence and take the time to study both sides and decide for themselves who we need to lead this country right now. Instead, they listen to the BBC, ABC, NBC and CBS and believe everything they hear.

No question Mr. Obama has run one heck of a campaign for the past 2 years. He's a professional candidate. He has a highly skilled team manipulating a huge number of Americans.

But people threatening to leave or not come back? Stupid. And I don't believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections