Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:38 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,320,008 times

Advertisements

Velenzuela? McCain supporters are about as educated on Geography as he is. I think you meant, Venezuela? You lost all your credibility!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 06:39 PM

11,714 posts, read 24,870,138 times
Where the heck is Velenzuela? I took geography and spanish. Don't remember that country.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:39 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,188,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent thinker View Post
BTW, this is why the Democratic Congress has an all time low approval rating of 14%.
LOL. They have a low approval rating because they did nothing they hinted at doing when they won the slight majority in 2006. Not only did they not do what they promised, they didn't stand up to Bush and Republicans and even took charge to lead the way since Bush was too slow. They have failed. I cannot understand why any Democrats still support Nancy and Harry at all.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:40 PM

207 posts, read 280,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Healthcare, abortion, gay rights, war, energy, etc.
Ok. Fair enough - let's talk.
  • Healthcare - It is available for all. Get sick, go to a hospital & get care.
  • Abortion - yes, Republicans don't want innocent babies killed. Obama supports late term abortion - including when the baby's head is still in the birth canal & the practioner shovel scissors in the base of the baby's skull to kill the impending child.
  • Gay rights - You can be gay if you want to. Both my cousin & Aunt are gay & have very fufilling lives.
  • War - if we didn't go, how many American lives would be lost? Do I wish we could have avoided it? Yes. Do I wish we could get back every member of the troops who has been killed? Yes. Do I wish the families of the 9/11 victims could have their loved ones back? Yes. We would have to go at some point & this is a very hard issue.
  • Energy - Obama doesn't want to drill. McCain does. Drilling here is the best way to become independent. McCain is right on this issue. Obama is too inexperienced.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,296,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
LOL. They have a low approval rating because they did nothing they hinted at doing when they won the slight majority in 2006. Not only did they not do what they promised, they didn't stand up to Bush and Republicans and even took charge to lead the way since Bush was too slow. They have failed. I cannot understand why any Democrats still support Nancy and Harry at all.
One word: Filibuster.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:42 PM

207 posts, read 280,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
The bottom line is Pelosi & Reid failed us all with or without Bush. The Dems failed.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:44 PM

130 posts, read 176,173 times
The America our great grandparents and grandparents built for us will be tossed away if Obama wins tomorrow.

Our freedoms will be gone from radical left wing ideals such as gay marriage, bans on our rights to have guns, freedom of speech etc will all be tossed under a liberal President and two left wing nuts in the senate and house.

Then we have to deal with the worst generation of our history ( those born from 1980-1990 ) will further destroy everything those generations worked hard for.

It will take years to fix the disaster that we will be facing with this very poor decision to choose this man our President.

We all think the Iraq War was the worst decision in our lifetimes, well it will not be. Electing Obama will be the worst decision our country can ever make. We will pay for this terrible decision from day one and for many years to come.

It will be the end of America as we know it Barack Obama wins this election.

I am hopeful the American people are not that stupid to allow this to happen to us.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:44 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,188,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
One word: Filibuster.
Really? How many times was that used? Not threatened, but used? And who pushed the bailout legislation?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6200/29114007000424eb2e6d690hh6.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-03-2008, 06:45 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,836,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
These are similar responses when people warned of Stalin, Lenin, Mussolini etc...

All sheep to the slaughter... Watch the gun rights go first.

freedom
Sheep don't have any guns.
Look up the lists of countries which gave up the rights and then got destroyed from the top.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:47 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,794,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going-2-Florida View Post
The America our great grandparents and grandparents built for us will be tossed away if Obama wins tomorrow.

Our freedoms will be gone from radical left wing ideals such as gay marriage, bans on our rights to have guns, freedom of speech etc will all be tossed under a liberal President and two left wing nuts in the senate and house.

Then we have to deal with the worst generation of our history ( those born from 1980-1990 ) will further destroy everything those generations worked hard for.

It will take years to fix the disaster that we will be facing with this very poor decision to choose this man our President.

We all think the Iraq War was the worst decision in our lifetimes, well it will not be. Electing Obama will be the worst decision our country can ever make. We will pay for this terrible decision from day one and for many years to come.

It will be the end of America as we know it Barack Obama wins this election.

I am hopeful the American people are not that stupid to allow this to happen to us.
bs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections