Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 04:18 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,322,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I will support my President regardless of party affiliation. No, I won't support him against my moral and ethical beliefs but I do believe we have to come together as a nation and quit bickering with each other.
Good post, and in general I agree.

What frustrates me are hearing the two gentlemen on the Democratic ticket telling me to give more, but then I see their tax returns and how much they give away to others. Hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 04:21 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,942,600 times
I realize that Obama doesn't represent most of my beliefs, but this country is in bad times.

I won't support several of his views, but I think we should hope and pray for him to guide this country out of some very dark times.

That is what I'm hoping for.

I think he is a decent man; I obvioulsly disagree with several of his political views, but he will be the President.

Perhaps he, being an intelligent person, will listen to the people.

George Bush and his administration certainly didn't do that.

Maybe things will be different with Obama as President. I can always hope, can't I?

Old 11-04-2008, 04:23 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,962,737 times
Quote:
As a nation, and stop all of this bickering with each other. I realize that there are a lot of differences, but this is a very difficult time in this country.

Regardless of who wins, we need to support our next President in these difficult times.

I realize there are a lot of differences between the two candidates, but try to find some common ground if you can. I've never seen this country so divided and I hope that comes to an end, and quickly.

I will support my President regardless of party affiliation. No, I won't support him against my moral and ethical beliefs but I do believe we have to come together as a nation and quit bickering with each other.
I will support the foundations of this country, its purpose and its original direction and intent. If the next president attempts to do so, they have my support. If they do not, then no, support is the last thing they should be concerned about.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:24 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,634,836 times
Quote:
I realize that Obama doesn't represent most of my beliefs, but this country is in bad times.

I won't support several of his views, but I think we should hope and pray for him to guide this country out of some very dark times.

That is what I'm hoping for.

I think he is a decent man; I obvioulsly disagree with several of his political views, but he will be the President.

Perhaps he, being an intelligent person, will listen to the people.

George Bush and his administration certainly didn't do that.

Maybe things will be different with Obama as President. I can always hope, can't I?
I cannot pray for Obama. It would be lying to God. If it was just political views I could, but it is my personal opinion that this man does not have honorable intentions and is of poor character.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:25 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,634,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I will support the foundations of this country, its purpose and its original direction and intent. If the next president attempts to do so, they have my support. If they do not, then no, support is the last thing they should be concerned about.
That was so well-said! I don't care who you voted for. You have my respect for such a well-written post!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 04:29 PM

715 posts, read 1,670,796 times
Like I've said for 8 years...you may not like or even respect Bush, but you should at least respect the office of President. I voted for McCain but when Obama wins, I'll still respect the OFFICE. If Obama will stand up to the extremely far left, I'll respect him

Old 11-04-2008, 04:30 PM

272 posts, read 484,888 times
I have never seen an election where religion and ethics was talked about so much. And people wonder why everyone is divided? People need to vote for government issues, instead of ethical issues, otherwise this will be worse in the future.

5,406 posts, read 13,285,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I cannot pray for Obama. It would be lying to God. If it was just political views I could, but it is my personal opinion that this man does not have honorable intentions and is of poor character.
That doesn't even make sense; God wouldn't consider it lying. Just ask God to guide Obama in the direction that is best for this country. It might even work even though we conservatives right now think he's the pits. I can dream too! What's the alternative? We can make ourselves sick because he might be (notice I'm still saying might -- dreamer) our next POTUS, or we can hope and pray for a better tomorrow. I refuse to get an ulcer or apoplexy over the person who is chosen to be the leader of our country. It's not happening in my house.

6,762 posts, read 11,637,908 times
Screw coming together!!!! The Bush derangement crowd has been prying apart every seem in America since Bush went into office. For them to expect everybody to play nice if Barry wins is absurd and shows how delusional they are.

I support the constitution, and if the president is not doing that, then it is my duty as a citizen to hold their feet to the fire. The president is not a god. They are a servant.

Unfortunately, we are well on our way to a loser president again. Johnny and Barry both stink and I will not be "coming together" with anyone to cheer for them.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:32 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,842,651 times
How very sad that people refuse to pray for whoever is the president of this great country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections