Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

I wonder if John McCain still knows where Osama bin Laden is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 03:37 PM

493 posts, read 717,565 times
they don't want him to succeed, but those of us who support him will help him to succeed!

Old 11-05-2008, 03:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
This conserv doesn't pray for Obama to fail. I pray that he will be able to stand up to the Bidens, kerry's and kennedy's of his party and make decisions that benefit America first.
When he considers amnesty for illegals I pray that he thinks about the many many families of US Citizens who have been hurt by illegal immigration. I hope he calls for laws that punish and punish with extreme prejudice any employer of illegals.
I pray that he will respect our soldiers more than Clinton did.
I pray that he will not place false trust in Europe, and China. They are not exactly our friend.
I hope that he will hold Israel equally accountable as he would thier neighbors.
I pray he will have a long life. I respect him as a man, and I respect his abilities.
That is what this conserv/ libertarian prays for.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:52 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I frequent this as well as 7 other message boards, all of which allow political discussion in their "off topic" forums. The forums have relatively diverse topics and are as follows:

Ford diesel trucks
Using vegetable oil as fuel
Home heating with wood
Home heating with coal
Tractors and outdoor power equipment
Home improvement

All of the off topic forums are jammed with threads talking about the countdown to doomsday now that Obama has been elected President of the United States. Not exactly a scientific poll, but I think it's a pretty good cross section of America.
Still generalizing no matter how much you want to spin it.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:00 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This conserv doesn't pray for Obama to fail. I pray that he will be able to stand up to the Bidens, kerry's and kennedy's of his party and make decisions that benefit America first.
When he considers amnesty for illegals I pray that he thinks about the many many families of US Citizens who have been hurt by illegal immigration. I hope he calls for laws that punish and punish with extreme prejudice any employer of illegals.
I pray that he will respect our soldiers more than Clinton did.
I pray that he will not place false trust in Europe, and China. They are not exactly our friend.
I hope that he will hold Israel equally accountable as he would thier neighbors.
I pray he will have a long life. I respect him as a man, and I respect his abilities.
That is what this conserv/ libertarian prays for.
Really good post. Thank you. I hope he stands up as well. The fact that he didn't choose Hillary as his VP when everybody was hounding him about it or he didn't get down and dirty with the mudslinging when everybody (myself included) wanted him to, or when he didn't suspend his campaign when McCain was pressuring him to, told me he has it in him to think and go with his own mind. Now its time to show and prove.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:00 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
My point is that if Obama can actually lift this country from the funk that it's in and restore it to it's former glory so that we can truly call ourselves a superpower again, that would mean that eventually the "Obashers" would finally have to admit that they were wrong, so they'd rather see the U.S. wither and die.

When and if it happens, you will see many Republicans vote for Obama in 2012. It hasn't happened yet and it will take time. While I voted for McCain, I hope AND PRAY that I want to vote for Obama in 2012. That will mean he has done a good job.

Anyway, can you give us any links to support your title of this thread or are you just totally over-reacting and trying to feed us bulls.hit?

Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again. I'll extend the same hand of friendship to President Obama as the left extended to President Bush in '00 and '04.
Well President Bush was king of the world on 9/12 and he threw it away in pride.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
they don't want him to succeed, but those of us who support him will help him to succeed!

Once again, can you prove that we don't want him to succeed or are you just positing some more bullsh.it like the author of this topic?

Old 11-05-2008, 04:08 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
Yes folks, the very people who were just yesterday waving the flag at McCain/GOP rallies are now hoping beyond hope that the greatest nation ever conceived by man perishes from the earth. And for what? Basically these people are willing to chop off their own noses to spite their faces. Rather than rolling up their sleeves and committing to finding a way to put years of bitter partisanship aside in the face of monumental adversity, they would rather see disaster strike our great nation simply so they can say "told you so." If we cannot come together what can we ever hope to achieve?
Their prayers were almost answered under Bush. They are anything but patriotic. They wave a flag as they destroy the Constitution. They think if we watch the flag we will be too busy to notice what they are doing. I for one will write to ask for a criminal investigation into the activites of the Bush White house. They should be held accountable.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:12 PM

713 posts, read 1,866,152 times
Quote:
Yes folks, the very people who were just yesterday waving the flag at McCain/GOP rallies are now hoping beyond hope that the greatest nation ever conceived by man perishes from the earth.
Where did you hear about that? Do you have any evidence for this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections