Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 11:35 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,534,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
My point is the Michigan Militia DECLARED WAR on the Federal Government and they had 'scary' guns. Do those type of people really need that kinds of fire power. No domestic terrorist do not need that kind of gun. Regardless if they blew up the fed building or just one of their members did, the group as a whole declared war on the gov. -- so they were terrorist, no?
And if someone is a terrorist, will a ban on firearms keep them from obtaining them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 11:40 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Omg.. ya'll can still shoot ****, you could shoot **** when the ban was in place, no one is coming around to take your guns you do own, and if this gets put on the table, you will have plenty of time to buy a new toy. I cant sit her and rehash painful things to people who dont care about anyone but their own self.
Why are you lying?

The proposed ban has been posted.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:41 AM

972 posts, read 1,331,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
Before any proposed law, rule, regulation, etc. is enacted the following minimum items should be HONESTLY addressed:
1. What is the specific problem to be corrected?

A: People having military and law enforcement weapons that out-powers law enforcement, and puts the general public at risk. Domestic Terrorist and anti-government people creating armys to terrorize the citizens or take over the government.

2. Will this proposal correct this specific problem?

A: It will help.

3. What are the possible unintended consequences of this proposal?

A: None, as second amendment rights are not being taken away, all guns are not being banned, the guns are not being confiscated, this would only extend a previous law.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why are you lying?

The proposed ban has been posted.
Is it on the table, is it being debated in Congress? No. When you see it hit congress, get back to me. LOL

Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:

A: People having military and law enforcement weapons that out-powers law enforcement, and puts the general public at risk. Domestic Terrorist and anti-government people creating armys to terrorize the citizens or take over the government.

A: It will help.

A: None, as second amendment rights are not being taken away, all guns are not being banned, the guns are not being confiscated, this would only extend a previous law.
Are you violating copyright laws?

Copying and pasting from the Brady Campaign or wherever you got that garbage doesn't make it so. The FBI said the ban did nothing against crime. The SCOTUS says the Second Amendment protects all firearms in common use.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Is it on the table, is it being debated in Congress? No. When you see it hit congress, get back to me. LOL
Its not moving right now because Bush is not likely to sign it. As soon as Obama takes office, the gears will start turning for this bill.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Are you violating copyright laws?

Copying and pasting from the Brady Campaign or wherever you got that garbage doesn't make it so. The FBI said the ban did nothing against crime. The SCOTUS says the Second Amendment protects all firearms in common use.

Huh I was answering weedsnake who posted those questions..

read the thread before jumping down my throat.

I answered them with my OWN words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
Before any proposed law, rule, regulation, etc. is enacted the following minimum items should be HONESTLY addressed:

SEE?

Last edited by chasingclouds; 11-07-2008 at 11:54 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Its not moving right now because Bush is not likely to sign it. As soon as Obama takes office, the gears will start turning for this bill.
We will see.. I know many repubs will be in congress and some dems that would never sign it.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
We will see.. I know many repubs will be in congress and some dems that would never sign it.
I would expect that for every democrat not willing to sign it, there is 1.5 RINOs on the republican side that would.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:54 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
SEE?
Looks like I missed that post. This thread is moving quite fast, bound to happen. It looked very similar to the stuff those sites have posted hence the mistake...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections