Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 10:29 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
And explain to me why most of you so worried about your 'rights', yet most of you try to tell Gay People they can not marry, wouldn't vote for Obama because he is half Black, and try to tell a woman what to do with HER body, and voted for Bush who shredded our constitution, and went for another round by voting for that neo-con McCain-- who is friends with Liddy that tells people to shoot to kill federal agents ... hypocrites.
Abortion is not in the constitution and Roe v Wade is a court decision with no constitutional backing. States should say yea or nay on the issue. I neither support RvW NOR support a federal ban on abortion. Gay marriage is also not in the constitution and should be a state issue. The people of California have also spoken. Vermont allows civil unions however. Reproductive rights can be added as an amendment to the Constitution, since amendments are meant to expand rights as opposed to restricting them, but people are complacent since they did an end runaround with RvW.

I'm also pleased that Obama is president from a historical standpoint as I didn't have a dog in this hunt, so to speak. Unfortunately, gun owners are going to have to work together and potentially even lie to the government (e.g. underground market) to preserve their rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 10:31 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,534,456 times
To get back on topic, I still want to know why the Ruger target rifle I posted is going to be banned under the new AWB, if it passes.

Someone give me a reason banning that weapon will do any good.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:32 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
And explain to me why most of you so worried about your 'rights', yet most of you try to tell Gay People they can not marry, wouldn't vote for Obama because he is half Black, and try to tell a woman what to do with HER body, and voted for Bush who shredded our constitution, and went for another round by voting for that neo-con McCain-- who is friends with Liddy that tells people to shoot to kill federal agents ... hypocrites.
Off topic.

Explain the purpose of the proposed gun ban,what it will accomplish,how it will do so....

Should be simple enough to do.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Off topic.

Explain the purpose of the proposed gun ban,what it will accomplish,how it will do so....

Should be simple enough to do.
I am thinking they can't do what you're asking....

Old 11-07-2008, 10:34 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
OH HERE WE GO................you assume we gun owners voted that way so therefore you are going to kick us in the teeth just in spite.

Guess what brother?I voted no to my state of Fl from banning gay marriage.I don't give a frak who gets married.I support others FREEDOM EVEN IF I DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM.

My fellow 2nd amendment members trying to make these people understand,forget it,they don't care about truth or facts,you can talk till you are blue in the face it won't matter.........just defeat them by stopping this legislation.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:37 AM

972 posts, read 1,331,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Abortion is not in the constitution and Roe v Wade is a court decision with no constitutional backing. States should say yea or nay on the issue. I neither support RvW NOR support a federal ban on abortion. Gay marriage is also not in the constitution and should be a state issue. The people of California have also spoken. Vermont allows civil unions however. Reproductive rights can be added as an amendment to the Constitution, since amendments are meant to expand rights as opposed to restricting them, but people are complacent since they did an end runaround with RvW.

I'm also pleased that Obama is president from a historical standpoint as I didn't have a dog in this hunt, so to speak. Unfortunately, gun owners are going to have to work together and potentially even lie to the government (e.g. underground market) to preserve their rights.
Gay Marriage is a CIVIL RIGHTS discrimination issue, and an infringement on their rights -- of Freedom of Religion.

Everyone in this thread fail to realize the government is by the people for the people and nothing gets passed without Congress Okay'ing it.

There is NO super-majority... this isn't going to pass, and even if it did so what..IF it passed, then it is the PEOPLES will that it does. We don't need a abunch of wing-nuts running around declaring war on the government brandishing fully automatic weapons and planning terrorist attacks while high on a gordan liddy hate-speech radio show, telling people to kill federal agents. And we also dont need gangs and drug dealers having them either, end of story.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:38 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
I own guns too btw. And I do not have a problem with the definitions. Leaving it up to the attorney? It had to be left open somewhat to cover new guns that come on the market. The law is clear that it doesnt want military equipment or law enforcement equipment on the streets.

To me this if for criminals and people like the Militia's (not the legal ones, but more so the nutty ones that declare war on the government like the Michigan militia did over waco, that inspired and trained McVeigh)-- domestic terrorist like McVeigh.

Once again let me explain:
My father was a police officer, he died by a murdering person with a gun.

I lost family -- A BABY---in the Oklahoma City Bombing.

Measures have to be taken to prevent domestic terrorism and crime.

You may not like it, but I ALSO dont like that Bush shredded our constitution and rights to 'protect us' but ya'll tell me that's okay on one hand, while on the other youre pissy you cant own a fully automatic assualt rifle or some crazy thing *&*(. I say youre being crybabies and dont care about anyone but yourself.
To address two statements you made. One, concerning your father: a person intent on killing someone (murder is very illegal) will not be stopped by a law against owning a particular weapon. The FBI studied the original AWB and concluded it did nothing to lower crime. I linked to an article earlier pointing this out, which you have seen fit to entirely ignore. Banning those weapons, however, may make others defenseless victims of criminals.

Second, OKC was not done with a weapon banned by the AWB and obviously the original AWB did nothing to stop that, did it? It probably contributed to his desire to do what he did, the government trashing people's rights.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
OH HERE WE GO................ *snip*

Well, you know what to do when you can't argue your point effectively. Change the subject!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:40 AM

972 posts, read 1,331,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
OH HERE WE GO................you assume we gun owners voted that way so therefore you are going to kick us in the teeth just in spite.

Guess what brother?I voted no to my state of Fl from banning gay marriage.I don't give a frak who gets married.I support others FREEDOM EVEN IF I DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM.

My fellow 2nd amendment members trying to make these people understand,forget it,they don't care about truth or facts,you can talk till you are blue in the face it won't matter.........just defeat them by stopping this legislation.
If you voted no you would be the RARE one in this issue-- which I am sure you are aware of. I live in the reddest state in the nation, and I know how MOST like I said in my post MOST.. think.

Now what about BUSH?? Are you upset about all the rights he took away?

Old 11-07-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Gay Marriage is a CIVIL RIGHTS discrimination issue, and an infringement on their rights -- of Freedom of Religion.

Everyone in this thread fail to realize the government is by the people for the people and nothing gets passed without Congress Okay'ing it.

There is NO super-majority... this isn't going to pass, and even if it did so what..IF it passed, then it is the PEOPLES will that it does. We don't need a abunch of wing-nuts running around declaring war on the government brandishing fully automatic weapons and planning terrorist attacks while high on a gordan liddy hate-speech radio show, telling people to kill federal agents. And we also dont need gangs and drug dealers having them either, end of story.
Congress can do whatever they want with out listening to the people. Its happened before.

No, we don't need people with fully automatic weapons and planning terrorist attacks - the AWB does not cover that stuff anyway - so whats the point.

Gangs and drug dealers aren't going to listen to an AWB either. I mean, drugs are outlawed yet they deal them anyway don't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections