Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:14 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,162,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
So for every Limbaugh we get an Obermann, Mathewes, Okra or Frankin?
See. Even after several posts pointing out that Obama does not agree with the fairness doctrine. It continues. Reading is fundamental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 10:16 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,157,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You spend time watching and listening to propaganda but you dont spend three minutes to look up information that's right at your fingertips and free.
Obama's press secretary, Michael Ortiz, told B&C that Obama "considers this debate to be a distraction from the conversation we should be having about opening up the airwaves and modern communications to as many diverse viewpoints as possible." Obama is more concerned about achieving diversity through "media-ownership caps, network neutrality, public broadcasting, as well as increasing minority ownership of broadcasting and print outlets."
Obama Says No To Fairness Doctrine

Obama Does Not Support Return of Fairness Doctrine - 6/25/2008 6:25:00 PM - Broadcasting & Cable

Thans for doing the homework again,Delusianne!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:17 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
Why would Obama even try to pull this one out? Hell he'd have to shut down all of the bias media that got him elected....You think Sean and Rush would sit back and say hmmm ok...hell no.

Herr Von obamer will decide "what" gets pulled and censored, the loony hypnotists that preached his brand will become the "official" sanctioned re-educators.

YouTube - steam powered hypno wheel

Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Network Neutrality | U.S. Senator Barack Obama

Net Neutrality is a sham perpetrated by the "victims" of the "Drive by media" hacks. You know who they are. They're trying to whip their listeners who are too stupid to do a simple google search into a frenzy. It's working.
I didnt know we were talking about net neutrality, but thanks for spurring me on to go read about the different arguments pro and con. I dont know who you mean by "drive-by media" hacks. So far Im still on the side of the Savetheinternet folks - against further and control over access to the Internet or different web services.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
See. Even after several posts pointing out that Obama does not agree with the fairness doctrine. It continues. Reading is fundamental.

You might tell that to the [mod cut] I was responding to. SHE is the one that advocates it.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-06-2008 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: no insults!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
You might tell that to the [mod cut] I was responding to. SHE is the one that advocates it.
Why not respond then with the facts. Obama does not support the Fairness Doctrine. He advocates MORE transparency and MORE open dialogue.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-06-2008 at 10:50 PM..

Old 11-06-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I didnt know we were talking about net neutrality, but thanks for spurring me on to go read about the different arguments pro and con. I dont know who you mean by "drive-by media" hacks. So far Im still on the side of the Savetheinternet folks - against further and control over access to the Internet or different web services.
I don't think you can talk about fairness in media without talking about the internet. Rush, Hannity, etc.

The internet cannot be regulated except by the ISPs. With the flow of information, there is great freedom. Even when that information is wrong.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
You might tell that to the nitwit I was responding to. SHE is the one that advocates it.
I suppose you mean me. Fairness Doctrine =/= net neutrality.

Quote:
I don't think you can talk about fairness in media without talking about the internet. Rush, Hannity, etc.

The internet cannot be regulated except by the ISPs. With the flow of information, there is great freedom. Even when that information is wrong.
That's what Im saying. Obama too. Did you all just want to call me names? I dont get what you're attacking me for.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:

Facts are the bubblehead mentioned both Fox and Limbaugh specifically, I wanted to see if she was open enough to play tit for tat.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I suppose you mean me. Fairness doctrine =/= net neutrality.
No, not at all. Fairness doctrine is about censorship. That's Doubleplus good. Net Neutrality is about free speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections