Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:15 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
God you really do need everything explained to you don't you? He already has the plans under way. This was all but confirmed by some of his staffers. It's a done deal. I don't care what he told you 4 months ago buddy. He waffles and lies about everything, why would this be any different?
I should listen to you, because you've been right about so many things....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 03:56 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Quote:
When I watch left media, read publications, movie stars hating on the right, MTV and so on.........(You all get the idea) I cringe with anger at their spewing of baseless leftist propaganda. However, I recognize their 1st amendment rights and have always supported this right no matter how much I disagree.

Today on CNN, their guest said Obama will absolutely shut down right wing radio in American. How in God's name can he F-ing do this in the United states of America? The guest also said the supreme court would likely throw out such an act when challenged, but that would take 2-years. Obama does not care, he wants the first 2-years of his presidency to go unchecked, unchallenged, without right-wing criticism.

This is the way of numerous communist countries people. Doesn't that scare you in the least bit? Obama supporters, the way I see it, there is no excuse you can really give. I know you will come on here stating how much you hate right-wing radio and so on, but come on, be realistic. This is just not right!

The guest on CNN (missed his name) said it is well know within the Obama camp, this will be one of his very first agendas. Shut them down and shut them up, is basically what he said.
This is just what I've been saying. I've been told that, since Reagan, the right has been fear-mongering against the left. But how quickly they forget, Hollywood has been bashing the conservatives for decades, long before Reagan became president, and this has been acceptable for far too long. It's about damn time the right finally started speaking out. Anyone who thinks Obama's silencing conservative talk radio is going to stop there is delusional; it's won't be just the right whose rights will be endangered, it will be everyone's--no matter how much a loyal liberal party puppet they are. This is where communism began. In the words of a Russian acquaintance who just moved here three years ago, upon hearing of this, "I just came from this! I don't want to go back to it!" Open your eyes people!

Old 11-07-2008, 03:57 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I should listen to you, because you've been right about so many things....
Poor little Cowbot,still talking to his "sources", AKA the teddy bear that talks to him in his mom's basement.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:43 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,578,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You spend time watching and listening to propaganda but you dont spend three minutes to look up information that's right at your fingertips and free.
Obama's press secretary, Michael Ortiz, told B&C that Obama "considers this debate to be a distraction from the conversation we should be having about opening up the airwaves and modern communications to as many diverse viewpoints as possible." Obama is more concerned about achieving diversity through "media-ownership caps, network neutrality, public broadcasting, as well as increasing minority ownership of broadcasting and print outlets."
Obama Says No To Fairness Doctrine (http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6575718.html?q=obama+%22fairness+doctrine%22 - broken link)

Obama Does Not Support Return of Fairness Doctrine - 6/25/2008 6:25:00 PM - Broadcasting & Cable
This is absolutely frightening!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:10 AM

24,394 posts, read 23,050,809 times
I've listened to talk radio for maybe 25 years. First it was local morning talk radio, then I found WWDB in Philly that had 24/7 talk radio except for Sinatra on weekends. Boy has Philly ever gone down the crapper when it comes to radio, BTW. I liked Bruce Williams late nights, I guess he was syndicated. And then Art Bell and now George noory on AM Coast to Coast. Then Rush took over days and pushed alot of local programs out. I don't like him or Hannity but I'll listen if I can't find anything else. Luckily I can get Bill Oreilly( who is awesome) weekdays.
Syndicated talk radio isn't perfect but it serves a purpose and people like it. It gives them a voice they don't otherwise have and a chance to hear opinions they might share. Hopefully it isn't their only source of news and commentary, but that can be said for people who read the New York Times, Or watch MSNBC or ABC, CBS, NBC for news.
I found Air America and listened to it for a short while before it was cancelled locally. It was awful. All people did was call and complain and quote liberal mantra and it was so slanted that it made Rush look non partisan. The radio hosts were terrible. It deserved to fail and if they couldn't get enough listeners, why should any other stations be forced to pick up their crappy style of programming? I refuse to watch MSNBC anymore until Keith Olbermann leaves but I don't think they should be forced to hire a mainstream or right wing commentator either. Let them keep their lower ratings and aim for the viewers they want. If they're happy, fine. The same goes for Fox. They aim their programming at certain viewers and enjoy the highest cable ratings. leave them alone, too. This is still America, leave freedom alone.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:12 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Now that last part you definitely got from Limbaugh.

Still can't come up with an intelligent remark I see...lol.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:22 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,000,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You spend time watching and listening to propaganda but you dont spend three minutes to look up information that's right at your fingertips and free.
Obama's press secretary, Michael Ortiz, told B&C that Obama "considers this debate to be a distraction from the conversation we should be having about opening up the airwaves and modern communications to as many diverse viewpoints as possible." Obama is more concerned about achieving diversity through "media-ownership caps, network neutrality, public broadcasting, as well as increasing minority ownership of broadcasting and print outlets."
Obama Says No To Fairness Doctrine (http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6575718.html?q=obama+%22fairness+doctrine%22 - broken link)

Obama Does Not Support Return of Fairness Doctrine - 6/25/2008 6:25:00 PM - Broadcasting & Cable
\

Quote:
Can the public really trust an Obama administration to resist a Democratic Congress’ efforts to revive the censorship measure? Considering that Senator Obama hasn’t stood up to his own party in any substantial way thus far, it’s unlikely a President Obama would magically adopt the practice.
Pajamas Media » Obama and the Fairness Doctrine

Quote:
In both cases, Obama’s followers were instructed to report their guerrilla tactics back to the campaign through a special dedicated page on the campaign’s official website. (By all means, inform us of your thuggish behavior perpetrated on Barack’s behalf! We’ll add you to our “nice” list.)
Actions speak louder than words. I can't believe you still take politicans word.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:29 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,756,161 times
Quote:
When I watch left media, read publications, movie stars hating on the right, MTV and so on.........(You all get the idea) I cringe with anger at their spewing of baseless leftist propaganda. However, I recognize their 1st amendment rights and have always supported this right no matter how much I disagree.

Today on CNN, their guest said Obama will absolutely shut down right wing radio in American. How in God's name can he F-ing do this in the United states of America? The guest also said the supreme court would likely throw out such an act when challenged, but that would take 2-years. Obama does not care, he wants the first 2-years of his presidency to go unchecked, unchallenged, without right-wing criticism.

This is the way of numerous communist countries people. Doesn't that scare you in the least bit? Obama supporters, the way I see it, there is no excuse you can really give. I know you will come on here stating how much you hate right-wing radio and so on, but come on, be realistic. This is just not right!

The guest on CNN (missed his name) said it is well know within the Obama camp, this will be one of his very first agendas. Shut them down and shut them up, is basically what he said.

The Fairness Doctrine will not shut anybody up. It will require broadcasters that use public airwaves to allow different viewpoints to be heard. It will encourage meanningful debate as opposed to the right wing AM radio nazis that rant all day now. It is badly needed.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:35 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
\

Pajamas Media » Obama and the Fairness Doctrine

Actions speak louder than words. I can't believe you still take politicans word.
Well, but rather than presuming what will happen let's watch and see. He's not even in office yet.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,056 times
Quote:

I'm OK with FOX NEWS (even though I hate it) but I absolutely CAN NOT stand shows like Hanity/Colmes and Rush Limbaugh, I can take Bill O'Reilley but NO to Hanity. Those slanderous "documentaries" Hanity made were utterly disgusting, and as childish as it sounds, I hope Obama gets his revenge and punishes them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections