Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:59 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,545,682 times

Advertisements

Who cares what that angry old blow hard thinks. He will fade quickly, and it won't be too soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 11:02 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,480,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Hey man ... you knew what you were getting with those 2, that's my point.
I recognize that I am in the distinct minority here, but to be honest, I prefer my politicians to be at least somewhat decent, honorable and cognizant of what the law does and does not allow. However, it is a free country and if Rahm Emmanuel is what the people want, that is what they will get.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:10 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,606,549 times
Default I am responding late but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
What amazes me most about you hate mongers is that you claim conservatives to be the ones who spew the lies. I am a conservative but I would NEVER stoop so low as to speak of your president in such a childish way. You may KMA, though if you're headed this way. The only thing awesome about you is your ignorance of the facts.
I find it hard to believe that you are so upset at the attacks on RL. Do you listen to him? He attacks and spews hate everyday!

Old 11-14-2008, 12:45 PM

20,467 posts, read 12,395,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Who cares what that angry old blow hard thinks. He will fade quickly, and it won't be too soon!
how is he going to fade?

Old 11-14-2008, 02:18 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,562,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

I doubt that Limbaugh fades from sight. He speaks to an angry, intolerant audience that believes he's a news source. As long as these "low information" types make up a sizable portion of the population, Limbaugh will have listeners. But maybe listening isn't something they're truly capable of.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:57 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,670,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The value of Fox News is lights years ahead of the "value" of MSNBC.

Or are you one of those who thinks that only left-wing news stations have any value?
There are no left-wing news stations.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,034,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I doubt that Limbaugh fades from sight. He speaks to an angry, intolerant audience that believes he's a news source. As long as these "low information" types make up a sizable portion of the population, Limbaugh will have listeners. But maybe listening isn't something they're truly capable of.
Oh, gosh...Rush speaks to "low info" types....by giving them info, that the left wants to shut down, and you think these dullards aren't capable of listening...and want to bring back the "Fairness Doctrine".

Right!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:16 PM

998 posts, read 1,514,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think you're right.

They will cling to him like a security blanket even more now, in my opinion.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:18 PM

Default Rush calls Rahm Emanuel a "Chicago thug".

Limbaugh does a lot of namecalling. His audience likes that sort of thing. Of course, his audience considers loudmouth chickenhawk neocons to be "American heros", too.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Oh, gosh...Rush speaks to "low info" types....by giving them info, that the left wants to shut down, and you think these dullards aren't capable of listening...and want to bring back the "Fairness Doctrine".

Right!

The low info people can't filter information from blabbering. They accept it all as gospel because they worship the source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections