Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:40 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,371,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
The American dream is to have liberty and freedom, especially from the government. I doubt Obama will try to do much about that.
Are the public school systems failing to teach these basic things nowadays?
Who knows. I just work hard and plan, because my own success or failure is based on my own efforts. The government has little to do with it. No different than when my ancestors came to the country. The head of household at that time had a grade school education and knew only a little English, but managed to make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 01:41 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I hope that you aren't hoping for the government that ruined health care, to be the government that saves it.
I am looking for these corporations to be forced to follow up on their promise to cover us and if they can not do it, we can work out another way for that to happen. One only has to look at every other industrialized nation in the world and the fact they have a healthier population to know we have it wrong.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
Who knows. I just work hard and plan, because my own success or failure is based on my own efforts. The government has little to do with it. No different than when my ancestors came to the country. The head of household at that time had a grade school education and knew only a little English, but managed to make it.
You knew enough to commit genocide on my people.

Americans are working hard, but our jobs are dissipating. Those that want the American dream that you were able to pursue have become the working poor and god forbid if you get sick and are not covered--insurance or not, lose your home if youre lucky enough to have one to pay for life saving operations that the insurance wont cover. Something is VERY wrong that the older population who made good for themselves under better times want to stand back and let those younger than them not have a chance at all.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:14 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,371,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
You knew enough to commit genocide on my people.
What kind of generalizing do people do nowadays? That's exactly why younger people are not always respected for what they say, because they don't look at the whole picture.

It was not "my people," they came after the industrial revolution. So it was not "my people," don't ever assume something about other people. That's the problem with people I guess, they make too many assumptions about everything and everyone.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
What kind of generalizing do people do nowadays? That's exactly why younger people are not always respected for what they say, because they don't look at the whole picture.

It was not "my people," they came after the industrial revolution. So it was not "my people," don't ever assume something about other people. That's the problem with people I guess, they make too many assumptions about everything and everyone.
you refer to when your people came here and did this and that, again those were better times and your family was able to pursue the american dream no doubt or you wouldn't think that every working person without education can sill do that. It's alright for you to make sweeping generalizations, but if I do-- you don't like it very much, huh. That is what is wrong with people in this country--right!

Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,414,424 times
Quote:
hmm.. you think because you are OLD you know better? How old are you? who will be wiping your you know what in the nursing home, paid for by medicare a system you didn't pay enuff into -- to pay what the system pays them to wipe it.. Its the working youth's tax dollars giving you that welfare, the people that can not put food on the table or find stable jobs because of YOU. Your gen has gone about destroying this WHOLE PLANET and making the American dream impossible for them and their own families, yet YOU think you know better? no, you do not know better. You have proved you do not know beter yet you still HOPE to allow people to rape us more? You do not and never will have a clue with that attitude.
All of this rape will stop, poster, when you realize that voting for liberals is a dead end. I guess by "gen" you mean generation, but there's no evidence that the current generation is as intelligent as an earlier one. Surely, the liberals have made a mess of schools to the extent that children are just passed along through the system without having learned anything, and that's just for starters. If you have a problem with medicare, then look to the Democrat party for this, and while you're at it, don't forget that it was FDR that started the whole social mess.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
I am looking for these corporations to be forced to follow up on their promise to cover us and if they can not do it, we can work out another way for that to happen. One only has to look at every other industrialized nation in the world and the fact they have a healthier population to know we have it wrong.
Just go into the waiting room of any charity hospital to see how wrong socialized medicine can be.

All due respect but you should change your handle to "headintheclouds."

Old 11-17-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
The American dream is to have liberty and freedom, especially from the government. I doubt Obama will try to do much about that.
Are the public school systems failing to teach these basic things nowadays?
Well, you know that the public school systems have an agenda, and it does not include educating children the way that they used to. I got out of teaching when the principal told me that the lowest grade I could give my students was "C."

Old 11-17-2008, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Just go into the waiting room of any charity hospital to see how wrong socialized medicine can be.

All due respect but you should change your handle to "headintheclouds."
Some would rather wait than to not have care at all. It's asinine to think otherwise because millions of people die from what started out as a treatable thing that got worse because they could not afford to pay to go to the doctor or buy the medicine.

Oh and thanks for the cutdown.. nice one.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
All of this rape will stop, poster, when you realize that voting for liberals is a dead end. I guess by "gen" you mean generation, but there's no evidence that the current generation is as intelligent as an earlier one. Surely, the liberals have made a mess of schools to the extent that children are just passed along through the system without having learned anything, and that's just for starters. If you have a problem with medicare, then look to the Democrat party for this, and while you're at it, don't forget that it was FDR that started the whole social mess.
My family lost their farm to a predatory lender in the dust bowl/GREAT DEPRESSION. Who closed on them after a few days of being late, please do not talk to me about FDR being bad. Had we left regulation he made intact we would not have these problems now that are repeating. How on earth do people like you even come up with this rubbish.

http://www.buffalocommons.org/docs/smenu2/images2/dustbowl.jpg (broken link)

unemployed workers chicago

Last edited by chasingclouds; 11-17-2008 at 02:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections