Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 09:52 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,515 times

Advertisements

For the first Time in History a few Wall street journal readers voted Dem. and now the other 98% of the left trash think they can play with the big boys... enjoy it while it last !! It's not everyday a president has a 16% approval rating with The first black man running...

Old 11-18-2008, 10:08 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,679 times
I don't think Upton is painting any group with a broad brush - just pointing out a segment of the population that is often hidden. We always hear about black folks in the ghetto, but now that light is being shed on PWT everybody's sensitive.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I guess I have a unique perspective. I have always been a white minority. in my early days in detroit, and growing up in the DC area. the only time I was in a white majority, I was in PA. memphis, forget about it. the city I live in now, is probably 35% black, and the area of the city I live in is probably 80% black. I voted at an all black baptist church. I got some funny looks. I also can drive across the cape fear river and be in the heart of white trash country. they both exist here. I am surrounded by lots of different races who I would consider trash. there is even a poor latino population here. you are gonna find good people of all races and political backgrounds. you are gonna find bad people of all races and political backgrounds. you got to stop painting with that broad brush.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:13 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'll tell you one thing, during the election you didn't see blacks indulging and pushing conspiracy theories and smears such as the white trash did and still do with Obama's a Muslim, a terrorist, wasn't born in America, the anti Christ, etc.
No, they just called everyone racists - some of them.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:22 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
it is painting with a broad brush. white trash is never hidden. it's been around forever, and will continue to be around. to say that one political party is being overtaken by a small minority, isn't realistic. who always hears about black folks in the ghetto? what on earth do people watch or read to get their news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I don't think Upton is painting any group with a broad brush - just pointing out a segment of the population that is often hidden. We always hear about black folks in the ghetto, but now that light is being shed on PWT everybody's sensitive.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Interesting article recently in The Economist about the death of intelligence within the Republican Party. Certainly many of it's leaders are suspect (Palin is a good example) and the GOP's appeal seems to have been whittled down to just plain racist white trash...something we see demonstrated daily.
Well I am neither white trash nor uneducated, I have a Masters Degree as does my husband and we are both republicans. When blanket statements are made by either side it just shows your ignorance.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:15 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Well I am neither white trash nor uneducated, I have a Masters Degree as does my husband and we are both republicans. When blanket statements are made by either side it just shows your ignorance.

You want some ignorance, keep a mirror handy. The article never said ALL Republicans were "white trash" just that the GOP was in danger of limiting their appeal to primarily that segment of society.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:23 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
You want some ignorance, keep a mirror handy. The article never said ALL Republicans were "white trash" just that the GOP was in danger of limiting their appeal to primarily that segment of society.

It does not matter you put it out there as though it were all, the insinuation was enough to show your ignorance. The title alone makes this case.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:30 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,487 times
Quote:
I'll tell you one thing, during the election you didn't see blacks indulging and pushing conspiracy theories and smears such as the white trash did and still do with Obama's a Muslim, a terrorist, wasn't born in America, the anti Christ, etc.

Nawwwww, they just called McCain a traitor, a squealer, a Manchurian Candidate, song bird, crashed 5 planes anything BUT what he is, an American hero. Oh yeah, the goofy **** about him not being an American citizen despite the fact that BOTH his parents were and he was born on a Navy base. Nawwwww that didn't happen, did it?

Come on Boy, step up to the plate call a spade a spade.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:30 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
It does not matter you put it out there as though it were all, the insinuation was enough to show your ignorance. The title alone makes this case.

I beg to differ, the thread title was quoted from the article ...

Quote:
Moderates complain that the Republicans are becoming the party of “white-trash pride”
Got that mirror?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:33 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Yet you seem to be implying that all Republicans are just that, nothing more than 'white trash'. You know something? I am tired of it. 'White trash' is a racial slur than applies to a specific group of people of a certain race, just like any other racial slur. You would be on that mod report feature like a hobo on a ham sandwich of someone else used racial slurs, yet you seem to have no problem doing it yourself.

If you truly believe (and i suspect you do) that the Republican party consists of little more than 'white trash' surely you would want to avoid any and all contact with such lowly and offensive individuals. Make a habit of dealing only with known Democrats in all aspects of your daily life. If you ever get in a serious car wreck be sure to tell whoever is hanging your ninth unit of blood prior to going to the OR that you want ONLY democratic surgeons, anesthesia providers and other OR personnel because you cannot imagine putting your life in the hands of 'white trash'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections