Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:44 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,214,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
They just pi$$ me off because I'd welcome a choice and their constant BS about these issues along with their continuing to march in lock-step with the fear mongering drunk Senator from Wisconsin give me none.

Give me a fiscally conservative, socially liberal platform and I'm all ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 08:59 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,410,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
They just pi$$ me off because I'd welcome a choice and their constant BS about these issues along with their continuing to march in lock-step with the fear mongering drunk Senator from Wisconsin give me none.

Give me a fiscally conservative, socially liberal platform and I'm all ears.
Exactly

Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,591,381 times
ANY improvement over the next four years will mean re-election for Barack Obama.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:46 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,783,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Even though I have committed myself to giving Obama a chance to prove me wrong about him, I am still looking ahead to 2012 and trying to figure out what it's going to take to unseat this jerk.

Thoughts?
My thought is that I don't understand how you can claim to want to give Obama a chance and then a sentence later, call him a jerk. Helloooo???

Playing devil's advocate, heavy on the devil.

If the GOP has any HOPE whatsoever to win any seats back in 2010, they need to choose Mike Steele of Maryland to be their leader. Mr. Steele then needs to neutralize people like Newt Gingrich, who is going around spewing his disdain for Sarah Palin as not being the future of the party and then going on BillO's show spewing that there is a gay secular facism element in America. Note to Newt, the gay secular facists that you are speaking of are the very people that Sarah Palin supporters are against as well .... dude.

What the Republican party needs to do is GET SMART. Weed out the people like Gingrich, Palin, Boehner, who represent the extreme right and not very bright side of the party and get people in there like Mike Steele & Bobby Jindal, smart republicans who do not view knowledge and intellectual curiosity as a threat. They want to move the party beyond Ronald Reagan, not reconsitutute it.

Yuck .. I need a shower now.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:06 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,438,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
You don't know either.
None of us know because four years in politics is an eternity.

Add to that the extremely volatile situation that exists in the Mid-East and Russia, and Heaven forbid we have another major terrorist attack on US soil. Obama's talk first policy could really bite him in the backside if Iran verifiably goes "hot" or his cut and run policy in Iraq turns into a "vacancy" sign to the Iranians. If any of the afore mentioned occurs, Bush will be vindicated much to the chagrin of the left and the voters will not allow anything as critical to our survival as foreign policy be handled by a novice any longer.

Look for Republicans to go to what they know will work, that being the Republican Revolution part two.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I think if Romney had been the nominee rather than McCain, he would have won by double-digits. His economic track record would have been hard to turn away from in this climate, and he could have (and probably would have) spoken out against that idiotic bailout package of which 85% of Americans disapproved and Obama (and McCain) voted in favor.

Hindsight is 20/20. (Or foresight in my case, as I supported Romney from the beginning )

I think you have little grasp of why Obama buried McCain. In the current climate, ANY GOP candidate would have been spanked hard, romney included. The economy was just the icing on the cake.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:37 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,450,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Look for Republicans to go to what they know will work, that being the Republican Revolution part two.
Then expect an American Revolution then.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:02 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,226,216 times
Quote:
Obama's talk first policy could really bite him in the backside if Iran verifiably goes "hot" or his cut and run policy in Iraq turns into a "vacancy" sign to the Iranians. If any of the afore mentioned occurs, Bush will be vindicated much to the chagrin of the left and the voters will not allow anything as critical to our survival as foreign policy be handled by a novice any longer.
What the heck is Obama's "cut and run policy in Iraq?" The Iraqis are driving out the Americans. They just developed the SOFA, which mandates our departure, and is a great blow to Bush's fantasy of a "aspirational" departure. And guess what? The Iranians are driving the situation already.

Obama's had nothing to do with any of that. It's Bush's failure through and through. I realize that you'll want to blame Obama for everything that happens during his term and during any GOP President's term if one follows Obama's. But to start blaming the Iraqi situation on Obama now is pretty pathetic.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:42 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,619,772 times
Quote:
None of us know because four years in politics is an eternity.

Add to that the extremely volatile situation that exists in the Mid-East and Russia, and Heaven forbid we have another major terrorist attack on US soil. Obama's talk first policy could really bite him in the backside if Iran verifiably goes "hot" or his cut and run policy in Iraq turns into a "vacancy" sign to the Iranians. If any of the afore mentioned occurs, Bush will be vindicated much to the chagrin of the left and the voters will not allow anything as critical to our survival as foreign policy be handled by a novice any longer.

Republican Revolution part two - oh yeah.... that's when they try to convince everyone that they are the party of small-government, inclusion, and fiscal discipline - all the things that they failed miserably at when they had the power... So the key part of the revolution part 2 is to somehow inflict mass amnesia on the public, dating back to at least Jan 2001... You betcha!!!

And as far as Bush being vindicated, I am sure there will be over 1000 sewage treatment plants named in his honor nationwide before any historians are dumb or drunk enough to vindicate him for any of his policy blunders...

Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,438,219 times
I said, "If any of the afore mentioned occurs". Where have you been for the past sixty years? The Iraqis and Iranians drive nothing unless we allow them to do so. We are the one nation on the planet that can do what we please. Obama Transition Team spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter says, "We look forward to reviewing the final text of the agreement."

Political Punch

Please read what I actually wrote and not what you would prefer to give answer to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections