Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 02:20 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Spin, spin, spin....

And I'm hugging my ammo not a teddy bear...since I'm a libertarian not an anarchist.
You sound like an anarchist to me.

Sorry about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 02:20 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
"Those people"? Those twelve, maybe. Please go read "How to Lie with Statistics", ASAP.
Plus the 512 polled by Zogby, with the same results. Sorry you can't take the truth.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
How did Zogby obtain their sample of 512? Random sampling? What? How do they know these people really voted for Obama? Or is this something we are supposed to take on faith?

Old 11-18-2008, 02:26 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,000,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh - no wonder this was "news" yesterday. It was a very odd radio personality guy from California (currently) promoting his "forthcoming documentary" last night on Hannity and Colmes.

The film's page: How Obama Got Elected

The guy's blog: John Ziegler Online

Skeevily, when he's talking about his movies, he refers to himself in the third person.

The guy's long bio: John Ziegler Biography This bio is interesting for its detail and length and the misplacement of paragraphs (an "In his spare time" para is smack in the mdidle of his chronological resume) but especially for the many times he tells us about being fired from here and there, over the years. And if you're too mean for WIP in Philadelphia, I'd say you're too mean for this world.

Just seems like another hateful guy trying to make a living in the radio showbiz.

Ah, but look at this on Ziegler's own website. Atlantic Magazine Article
The Atlantic Magazine's 23 Page Cover Story on John Ziegler

In 2005, almost a year after spending two months shadowing John Ziegler, "acclaimed" writer David Foster Wallace penned a cover story on Ziegler and talk radio for the Atlantic.

On September 12th, 2008 Wallace was found dead by his wife. He hanged himself.
The implication being -?!!!!

Actually that Atlantic article is outstanding, an unbiased look at talk radio with Ziegler as the center. All on one page: Host - The Atlantic (April 2005)

In the Wallace article Ziegler is unnaturally open about his life, as he is in his bio linked above. He seems kind of disturbed - check out what he says about Tiger Woods (and OJ, and Mike Tyson) in the Atlantic article.

From his bio and the Atlantic piece, I think this guy is just another fringe "character" like Andy Martin or Jerome Corsi.

It's creepy in his bio and the Atlantic piece that nothing, none of his firings which he lovingly details both places, was ever his fault. Maybe he and his "How Obama Got Elected" documentary are poster children for this sick RW inability to accept responsibility for their own actions - SP is like that too. And the resentment he shows - to everyone, anyone! - with the page on his website dedicated to the three-year-old Atlantic article.

Weird....
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This is made by a very angry guy promoting his "documentary" called "How Obama Got Elected." It was talked about on Hannity and Colmes last night so it's news over here on CD.

The guy is John Ziegler -

John Ziegler Biography

Eye-opening piece on how talk radio works, with Ziegler as the "hook": Host - The Atlantic (April 2005)

Ziegler links to the three-year-old Atlantic article from his own website, at this odd page: Atlantic Magazine Article

Crazy, or just another desperate megalomaniac? You be the judge.
You are so foolish to discredit the info based on the messenger. It is now on Zogby international. Try that page it is all the same information.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Plus the 512 polled by Zogby, with the same results. Sorry you can't take the truth.
Look at them they are back pedaling and trying to discredit it. These people are blinded, foolish, and an addicting waste of time.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:34 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,974,480 times
It's a form of a push poll. Zogby is associating with scum.

Here's just one example.

"Which candidate said their policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket?

No candidate said that. Not even close.

Here's what Obama said about new coal plants being built.

So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted," Obama said

Nothing about bankrupting the industry, nothing about skyrocketing rates.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:35 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
You are so foolish to discredit the info based on the messenger. It is now on Zogby international. Try that page it is all the same information.
They can't stand it! That's what happens when you recruit any dimwit you can find to vote for your candidate. Anyone with some intelligence would already have thought about the issues and made their own decision about who to vote for. But the Dems look to the dimwitted who are ripe for the picking - homeless people, college kids who haven't ever even thought about politics. They didn't care if the person knew what/who they were voting for, as long as they voted Obama. And this is what we get.

This is EXACTLY why I was having a discussion before the election with normie, who said she saw nothing wrong with coercing college students to vote, while I was saying I have 3 kids of my own who are in college and I refuse to coerce them to vote, because I want them to vote when THEY understand the issues and know what it is they really believe and are able to make an informed choice. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY! But I guess the Dems don't care as long as it has a pulse and can choose their candidate on the ballot.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It's a form of a push poll. Zogby is associating with scum.

Here's just one example.

"Which candidate said their policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket?

No candidate said that. Not even close.

Here's what Obama said about new coal plants being built.
No he did. Get your facts straight. He also said the rates would rise drastically.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
They can't stand it! That's what happens when you recruit any dimwit you can find to vote for your candidate. Anyone with some intelligence would already have thought about the issues and made their own decision about who to vote for. But the Dems look to the dimwitted who are ripe for the picking - homeless people, college kids who haven't ever even thought about politics. They didn't care if the person knew what/who they were voting for, as long as they voted Obama. And this is what we get.

This is EXACTLY why I was having a discussion before the election with normie, who said she saw nothing wrong with coercing college students to vote, while I was saying I have 3 kids of my own who are in college and I refuse to coerce them to vote, because I want them to vote when THEY understand the issues and know what it is they really believe and are able to make an informed choice. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY! But I guess the Dems don't care as long as it has a pulse and can choose their candidate on the ballot.
This is exactly why we should have a basic test for one to vote. Why should an uninformed person void my vote.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:39 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,442 times
Quote:
You guys are funny. Last night when I posted a thread about it you said it wasn't a real poll, it was fake. Then you said look at the questions, a legitimate pollster wouldn't ask those questions, and it wasn't a real Zogby poll.

Now you find out it is indeed a real Zogby poll, with results that you don't like, so now you try to try to discredit it. It is absolutely hilarious how much this is upsetting all of you. Didn't you already know that people voting for Obama were clueless? You go and recruit people from homeless shelters and kids from college campuses and the like, anyone you can get to go to the polls and vote for Obama. Now when the truth comes out - that those people know NOTHING about the issues or the main players in this election - you can't handle it, because you like to claim that Republicans are "uneducated." Guess what? The uneducated of America elected Obama!!!
First off bright bulb - I was one of the ones saying "if". I was very careful not to call it false, I said I was leaning towards it because I have never seen such blatantly mendacious and poorly phrased questions from Zogby.

Guess what? I was RIGHT. They are from Ziegler. The righty version of Michael Moore. And it's really suspicious that Zogby released a disclaimer right up front. Also, Zogby, by saying those questions were fair, has just revealed that they are worthless and quite biased.

I can just imagine how you clowns would be shrieking if Pew did a poll like this about Republican voters. Especially if the questions were written by Moore.

And now you go back to ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections