Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,370,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
^
The simplest explanation is usually the most correct.

I think you're right. Stupid people allowed to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 04:58 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,471,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post

The stupid have been a solid Republican constituency since 2000.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/skoro52/bushwisdom3.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-18-2008, 05:01 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,370,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Come on you folks, give luzianne something to hang on to. Its not easy when you keep saying your candidate is going to win, and then lose in a landslide.
If she wants to believe her candidate lost because ppl are dumb, or got cheated, let her, its a good way to deal with the devastation of a huge lost.

I think its fruitless to try and discredit her. Its like telling a mom her child isn't smart like the other kids. Deep now she probably knows, but the only way to accept the fact is to believe the tests are unfair or the other kids cheated.

Do you want her to leave the forums devastated like smd1998 did and then wonder whether the dude did anything stupid.
I don't need anything to hold onto. And McCain didn't lose in a landslide, no matter how often you try to push that lie on people.

Obama did win because people are dumb, uninformed, uneducated, and didn't know even the basics regarding the election. Which is no surprise to me, because they were recruited by people who wanted Obama to be elected no matter what. They didn't care if their recruits understood what they were voting for. Basically the dumb people were bribed/used.

Obviously it is devastating to you that there is proof that Obama was elected by idjits seeing all the posts in this thread by people in denial. I like it.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:03 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,306,751 times
Quote:
I don't need anything to hold onto. And McCain didn't lose in a landslide, no matter how often you try to push that lie on people.

Obama did win because people are dumb, uninformed, uneducated, and didn't know even the basics regarding the election. Which is no surprise to me, because they were recruited by people who wanted Obama to be elected no matter what. They didn't care if their recruits understood what they were voting for. Basically the dumb people were bribed/used.

Obviously it is devastating to you that there is proof that Obama was elected by idjits seeing all the posts in this thread by people in denial. I like it.
Just stop with your insults and hatred. Just stop. You clearly have no idea how utterly ridiculous and hateful and ignorant you sound. I mean, seriously. For your own sake, if for no other reason.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:05 PM

998 posts, read 1,518,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
^
This is known as "analysis paralysis."

Let's apply Ockham's razor, shall we? The simplest explanation is usually the most correct.

How Obama got elected: it's all made possible by eight years of Bush/Cheney.

A president with a functional brain will be a welcome change.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:07 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,285,968 times
Quote:
Not at all. Marketing is the answer. Politicians sell themselves to the public. They make promises based on polls taken. Which ever politician hits closest and sells to those wins.
Think about it.
In Sanfran or some where Obama said Rual americans cling to guns and religion or something to that effect. A calculated risk. More people live in big cities than Rual america. Not to mention states with big cities carry many more electorial votes. Afterwards he did his best to explain what he meant. Some rual americans bought it but most didn't. Obama still won the cities.
People buy cars based on marketing. Few actually research the vehicle first. I know I have a brother in the car business. Most sales are people buying based on the looks, or brand loyalty. Loyalty not based on history but its the brand their parents bought. Cars get sold based on teaser ads.
0% down 0% interest. What a hook. To bad they fail to mention if you have a credit rating of 800 or above. By then they sat in it, drove it, fell in love with it and would rent out their spouse just to take it home that day.
Another factor is that Americans are notorious for short term memories and short term planning. Politicians capitalize on this weakness. Why else would so many encumbants be re elected with a 12 % approval rating?
Barrak sold a vision of himself sold an Idea. Reality has very little to do with how most people vote. They buy the line of BS and seldom look at past performance or history.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:12 PM

998 posts, read 1,518,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Just stop with your insults and hatred. Just stop. You clearly have no idea how utterly ridiculous and hateful and ignorant you sound. I mean, seriously. For your own sake, if for no other reason.
I am reminded of this neighbor girl I had when I was a young. We called her "Hen", because that's what she sounded like. Constantly with the "neener-neener", "I know you are, but what am I crap", even if she was on the losing end of something, and had been verbally spanked into oblivion.

Some people just don't know when to quit, when it only hurts their own image, and reveals a undesirable pathology.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:14 PM

722 posts, read 1,113,360 times
Quote:

Idjits have been voting for the past 100 years. Where have you been? The general public has always been stupid. But that has nothing to do with the quality of president: present, past and future. It's just how popular they can become during the campaign. Now we have to wait to see if the president can live up to expectations and do well with the job. But sitting here acting like you know the outcome in the next four years simply because your horse didn't win the race gives me serious doubts to your intelligence.

And I wonder, do you eat Uber-$itch cereal every morning?

Old 11-18-2008, 05:15 PM

16,086 posts, read 41,278,331 times
The media had something like 60% negative coverage on McCain and 29% on Obama. I've heard interviews where Obama voters didn't know who controlled congress and thought he was pro-life.

If Jesus Himself returned to earth and ran against Obama He would have lost.

I didn't vote for the man but now he is our president so I will shut up until he does something I disagree with after his term starts. I will give him credit for being an inspiring speaker, making history and being smarter than Bush (not hard to do).

Old 11-18-2008, 05:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,285,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
The media had something like 60% negative coverage on McCain and 29% on Obama. I've heard interviews where Obama voters didn't know who controlled congress and thought he was pro-life.

If Jesus Himself returned to earth and ran against Obama He would have lost.

I didn't vote for the man but now he is our president so I will shut up until he does something I disagree with after his term starts. I will give him credit for being an inspiring speaker, making history and being smarter than Bush (not hard to do).
Well said and a fair post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections