Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:06 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Thinking the same thing. How interesting would this book even be?
Don't think for a minute that either Joe or Sarah are writing these books. The celebrities who endorse products like running shoes don't make them either. However, most of the time the athletes are chosen because of their accomplishments.

Oddities sell in this country. I once blogged about William Hung and how a young man with no talent made over $1 million entertaining college students and even cutting a CD. Then you've got thousands of extremely talented singers and songwriters who have tried to make it for 20 years and just haven't gotten a break. Life isn't fair, is it?

Okay, now be honest. Who on this board will pay to read Joe's book?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 11:21 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Hasn't someone already written, My Pet Goat, or will this be the sequel?

Old 11-22-2008, 11:29 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Working "smarter"? Please explain. The end game is financial success? What an empty world you live in. Trust me, financial success does not in itself lead to happiness.

(Are you related to Joe, you seem almost in love with him from your repeated and passionate postings in his defense.)

Joe is a singularly uninformed citizen. Can he unplug a toilet better than I can? Probably. If he ever writes a book about how to fix my garbage disposal system when it is down hard I may be interested.

The fact people would line up to buy Joe the Plumber's book about his political insights just shows how completely off course the Republican Party has become. Cold hard Desperation is a sad thing to witness. Like watching a train wreck.
You can work for the wonderful feeling you get. I can think of better things (for myself) that I would rather be doing. It's amazing people look so down on trades people. You living in a house with a plumbing system, carpentry, electrical, HVAC?

The way it look to me is the people most willing to chime in on Joe are democrats and independents. Joe was an average person with a question and the left blew him up into some big time figure all the while claiming somehow McCain planted him and Obama happen to answer his question. JM had some serious power..

Old 11-22-2008, 11:29 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Well, one of those upcoming projects, as we first reported, was touted in the pages of today's New York Times. It seems that Wurzelbacher has secured a book deal with PearlGate Publishing. Is this for the book that he's been touting in advance of this deal on his website? Yes, apparently! (That website has a spiffy-new early 2000's redesign by the way, but buyer beware! The cost of a "Freedom Membership" has just gone up by a dollar!)

Joe The Plumber Secures Book Deal

Moderator cut: Racist Remark
Good for him, at least something good will come out of the election after all.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:31 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Hasn't someone already written, My Pet Goat, or will this be the sequel?
I think the title will be,

The Audacity of the Empty Promise of Hope/Change

Sounds like a winner to me, and yes it is a sequel.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:33 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Thy're cutting the Christmas window close - release date for FFTAD is December 1.
store

Become a member today and check back for great products and apparel coming soon!

$14.95

Joe The Plumber - Fighting for the American Dream

Pre-order now and receive a signed copy of Joe's book on his 2008 Election Experience and American Values!

ISBN: 9780976974024 | Trade Paperback | Release: 12/01/08
"Do you like your type set in two colors, a slight red glow behind the white? And the author's name set so large that it barely fits? "

Previewing the 'Joe the Plumber' Book Cover - mediabistro.com: UnBeige

Old 11-22-2008, 12:27 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
What a joke. This Neanderthal character is elevated to national prominence by being a political plant and the focus of the later stages of McCain's desperation. He looks like something out of one of those old Bela Lugosi movies, where Count Dracula roamed.

The title of his book should be "Igor Rises" or "Skinhead Neanderthals Do Matter."

Old 11-22-2008, 12:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
What a joke. This Neanderthal character is elevated to national prominence by being a political plant and the focus of the later stages of McCain's desperation. He looks like something out of one of those old Bela Lugosi movies, where Count Dracula roamed.

The title of his book should be "Igor Rises" or "Skinhead Neanderthals Do Matter."
How about hate filled forum members go a a racist jealous rampage?

Old 11-22-2008, 03:09 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Laugh all you want, people, Joe put $250 k in his pocket. How are you doing...!
He is famous and you aren't.... SORRY...

Old 11-22-2008, 03:38 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Laugh all you want, people, Joe put $250 k in his pocket. How are you doing...!
He is famous and you aren't.... SORRY...
lol, is this for true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections