Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 01:56 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No, they didn't. But nice spin.

Oh but they have. Obama's Birth Certificate Verified By State - Politics News Story - KITV Honolulu (http://www.kitv.com/politics/17860890/detail.html?rss=hon&psp=news - broken link)

Fukino said she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures," Fukino said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 01:56 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,303,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Ok- this has to be thread #999 started by Kootr beating the same subject to death.

I've argued, I've asked for proof of allegations and Kooter provides nothing other than more rants.

It's getting tiresome and I'm now adding Kootr to my ignore list.
Oh thank you! But something tells me you're lying - you won't put me on ignore... Let's see if you tell the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 02:04 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,303,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Oh but they have. Obama's Birth Certificate Verified By State - Politics News Story - KITV Honolulu (http://www.kitv.com/politics/17860890/detail.html?rss=hon&psp=news - broken link)

Fukino said she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures," Fukino said
Makes no difference where Obama was born. Obama is not a Natural Born Citizen due to his father not being a U.S. citizen, but a Kenyan (Brit).

Old 12-13-2008, 02:17 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Makes no difference where Obama was born. Obama is not a Natural Born Citizen due to his father not being a U.S. citizen, but a Kenyan (Brit).
And yet the baby born today in Texas to two illegal immigrants IS a natural born U.S. citizen. How do you explain that?

Old 12-13-2008, 02:19 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,348,325 times
Quote:
What aspect of the Supreme Court declining to hear that case did you fail to understand?

Old 12-13-2008, 02:22 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
If the President Elect is inelligible to serve as President he cannot be sworn in to office. He cannot be transitioned from President Elect to President. It would violate Article II Section 1 of the US Constitution.

Article II Section I states: "No person except a Natural Born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Since Obama is not a Natural Born Citizen, regardless of where he was born, he cannot serve as President.

You are truly misdirecting your energy. You really should get a flight/bus/train/donkey to D.C. and explain this to the SOTUS once and for all.
Please let us know how that works out.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:32 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You are truly misdirecting your energy. You really should get a flight/bus/train/donkey to D.C. and explain this to the SOTUS once and for all.
Please let us know how that works out.
Hmmm, you know what, since I love Biden, and Nancy Pelosi is also in line of succession, woweee, no matter how you slice it is good for me. However, we will happily watch the inauguration of BHO and be thrilled to watch a great American dream come true!

Old 12-13-2008, 02:40 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,866 times
You really had to go start another thread on this subject?

What's the matter, Kootr? The half a dozen other threads you've started to spread your lies, insinuations, and half truths not good enough?

Or maybe it's that when the other posters call you out to back up your statements with actual facts you start a new one as a distraction so you can peddle the same **** and hope no one notices?

Old 12-13-2008, 02:52 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
We have a right to know if Obama is eligible to be President!

YouTube - A Message to Our Electors
I know this has been at the top of your agenda for awhile now and it appears you will have your definitive answer on Monday. They will decide his eligibility and announce their decision.
Electoral College Meets to Begin Final Steps - WSJ.com

The voters cast their ballots on Nov. 4 and elected Barack Obama, but that doesn't mean the 2008 election is quite over.

The next step comes Monday when the 538 members of the Electoral College meet in their state capitals and in Washington, D.C. The constitutionally prescribed date -- the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December -- falls this year on Dec. 15.

After Monday's signing, the certificates will be mailed to Vice President Dick Cheney as president of the Senate; the National Archives; each state's secretary of state; and the chief judge of the nearest federal court, just in case all the others are lost. That leaves two more steps in the election cycle. Mr. Cheney will open the certificates before a joint session of Congress at 1 p.m. on Jan. 6, and Mr. Obama will be sworn in at noon on Jan. 20.

And then it will be over

You will then have your much sought after answer and will then have the peace and tranquility of knowing.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:01 PM
LML

I'm beginning to believe that the only way some people know they are alive is when they can get us to respond to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections