Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 04:07 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The US code, which has been posted many times, puts no parentage requirements on people born within the US. They are all considered natural-born citizens and are eligible to be POTUS. I reapeat, this has been posted many, many times. Do a search.
Why did the SCOTUS refer the case to the full court then? The case had to have merit AND at least four Justices were required to move it to the full court. Can you explain why the case was referred to the full court if you are correct? You can't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 04:12 PM

37,229 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Oh but they have. Obama's Birth Certificate Verified By State - Politics News Story - KITV Honolulu (http://www.kitv.com/politics/17860890/detail.html?rss=hon&psp=news - broken link)

Fukino said she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures," Fukino said
Don't confuse the issue with facts at this stage of the discussion, LML.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:16 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,079,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Why did the SCOTUS refer the case to the full court then? The case had to have merit AND at least four Justices were required to move it to the full court. Can you explain why the case was referred to the full court if you are correct? You can't!
What is the name of the case that you say will be heard by the full court? Do you ever have ANY SPECIFICS for your BS?

Old 12-13-2008, 04:37 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
What is the name of the case that you say will be heard by the full court? Do you ever have ANY SPECIFICS for your BS?
I already replied to you once before with the case information. Maybe you failed to see it. Here it is again:

Read 08A469 currently before the Supreme Court. It will provide your answers.

Cort Wrotnowski, Applicant
v.
Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut Secretary of State
Docketed:
Lower Ct: Supreme Court of Connecticut
Case Nos.: (SC 18264)

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nov 25 2008 Application (08A469) for stay and/or injunction, submitted to Justice Ginsburg.
Nov 26 2008 Application (08A469) denied by Justice Ginsburg.
Nov 29 2008 Application (08A469) refiled and submitted to Justice Scalia.
Dec 8 2008 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of December 12, 2008.
Dec 8 2008 Application (08A469) referred to the Court by Justice Scalia.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:44 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
I already replied to you once before with the case information. Maybe you failed to see it. Here it is again:

Read 08A469 currently before the Supreme Court. It will provide your answers.

Cort Wrotnowski, Applicant
v.
Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut Secretary of State
Docketed:
Lower Ct: Supreme Court of Connecticut
Case Nos.: (SC 18264)

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nov 25 2008 Application (08A469) for stay and/or injunction, submitted to Justice Ginsburg.
Nov 26 2008 Application (08A469) denied by Justice Ginsburg.
Nov 29 2008 Application (08A469) refiled and submitted to Justice Scalia.
Dec 8 2008 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of December 12, 2008.
Dec 8 2008 Application (08A469) referred to the Court by Justice Scalia.
Which was discussed yesterday, December 12,2008, and will be denied on Monday.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:53 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
Ok folks here is the deal. Please use the search feature because after doing a quick search, we now have well over 30 threads pertaining to Obama's eligibility to be President. These constant new threads about the same subject over and over and over and over, are taking up unnecessary space and making a search for similar information more difficult due to sheer volume of redundant threads all talking about the topic.

save this, print it out, stick it on a wall, pass it to friends and neighbors, groovy?

Old 12-13-2008, 04:56 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,351,425 times
Kootr's spam site has the right idea. They only allow one thread on this topic and remove all others.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:59 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Hey TNHT, Is there any way that every new thread on this subject could just be sent to the circular file with a note that there already are sufficient threads on this matter? Don't know if that is possible but it would save bandwidth and sanity.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:05 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
I have no idea, nor do I have a clue as to the workings of this wonderful gizmonic of ours. However, folks are welcome to report any news posts with a note to merge into an already existing thread if the subject content is the same.

We ran into the same thing with Palin threads, Rev. Wright, Ron Paul and a few others. If I catch it early enough, I'll just delete it with a note, but if people respond then it has probably become searchable by google and then I will merge it.

It really helps when members take an active role in participating and while I realize that it may not appear that every request or report gets answered, there is a lot that goes on that is not obvious on the forum.

Thanks.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:08 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Oh but they have. Obama's Birth Certificate Verified By State - Politics News Story - KITV Honolulu (http://www.kitv.com/politics/17860890/detail.html?rss=hon&psp=news - broken link)

Fukino said she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures," Fukino said
LOL They could have a record of birth for a foreigner. That statement is meaningless given the questions being asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections