Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:30 AM

6,104 posts, read 6,008,338 times

Advertisements

If Sarah Palin wants to be Senator she will have to beat Lisa Murkowski (R-Al} in 2010. As a Democrat this has all the makings of a cat fight. All this hissing and growling would be fun to watch and hair might fly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 05:12 AM

68 posts, read 81,720 times
The woman is a genius. Have you ever heard her talk? Such presence! Such confidence. And she comes across as such a regular kind of person, exactly what I want in a leader!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:16 AM

37,396 posts, read 19,340,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skootr View Post
The woman is a genius. Have you ever heard her talk? Such presence! Such confidence. And she comes across as such a regular kind of person, exactly what I want in a leader!
I think that says more about you than her, if it is true, which I doubt.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:52 PM

2,600 posts, read 8,540,735 times
Cuebald that poster is being sarcastic cause I think skooter would rather shoot her.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:07 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,311,559 times
Okay,
I have always voted Republican and one of the main reasons (though not the central reason) that I voted for Obama (the first time I have ever voted Democrat in my life) was because of McCain's selection of Palin. She was clearly not ready to be second in command, and was an obvious cynical political ploy to bring in the Religious Right-Wing nut-job base. Her defense of her foriegn policy expertise being based on the fact that on a clear day she could see Siberia from her front door was, to be frank, embarassingly stupid.

That being said, I do not believe she is a stupid woman. Maybe just uneducated and under-experienced. The fact that she got the state of Alaska to pay for her family to spend the night in HER OWN HOME tells me this is not a stupid woman and she knows how to manipulate the system for her own personal gain. This makes her the equal of at least every politician on the national scene already.

If the constituents of Alaska feel that she represents their best interest on the national stage, then they should elect her. That's the great American system. Whatever her political aspirations are beyond a Senate or Gorverner seat, that's for the American people to decide (US)!

I, personally would vote against her, but I respect the people who would vote for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections