Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:22 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I didn't ask you if you had a personal relationship with him, I asked you to name one thing he did to you and not America. I'll wait again for your answer.

I identify with my country so much I gave it three years of my life by choice.
Gee I don't know...

Maybe it's the $80,000 I lost in my 401K
Maybe it's my share of the ENORMOUS debt he's rung up for the country (and got NOTHING for).
Maybe it's devaluation of the dollar that's made pretty much everything I buy that's shipped in from overseas so much more expensive.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 10:24 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,734,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Gee I don't know...

Maybe it's my share of the ENORMOUS debt he's rung up for the country (and got NOTHING for).
Maybe it's devaluation of the dollar that's made pretty much everything I buy that's shipped in from overseas so much more expensive.

Ken
You have already hit the disbursement age for your 401K? That sucks, can understand why it would make you mad.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Yes, but one party has enough of a majority to overrule the other party without getting ANY support from the minority party.
No they don't.
What planet do you live on?
The GOP has set a record for filibusters - effectively preventing the Democrats from doing much of anything - not to mention the fact that they've controlled the White House for the last 8 years.

Ken

Old 01-13-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
You have already hit the disbursement age for your 401K?
No, but I seriously doubt there is any way I will recover the 10 years worth of gains that were wiped out in the 10 years (or less) I have left - especially considering the fact that the closer I get to retirement the more cautious I'm likely to be.

Ken

Old 01-13-2009, 10:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I didn't ask you if you had a personal relationship with him, I asked you to name one thing he did to you and not America. I'll wait again for your answer.
I see...

Sorry my answer was incomprehensible to you. I can't make it any clearer.

Quote:
I identify with my country so much I gave it three years of my life by choice.

Lots of us served active time in the military. But you don't feel any of the damage that Bush caused America is of any concern.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:34 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Gee I don't know...

Ken
I really don't think he had anything to do with your losses, Maybe you should have done what I did, move it. Haven't lost a penny here and still make money ever month, get my statement from Charles every thirty days.

I'm sure you support wal mart, I keep hearing how much they save Americans every year.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:35 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,696 times
Not Bush's fault

Old 01-13-2009, 10:36 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,584,906 times
Here have some Obama Oreos to cheer you up! They're Black on the outside and White on the inside, just like the president elect. Don't forget Obama plates too, they taste better on Obama plates. Plus there are special collector edition "Obama in the Sand" ones, where Obama carries Jesus for only $19.99!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:42 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I see...

Sorry my answer was incomprehensible to you. I can't make it any clearer.

Lots of us served active time in the military. But you don't feel any of the damage that Bush caused America is of any concern.
Look, it's a bad ass world we live in, has been for along time before Bush was elected President the first time.

But some of you think it's all because of him, well news flash, it isn't.

You do remember they tried to blow up one of the Twin Towers before Bush was President don't you? You have heard of of the USS Cole haven't you? I'm surprised you and others have not tried to blame those on Bush too.

First you need to understand I am not a Bush supporter and never voted for him, but it's stupid to blame him for everything.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:46 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
I voted for Obama and was really touched watching the night he was named to be the next president. It will be a night I will remember forever BUT I gotta admit the hype right now is outta control. Can he spend one week in the white house before we say he is the greatest thing ever. I thought the pre hype and media bias before the election was terrible....it keeps getting worse! I hope he does live up to all this hype but I don't think any human being could especially a politician which regardless of his race must sell his soul to be elected.
You do realize he promoted his own hype... if he fails to live up to his own created hype then it IS his fault... if you can't handle it don't say you "can" otherwise it just makes you look like a liar and as things are panning out... it is exactly that... he switched some of his positions already... hype + ideology = ignorance... oh well, Americans deserve EVERYTHING coming to them... they are the ones who elected him.. however, McCain is also a bad apple... Americans are just plain stupid...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections