Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 12:55 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times

Advertisements

No one is more elated to see Bush's presidency end than me. It has been 8 years of sheer torture for me.
Standing by and watching our country's domestic and foreign policies slowing going down the tubes. Feeling helpless and hopeless to say the least.
With Obama, I feel more than a glimmer of hope in all areas.
But
I have to say, bush's exit has been gracious and he does deserve credit for making this day an easy transition.
Now it is time to more forward and for all of us to put an end to unite by putting an end to bi partisanship.
United we stand.......Divided we fall.
Lets remember that and move ahead toward peace and harmony. Life is way to short not to at least try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 01:08 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,519,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Now that was an Oath of Office to remember, unless you are Barack Obama. Imagine interrupting your own Oath of Office and following it up with forgetting the lines. Then he just stares straight ahead like a deer in the headlights. It was hilarious. He screwed up his own Oath of Office and now will do the same for the future of America.
Actually Roberts did. You may want to check the constitution.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:20 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
No one is more elated to see Bush's presidency end than me. It has been 8 years of sheer torture for me.
Standing by and watching our country's domestic and foreign policies slowing going down the tubes. Feeling helpless and hopeless to say the least.
With Obama, I feel more than a glimmer of hope in all areas.
But
I have to say, bush's exit has been gracious and he does deserve credit for making this day an easy transition.
Now it is time to more forward and for all of us to put an end to unite by putting an end to bi partisanship.
United we stand.......Divided we fall.
Lets remember that and move ahead toward peace and harmony. Life is way to short not to at least try.
Very well said.

I wonder why Bush isn’t going back to Crawford Tx and moving to Dallas? Also Cheney isn’t heading back to Wy. he’s going to Virginia or N.C. I heard. Wy may just want to be left alone for a while without him and Crawford has the highway blocked that comes back into town. I do hope Dick’s back gets better he’s carried a lot of weight on those shoulders for eight years.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:26 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Very well said.

I wonder why Bush isn’t going back to Crawford Tx and moving to Dallas? Also Cheney isn’t heading back to Wy. he’s going to Virginia or N.C. I heard. Wy may just want to be left alone for a while without him and Crawford has the highway blocked that comes back into town. I do hope Dick’s back gets better he’s carried a lot of weight on those shoulders for eight years.
He's first headed to Andrews Air Force Base, in which to board a private military jet to take him to Crawford.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:35 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
Quote:
Very well said.

You try carrying Bush on your shoulders for 8 years and see how well your back does.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Default rush limbaugh vs colin powell twhaaat???

the anti washingtonians are talking

Old 01-20-2009, 01:46 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
I didn't get to watch it. I had to work so I can afford to share the wealth with my taxes next year.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:46 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times
Quote:
Very well said.

Do you know how he hurt his back? Moving boxes. I thought they had people do that for them? Unless it was something of secret nature.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I didn't get to watch it. I had to work so I can afford to share the wealth with my taxes next year.
I'm working too, and am sharing the "wealth", and not complaining...just like I have for the past 20 plus years. I'm not sure you've noticed this, but...psssssssst (gesturing toward GloryB) we've already been paying taxes, hon.

Yes, even during the GWB administration.

Since you're apparently in the >$250K/annually category, you may have less to cry about economically to begin with than those of us who DO have reason to cry about money...but don't. We just work and pay taxes...like always. Sans the whining.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:07 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Some thoughts of this afternoon:

Loved Michelles ensemble.....thought it was flattering, appropriate and most of all it was neither blue nor red!
Loved Obamas speech.....I hope that he is able to keep that tone throughout his presidency. I also liked his acknowledgement that not everyone in this country is a 'believer'.
Loved seeing the little girls on the podium.....and as much as I enjoyed seeing them, I hope for their sakes it will be a long time before we see them in public again.
Loved Aretha.
Loved YoYo Ma, and Isaac Stern.
Anyone know why Feinstein had to be helped down the stairs?
Even with the glow of this most historic inaugeration, I still cannot stand the sight of Pelosi and Reid. And their blue scarves. Purely speculation, but I do believe they think that they can run roughshod over Obama by using his inexperience (think a repeat of Cheney/Bush dynamics) against him....I really hope that they are in for a rude awakening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections