Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:21 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Conservatives like Peggy Noonan have helped me maintain faith in conservatism in America. Good to see that conservatives don't have to be the slow folks clogging the right lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 02:43 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Today's morning news programs include the usual Sunday columnist\ presidential speech writers. The positive regard for President-Elect Obama is being strongly articulated by Republican writers. Peggy Noonan appears to be in love with Obama & can barely repress outright adulation. Same can be said for Pat Buchanan & his sister, Babe, David Brooks, David Gergen, George Will, etc. These conservative writers are as excited about Obama as Democrats [and some can argue that these conservatives are in-fact Democrats, now]. The praise is quite remarkable & unprecedented.

BTW, the scorn for President Bush is also noteworthy. Noonan even stated that our nation hasn't had a president for a long as Bush has been in power & Buchanan calls Bush the worst modern day American president.
I wouldn't say making love, I'd say waking up.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:45 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, I understand what they're doing. The government is going all Dem. Let's face it -- Pelosi and Reid are revolting and lost causes. Pelosi has been mouthing off and trying to subjugate Obama. I'm GLAD the Republicans are getting behind Obama. Pelosi and Reid need to be marginalized for anything to get better and working with Obama is the way to do it. Obama's biggest threats seem to come from his own party.
Once again, we agree 100%. That is twice in one day! And we are pretty much at opposite ends of the political spectrum! See, Obama's message of unity is already working (Don't hit me!)

Old 01-18-2009, 03:23 PM

345 posts, read 1,015,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
They're not "waking up." They were ALWAYS on the same page. Just didn't want the public to know it. Play into the left/right paradigm. Same coin, different side.

MEET THE NEW BOSS. SAME AS THE OLD BOSS.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:10 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceivedinKY51 View Post
They're not "waking up." They were ALWAYS on the same page. Just didn't want the public to know it. Play into the left/right paradigm. Same coin, different side.

MEET THE NEW BOSS. SAME AS THE OLD BOSS.
MEET THE THE BOSS ... SPEAKS BETTER THAN THE OLD BOSS

Old 01-18-2009, 06:24 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
You got that right....I've lost count how many republicans have 'woken' up.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:39 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
The praise & strong admiration for Obama was in stark contrast to these conservative writer's disgust with President Bush. Looks like the real truth is coming out & many Republicans are publicly denouncing Bush & Cheney. But the real issue is that Obama is an intelligent man & these reasonable Republicans can't help feeling great that stupidity is being replaced with competence. Also, these writers trust President-Elect Obama whereas Bush has been a major embarrassment to intelligent Republicans.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:44 PM

273 posts, read 342,831 times
I am a democrat and an Obama supporter and donor. Politicians are first and foremost politicians. They do what they think is politically expedient. Similar to the democrats supporting Bush early in the Iraq war dibacle, republicans are doing what they perceive will help them in the next election.

That is the sad state of things.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:45 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Bush/Cheney no doubt have all their stuff outta the WH by now --- I LOVE IT....Just, what 36 hours left for beavis/butthead

Old 01-18-2009, 08:21 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Bush/Cheney no doubt have all their stuff outta the WH by now --- I LOVE IT....Just, what 36 hours left for beavis/butthead
What's happening is that Republicans are joining the rest of the country in condemning Bush & Cheney. It's like the voice of the entire nation & world is demanding that the most hated American president go away forever & never show up again. Now the rejoicing starts with the new president & a bright future for our nation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections