Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 03:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

I haven't been proud to be an American in seven years and it's a horrible, heartbreaking feeling. My husband and I have often discussed throughout this time how much we wished we could love our country again. We had always before that time felt honored and lucky to be Americans. We wanted that feeling back badly.

I'm beginning to feel proud of my nation again. I want to be able to belt out the National Anthem unembarrassed and feel again like I'm part of one of the greatest countries on earth.

I may be alone in this (not sure...haven't read all eight pages here), but I really like Michelle Obama. No, she isn't giggly, burbly, "you-betcha-ey" winkey-winkey but that doesn't mean she "looks like she hates white people" or any of the other bizarre things I read at the beginning of this thread. She's more on the serious side and less on the giggly bouffant-hairdo side, big deal. All people's personalities are different. To me she seems bright, funny when she wants to be and a good and supportive spouse to Obama. And I think she's beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 03:56 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
She has a chip on her shoulder, which I find off-putting. Of all the people in the world that has LOTS to be thankful for, she is one. But her comments, before the handlers put a ball gag in her, spoke volumes. Spoiled rotten, but thinking the world is out to get her. Ick.
Other than her wasn't 'proud to be an American' statement, do you have any links to other statements that indicate she 'has a chip on her shoulder'?

Old 01-23-2009, 04:03 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Seems like all of the focus on Michelle during the primary has worked out well for her.
Poll: Positive Feelings For Michelle Obama
A new CBS News/New York Times poll out Sunday finds that Americans feel largely positive towards incoming first lady Michelle Obama – more positive, in fact, than they have about past incoming first ladies.

Forty-six percent of those surveyed say they have a favorable opinion of Michelle Obama, while just seven percent say their opinion is not favorable. An additional 45 percent are undecided or do not have an opinion.

Compare that with first ladies past: Laura Bush had a 30 percent favorable rating when she entered the White House, while Hillary Clinton's favorable rating stood at 38 percent. Barbara Bush's favorable rating at the start of her husband's term was 34 percent, and Nancy Reagan's was 28 percent.
Gee, you mean the liberal media that swoons at every utterance from our Affirmative Action President's mouth, actually likes Michelle enough to say they have "positive feelings" toward her? Who could have predicted that?

If you actually believe liberal media polls, then you truly deserve the misery Obama is about to inflict on your life. Just another sad, pathetic case of kool-aid induced Obamamania.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Gee, you mean the liberal media that swoons at every utterance from our Affirmative Action President's mouth, actually likes Michelle enough to say they have "positive feelings" toward her? Who could have predicted that?

If you actually believe liberal media polls, then you truly deserve the misery Obama is about to inflict on your life. Just another sad, pathetic case of kool-aid induced Obamamania.
Your and my and our, President B.HUSSEIN Obama is going to exclude you from the misery he about to inflict on our lives. OOOoooo, aren't you special!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I haven't been proud to be an American in seven years and it's a horrible, heartbreaking feeling. My husband and I have often discussed throughout this time how much we wished we could love our country again. We had always before that time felt honored and lucky to be Americans. We wanted that feeling back badly.
You and Michelle have something in common then: The abject hatred of the American way of life. Well, the terrorist lovers and anti-Americans won the election, and I have no doubt this is what really make you proud.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
You and Michelle have something in common then: The abject hatred of the American way of life. Well, the terrorist lovers and anti-Americans won the election, and I have no doubt this is what really make you proud.
Cool! Maybe President B. HUSSEIN Obama will move the so called terrorists into our neighborhood when he releases them from Guatanemo. I think we're neighbors.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Exactly the opposite. For well over 30 years I loved the "American way of life". I loved everything about it until GWB destroyed my and many people's confidence in it.

It's what the Bush administration did to shred our country that I hate(d). I think since the vast majority of my life, I was thrilled and proud to be an American, it's pretty obvious that it's Dubyah and only Dubyah that caused the temporary change. Even during the difficult times, even through gas crises, wondering if the Cold War would ever officially end, during hard economic times, I loved my country and was so proud. Until Bush. No, not even. Until a fair bit after 9/11, because I gave Bush more than a fair shake in the beginning. He was my president, like it or not, and I was going to stand behind him...period.

There were wars/conflicts before Dubyah; like it or not I supported those too, because this was/is my nation, and I at least felt there was some logic to them.

It took a lot to make me feel ashamed, a lot to make me go against my every instinct to support my own president whether I voted for him or not...but as far as tearing apart someone's confidence, goes, GWB really was the man for the job.

Did you even read my post? Or is it just easier for you to believe that anyone who doesn't share your political views is a "terrorist lover"?

Old 01-23-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Exactly the opposite. For well over 30 years I loved the "American way of life". I loved everything about it until GWB destroyed my and many people's confidence in it.

It's what the Bush administration did to shred our country that I hate(d).
You mean that EVIL President Bush actually did something to stop Americans from being killed by terrorists? How DARE he try to make Americans safe from terrorist attacks. Terrorists are just misunderstood, right? It is their RIGHT to blow up or behead anyone who disagrees with them, and if a President tries interfere with that right then it is the President who is evil, not the terrorists.

Quote:
There were wars/conflicts before Dubyah; like it or not I supported those too, because this was/is my nation, and I at least felt there was some logic to them.

It took a lot to make me feel ashamed, a lot to make me go against my every instinct to support my own president whether I voted for him or not...but as far as tearing apart someone's confidence, goes, GWB really was the man for the job.

Did you even read my post?
I've heard this swill from anti-American terrorist sympathizers for years. Your garbage is nothing new. Shouldn't you be spitting at our troops returning from Iraq?

Old 01-23-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:

I've heard this swill from anti-American terrorist sympathizers for years. Your garbage is nothing new. Shouldn't you be spitting at our troops returning from Iraq?
No and no; and just as I suspected, no, you don't want to hear actual thoughts from actual people. You just want to maintain your narrow view of anyone who opposes your views as a "terrorist lover".

I hate terrorism. That's why I hated the nation under Dubya. A nation of fear. Dictates made based on frightening people. Actions taken and not to be questioned based on frightening people.

Spitting on our troops? I bless them and am horrified that any, ANY of those people had to die based on Dubya's incompetence on keeping terrorism OUT of the US in the FIRST place...other presidents before him seemed to have managed the task.

I don't hate our troops. I want them protected...and back home. I don't want them to lose their lives over some misdirected action that never found WMD, that didn't change anyone's mind in Iraq permanently, that never caught the bad guy.

But you won't listen to this, either...you'll just respond with "Oh yeah, maybe you want to sleep with a terrorist, blah blah" SWILL.

My dear. No matter how old you may be...you have a lot of growing up to do. I feel sorry for you.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
A nation of fear. Dictates made based on frightening people. Actions taken and not to be questioned based on frightening people.
Our first Affirmative Action President hasn't been in office for more than two days and already he is running on an agenda of fear. Dictates made based upon frightening the people: "We are in the greatest recession since the Great Depression". The ol' "buy into my stimulus package unconditionally, or we are all going to die" ploy Obama is spewing is exactly why you claimed you hate America.

So either you are a hypocrite, or you are a liar and just hate anyone who is a Republican. Because thus far, Obama's actions have been precisely what you claim Bush did that you hated so much.

Quote:
Spitting on our troops? I bless them and am horrified that any, ANY of those people had to die based on Dubya's incompetence on keeping terrorism OUT of the US in the FIRST place...other presidents before him seemed to have managed the task.
Yea, like Clinton. Oops, you forgot about the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993. You remember, don't you? It is the one where Clinton couldn't be bothered to do anything about, so even more Americans died in the 8 years that followed by 8 more unanswered terrorist attacks.

Quote:
I don't hate our troops. I want them protected...and back home. I don't want them to lose their lives over some misdirected action that never found WMD, that didn't change anyone's mind in Iraq permanently, that never caught the bad guy.
We've all heard that line of BS from liberal freaks before. Reid, Mutha, and Kerry professed about how much they support the troops, just before they spit in their face by calling the troops NAZI's, cold blooded murders, and terrorists. Even our first Affirmative Action President thinks US troops intentionally targets women and child, and said as much.

So you will excuse me if I don't buy your whole "I support the troops" utter nonsense.

Quote:
But you won't listen to this, either...you'll just respond with "Oh yeah, maybe you want to sleep with a terrorist, blah blah" SWILL.
How long have you had this sleeping with terrorists fantasy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections