Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:16 PM

500 posts, read 910,826 times

Advertisements

He admitted to a secret bunker that everyone knew existed. Big deal, well, unless you find the bodies that Cheney has stashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 05:39 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,894,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I know this is going to sound weird coming from a center right voter but I like Biden, but not his politics. He would be the kind of guy I would like to be my next door neighbor. I think he would be a great guy to BS with, down to earth. I think we could agree to disagree and shake hands at the end of it all. No pretense with Biden, he is what he is.
You've hit the nail on the head...He's a loveable old drunk, who can be the life of the party...
But the last thing we need in the WH, is a drunken old fool....

Old 05-17-2009, 08:12 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,546,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
I was always amazed this bloviating blowhard wasn't caricatured during the election. Dan Quayle reads a card whose information is wrong and we hear about it forever. Biden makes a gaffe-a-minute and we never hear about it. This guy is a circus clown. He's a caricature. SNL could have a field day with this assclown. But they don't touch him because he's a liberal.

He's also a racist. He's made openly racist remarks without a whimper from the LW media, while George Allen utters a nonsense word, apologizes for his non-offense profusely. Not good enough for the Washington Post which prattles on about the phantom offense for weeks, and costs Allen the election.
First off: WAHHH!

You've made a glaring omission from your description, and that is Biden made an honest reference, not an insult, to a racial group. Biden never directed any racial insult at someone like Allen did. He made an honest enough gaffe to not reveal any racist hatred like Allen let slip out. And what cost him the election is Webb was better.

SNL doesnt have a field day with Biden because, gaffe's aside, he's not a dottering old fool like McCain was or, even worse (but SUPERB for comedy and caricature) a Barbie doll bimbo who can see Russia from her front porch and "kinda knows" what a VP does.

Joe Biden, like his commentary or not, he is experienced and he;s good people.

Keep up the great work Joe.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:36 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,461,043 times
This administration is giving the terrorists everything they need to hit us hard!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:55 PM

9,438 posts, read 11,191,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Biden makes Obama look smart and Pelosi makes Biden look smart. At least Pelosi has Rachel Maddow to make her look smart. These people make Bush and Dan Quayle look cerebral.
Has ANYBODY checked the Whitehouse and Capitol pipes for lead?
A lot, I'm hoping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
At least there's something honest about Biden.
Honestly dumb as an empty box? Yes, that's honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Being honest about being dumb is not commendable.
Unfortunately he's not dumb, in the dictionary sense of the word.

He is stupid, though, in spades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
I was always amazed this bloviating blowhard wasn't caricatured during the election. Dan Quayle reads a card whose information is wrong and we hear about it forever. Biden makes a gaffe-a-minute and we never hear about it. This guy is a circus clown. He's a caricature. SNL could have a field day with this assclown. But they don't touch him because he's a liberal.

He's also a racist. He's made openly racist remarks without a whimper from the LW media, while George Allen utters a nonsense word, apologizes for his non-offense profusely. Not good enough for the Washington Post which prattles on about the phantom offense for weeks, and costs Allen the election.
Good comments about Joe the poltergeist.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:57 PM

9,438 posts, read 11,191,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You've hit the nail on the head...He's a loveable old drunk, who can be the life of the party...
But the last thing we need in the WH, is a drunken old fool....
I wish you'd quit talking about Kennedy, Polosi, Byrd, etc. in such a disparaging manner.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:00 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,528,989 times
He just gives more fodder for the late night talk show comedians.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 PM

185 posts, read 109,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Biden doesn't apologize for himself. Both he and Jill are gaffe machines, but I will tell you this ... when Biden leaves the office of VP ... we won't have to listen to him blather on and on about how wrong everything is. I mean for shizzle ... we've seen President Cheney MORE since he's left the oval office than since he was actually in office.
Yeah, that reminds me of Clinton touring the globe, criticizing Bush and America on the war. How many times have you seen Bush since the election? He could rightly be crucifying the Circus Clown for all his blunders. But ever the statesman and gentleman, Bush stays silent.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:35 PM

185 posts, read 109,054 times
Are you kidding? Biden as a next door neighbor? He's the classic know-it-all everybody hates. He's like Cliff on Cheers. Can you imagine finding yourself stuck next to this guy on a cross-country flight? Listening to all his self-serving idiotic baseless blather? It would be hari-kari time.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:42 PM

968 posts, read 1,040,435 times
Who cares if Biden "disclosed" that in 2002 Dick Cheney installed a safe room at the Vice President's residence? I'm mean, didn't we all assume there was one there anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections