Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:37 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times

Advertisements

Glad to see it's coming back up.
Geez, it was so terrible during all of the Bush years.
And.... the antics of Barney Franks and friends had NOTHING to do with the housing bubble and resulting collapse.
Now old Barney is wanting to do it again with his housing proposals.

NASDAQ Stock Market Charts - Free Stock Charts - Stock Comparison Charts (http://quotes.nasdaq.com/quote.dll?page=charting&mode=basics&intraday=off&t imeframe=5y&charttype=line&splits=on&earnings=off& movingaverage=None&lowerstudy=rsi&comparison=off&i ndex=&drilldown=off&symbol=CETV&selected=CETV - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 07:04 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Glad I sold all my stocks before idiot Tax and Spender in Chief got a his sticky fingers on my profits.

Wall Street could boom and the whiney butted libs would then want to tax the people who were smart enough to invest in the right thing and take it all away from them.

Hang on people, we are in for an Obama rough ride.

Make all the profits you want and a liberal expects you to hand it over to someone else. So what is the use of Wall Street again?

On one hand the libs hate anyone or anything that makes money and now they are jumping for joy because the market move a little.

Yuppeee, more money to steal from successful people and hand it to the bums we have to feed and house.
You can sit back and be a whiney arm chair quarterback all you want, but you have to admit, regardless of tax policy and structure, the economy is in the process of a stimulation.

(God I love force-feeding crow)

Old 07-31-2009, 07:17 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Glad to see it's coming back up.
Geez, it was so terrible during all of the Bush years.
And.... the antics of Barney Franks and friends had NOTHING to do with the housing bubble and resulting collapse.
Now old Barney is wanting to do it again with his housing proposals.

NASDAQ Stock Market Charts - Free Stock Charts - Stock Comparison Charts (http://quotes.nasdaq.com/quote.dll?page=charting&mode=basics&intraday=off&t imeframe=5y&charttype=line&splits=on&earnings=off& movingaverage=None&lowerstudy=rsi&comparison=off&i ndex=&drilldown=off&symbol=CETV&selected=CETV - broken link)
Thats a nice rebound.
Good job Obama.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:21 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
You can sit back and be a whiney arm chair quarterback all you want, but you have to admit, regardless of tax policy and structure, the economy is in the process of a stimulation.

(God I love force-feeding crow)
It is?

Where?

If anything the economy is getting worse and for you to use the stock market as a sign tells me you have no clue what the hell is going on.

People who need jobs, lost their homes, filed bankruptcy are not the people who have or would invest in the stock market.

Only people who do not need anything have the money to invest in it so there goes your idea of any stimulation.

We need jobs, not job cuts like Obama has done.

People are investing to recoup from losses is what is making this move, nothing Obama has done has sparked this at all.

When you are in the hole 6 million jobs and see this as the ONLY BRIGHT spot in 7 months I feel for you.

Talk when we do not have consecutive months of job losses, record foreclosures and bankruptcies, until then hang onto your one lonely bright spot in the sky.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Thats a nice rebound.
Good job Obama.

Oh so he gets credit for one little peep in the stock market.

Ok, so then he gets all the credit for the disaster he has caused as well.

I was hoping something would come along and you would give him credit for something so we can now blame him totally for this mess.

So in your words, good job Obama the stock market is rising.

And in my words, great job Obama for the massive job losses, record foreclosures, record bankruptcies, record homeless and record DEBT.

Bang up job Obama, bang up job.

6 million in the in jobs and empty houses all over the country and Obama gets the credit for it all.

Watch out everyone the economy is doing so great you can go out an borrow more money then you can afford to pay back like Obama has.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:53 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Question: if Obama has had such a disasterous impact on the economy then why is the best July for the stock market in decades. I'm not sure that the President can take all of the credit but he surely can take some of it. I'm not thrilled with the bailout but the plan may have worked to some degree. Let's give some credit where the credit is due.

I am making a killing in the Stock Market.

The thing is that the Economy is improving much faster then expected.
Good news almost everyday.

Fewer job losses, fewer unemployment filers, higher real estate value, more buyers of homes, rising oil prices (does not consumers, but the demand is there). GDP growth. Stimilus package is working.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The market improved in spite of Obama, not because of him...!
He UHC is tanking, and the market likes that, it will keep us out of BK..!
The bailout succeeded in NO WAY...!
Most of the money has not been used in the Stimilus. It is working though.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Glad I sold all my stocks before idiot Tax and Spender in Chief got a his sticky fingers on my profits.

Wall Street could boom and the whiney butted libs would then want to tax the people who were smart enough to invest in the right thing and take it all away from them.

Hang on people, we are in for an Obama rough ride.

Make all the profits you want and a liberal expects you to hand it over to someone else. So what is the use of Wall Street again?

On one hand the libs hate anyone or anything that makes money and now they are jumping for joy because the market move a little.

Yuppeee, more money to steal from successful people and hand it to the bums we have to feed and house.
Why would you sell it? You just missed out on the biggest buying opportunity ever. Dollar cost average.

YES WE CAN!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Oh so he gets credit for one little peep in the stock market.

Ok, so then he gets all the credit for the disaster he has caused as well.

I was hoping something would come along and you would give him credit for something so we can now blame him totally for this mess.

So in your words, good job Obama the stock market is rising.

And in my words, great job Obama for the massive job losses, record foreclosures, record bankruptcies, record homeless and record DEBT.

Bang up job Obama, bang up job.

6 million in the in jobs and empty houses all over the country and Obama gets the credit for it all.

Watch out everyone the economy is doing so great you can go out an borrow more money then you can afford to pay back like Obama has.
Those things will follow as well.

The financial situation has been stablized and many banks are doing quite well and have started paying back the money infused into them by the government. More will follow in the coming months.

Jobs losses are shrinking. There is still a huge backlog of folks without jobs of course, but you don't go from roughly 750,000 jobs losses in January (the peak of the job losses) down to having a gain in jobs overnight - that just takes time. Aside from June (which saw a bump due to specifics in the auto industry which will not repeat) EVERY SINGLE MONTH since January has seen less and less jobs lost so the trend has been in the right direction since Obama took office. THAT is a postive trend. All this has happened with only a fraction of the stimulus money hitting the streets - as more and more is released over the next few months job losses will ease even more and by early next year the loss of jobs should fall below the level of new jobs being created and unemployment begin to drop.

At the same time the Index of Leading Economic Indicators - those things that point out the direction the economy is heading (rather than where it currently is at) has been improving as well and now in positive territory for the first time in several years.

Housing prices have stablized and are actually UP in most parts of the country. At the same time the backlog of unsold homes has diminished.

The only thing really lacking for a full recovery is public confidence - and that will happen once the massive job losses stop. Once folks are more secure in their job, they will begin to spend a bit more and the economy will recover even faster.

This time next year things will look a whole lot better.

Ken

Old 07-31-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Why would you sell it? You just missed out on the biggest buying opportunity ever. Dollar cost average.

YES WE CAN!
Because I got out before everyone lost their ass not to long ago.

I made my money and know many who lost their entire life savings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections