Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:48 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,322,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I am making a killing in the Stock Market.

The thing is that the Economy is improving much faster then expected.
Good news almost everyday.

Fewer job losses, fewer unemployment filers, higher real estate value, more buyers of homes, rising oil prices (does not consumers, but the demand is there). GDP growth. Stimilus package is working.

Fewer job losses? Where are you living? An entire plant in my home down just went down losing 1000 jobs and 500 coal miners are ready to go soon also. A large company in Newark Ohio just announced another 1500 layoffs coming.

If cap and trade passes you will see massive layoffs coming.

Higher RE values? You are joking right?

You can buy a 400k home in Florida right now for 150k.

I do not know what you are reading but this economy is not moving in the direction you would like it to be.

Even my banker said they have more then 100 cars they repo'd last month alone to send to an auction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Because I got out before everyone lost their ass not to long ago.

I made my money and know many who lost their entire life savings.
Either they invested poorly or lost their nerve at the wrong time - pulling out at the bottom and missing the massive upswing that's happened since early March. Anyone who invested broadly and remained in the market has recovered a good portion of their investment - not all, mind you, but they should be up since Obama came in. As for me, I'm within 4,000 of my all-time high of a year and half ago - thanks to continuing to invest, and dropping out of the market on way down then getting back in just a couple days from markets' bottom. If the S&P 500 can gain another 50 points or so I'll be back up to my all-time high even EXCLUDING what I've put in over the last year and half.

So, I made my money and know many who are happy the market has made such a remarkable recovery over the last 5 months or so.

Ken

Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
Fewer job losses? Where are you living? An entire plant in my home down just went down losing 1000 jobs and 500 coal miners are ready to go soon also. A large company in Newark Ohio just announced another 1500 layoffs coming.

Yes, home prices are up across the country. You are behind the times.

Home Prices Rise Across U.S. - WSJ.com

They've been up for the last 3 months here in Seattle and now they are up nationwide.

Ken

Old 07-31-2009, 09:04 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Glad I sold all my stocks before idiot Tax and Spender in Chief got a his sticky fingers on my profits.

Quote:
Yuppeee, more money to steal from successful people and hand it to the bums we have to feed and house.
You sold your stock before the best month in decades....don't you have less money to steal than the liberal bums who are paying to feed the bums for you?

What's the complaint? Your strategy's working right? You won, you have less money for the Govt. to tax and steal.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:11 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,322,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You sold your stock before the best month in decades....don't you have less money to steal than the liberal bums who are paying to feed the bums for you?

What's the complaint? Your strategy's working right? You won, you have less money for the Govt. to tax and steal.
Did you forget how many people lost their butts a few months ago?

No I do not have less money, I have more.

Don't worry I have ways to keep liberals from stealing my money via over taxation and hand it to the bums who wont work or expect the successful people to feed and house them.

I retired at 40 with a nice nestegg from a business I sold so I must have done something right.

How's the RE market anyway?

And by the way the particular stock I sold I made money on and if I had kept it I would have lost tons. It was a smart move.

Do not get all tingly libs, the way Obama runs things it could crash tomorrow and you all will be back blaming Bush for it.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:

No I do not have less money, I have more.
uh huh...

Quote:
Don't worry I have ways to keep liberals from stealing my money via over taxation and hand it to the bums who wont work or expect the successful people to feed and house them.

Govt. is hiring nearly 800 new IRS agents to enforce tax code
The Associated Press
May 4, 2009
President Barack Obama vowed Monday to "detect and pursue" American tax evaders and go after their offshore tax shelters.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
No, I can tell you really care about them.....lol

Quote:
How's the RE market anyway?
lol....there's always a buyer and a seller, but in all fairness since you asked...
Welcome to the bottom: Housing begins slow rebound

Old 08-01-2009, 12:21 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,824,569 times
Quote:
Because I got out before everyone lost their ass not to long ago.

I made my money and know many who lost their entire life savings.
When you sold your stocks, did you make or lost money?
Historically market has returned over 11% so why sell? How long were you in the market?

You don't lose unless you sell it. I never sold it. I continued to invest and its paying off big time now.
The people who their live savings mis managed their money. If you are fairly, you don't need to worry about losses.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:

You can buy a 400k home in Florida right now for 150k.

I do not know what you are reading but this economy is not moving in the direction you would like it to be.

Even my banker said they have more then 100 cars they repo'd last month alone to send to an auction.
I am talking about overall job loses in the country. BLS report came out and it said fewer job losses then last month.

There is a raise in the RE market according to the housing report. I am talking about USA not just 1 state.

Also credit is flowing and banks are starting to loan.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Either they invested poorly or lost their nerve at the wrong time - pulling out at the bottom and missing the massive upswing that's happened since early March. Anyone who invested broadly and remained in the market has recovered a good portion of their investment - not all, mind you, but they should be up since Obama came in. As for me, I'm within 4,000 of my all-time high of a year and half ago - thanks to continuing to invest, and dropping out of the market on way down then getting back in just a couple days from markets' bottom. If the S&P 500 can gain another 50 points or so I'll be back up to my all-time high even EXCLUDING what I've put in over the last year and half.

So, I made my money and know many who are happy the market has made such a remarkable recovery over the last 5 months or so.

Ken
I agree. Its all about mismanagement or if you were stupid enough to invest with Madoff.

I really wanted the market to go down and it did based on my age. Now I am coming back up faster then the speed of light. Dollar cost average. All those months I was buying the shares really low. Why did you drop out? Did you lose money when you sold your funds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections