Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 09:15 PM

411 posts, read 468,525 times

Advertisements

I consider myself an independent, I have noticed that being a republican in this country is shameful, they tend to lack substance and intelligence, this wave of fanatical, almost psychotic and bizarre display in the townhall
meetings is just the latest in a series of shamefull behavior, ever since GWB came to power, things have gone to hell in the republican party, ms. palin appears to be the succesor to this non-sense and she will guarantee defeat in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 07:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
I am strongly suppoerting Ms. Palin as the Republican Presidential nominee in 2012 because she accurately represents this group of voters.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I consider myself an independent, I have noticed that being a republican in this country is shameful, they tend to lack substance and intelligence, this wave of fanatical, almost psychotic and bizarre display in the townhall
meetings is just the latest in a series of shamefull behavior, ever since GWB came to power, things have gone to hell in the republican party, ms. palin appears to be the succesor to this non-sense and she will guarantee defeat in 2012.
You name yourself after a violent street gang and we're exhibiting shameful behavior?

Old 08-24-2009, 10:03 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,432 times
Being Republican right now in this country is shameful as the typical Republican politician has turned away from true Conservative values and made himself into "liberal light". Liberals have made their mark over the years by promising more than they can deliver or just promising and promising in order to win votes, regardless if it is the best thing for the people or the country. To fight this, Republicans started down the same path and sold their souls rather than working for the people. It is a distinct reminder of the anecdote that has made its way around again where 2 kids run for office in school, one promises to work hard and to achieve where the other one promises free ice cream. Of course, the rabid kids vote for the free ice cream. A good analogy for politics today although it is rare to see a politician promising hard work and achievement in this day and age.

Shameful? The Left should feel shameful for it's parties actions of doing nothing in terms of representing the people, rather they are taking advantage of them and duping them at all turns.

Intellect? How many fools fall into lockstep with the Democrats and believe the garbage that they spew? Hardly any intellect there when you are duped by the current administration. I find more intellect in the people that work hard every day and are not tricked by false and empty government promises. I find more intellect in Conservatives who know that hard work and strong families are what make up a strong society.

I only pray that a very strong Conservative can wok for the people and make their way into office and defeat the current set of foolish politicians who are in office or working towards office.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:50 AM

393 posts, read 1,187,693 times
Quote:
being a republican in this country is shameful, they tend to lack substance and intelligence, this wave of fanatical, almost psychotic and bizarre display
Have you seen Obama supporters?

Old 08-24-2009, 10:50 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,013 times
Quote:
they tend to lack substance and intelligence
Just like Obaaama?

Quote:
this wave of fanatical, almost psychotic and bizarre display in the townhall
meetings is just the latest in a series of shamefull behavior
Sounds just like the left. Where were you when they compared Bush to Hitler and referred to Republicans as racist neo Nazis for the last 8 years?

baa baa baa Obaaama is calling you to follow him like a good little sheep following the leader off a cliff like Obaaama is doing to this country with all of his ignorant blind supporters like yourself.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:26 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am strongly suppoerting Ms. Palin as the Republican Presidential nominee in 2012 because she accurately represents this group of voters.
It is Mrs. Palin, not Ms. Palin, as she is married.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:38 PM

11,340 posts, read 16,695,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
No way!

Old 08-24-2009, 05:08 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Being Republican right now in this country is shameful as the typical Republican politician has turned away from true Conservative values and made himself into "liberal light". Liberals have made their mark over the years by promising more than they can deliver or just promising and promising in order to win votes, regardless if it is the best thing for the people or the country. To fight this, Republicans started down the same path and sold their souls rather than working for the people. It is a distinct reminder of the anecdote that has made its way around again where 2 kids run for office in school, one promises to work hard and to achieve where the other one promises free ice cream. Of course, the rabid kids vote for the free ice cream. A good analogy for politics today although it is rare to see a politician promising hard work and achievement in this day and age.

Shameful? The Left should feel shameful for it's parties actions of doing nothing in terms of representing the people, rather they are taking advantage of them and duping them at all turns.

Intellect? How many fools fall into lockstep with the Democrats and believe the garbage that they spew? Hardly any intellect there when you are duped by the current administration. I find more intellect in the people that work hard every day and are not tricked by false and empty government promises. I find more intellect in Conservatives who know that hard work and strong families are what make up a strong society.

I only pray that a very strong Conservative can wok for the people and make their way into office and defeat the current set of foolish politicians who are in office or working towards office.
first of all what kinda of democrats are you talking about
conservative, liberal, or moderate ones theres differences you know, oh wait all democrats are the same to a republican, republicans worship a man who wasnt even conservative wtf is wrong with you people

Old 08-24-2009, 08:05 PM

411 posts, read 468,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Just like Obaaama?

Sounds just like the left. Where were you when they compared Bush to Hitler and referred to Republicans as racist neo Nazis for the last 8 years?

baa baa baa Obaaama is calling you to follow him like a good little sheep following the leader off a cliff like Obaaama is doing to this country with all of his ignorant blind supporters like yourself.

we should be grateful that we finally have a competent person in the white house, and he will for sure be for the next 8 years, the republican crowd is shrinkig and I doubt that they will ever regain power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections