Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:57 PM

532 posts, read 1,232,844 times

Advertisements

Dems will sweep. Bush's judgement call will hurt GOP for long time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 01:24 PM

28,966 posts, read 30,320,598 times
As far as President goes I have a feeling if Guilliani doesnt win the primaries that it will be Democratic also but if Gulliani wins the primaries it will be up in the air who wins.

I agree, right now, to me, Guilliani is the only candidate out there that inspires me to vote...the others, to me, are not worth voting for.

I am an independent...I think they're all corrupt....but I've seen elections before take a swing in the complete opposite direction from what is presently existing.

I just don't know how some of these people get voted in, I really don't.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:29 PM

543 posts, read 1,228,953 times
I am thinking independantly, I like Ron Paul-so far!

Old 07-18-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoamit View Post
I totally think Dr. Ron Paul will win the election. His principles, beliefs, ideas, and message are from the heart of the original American experiment. Something most all of US believe in. He is an intelligent and passionate man of integrity. He awesome, and worth spending a few minutes on you tube to see what he's about.

People who know who he is tend to agree with his message (those who don't are mostly either partisan hacks or paid astroturfers who work for one of the other campaigns), he's the only Republican who is against the War (which makes him the only Republican who can win in November, as 70% of the country opposes the war and you can't win an election with 30%, unless you're Abe Lincoln), and he's also the only candidate talking about real issues, such as eliminating the IRS and Federal Reserve that are looting the Middle Class and the Poor for the benefit of the Wealthy. He's the only Congressman in history who has never voted to raise taxes, never voted against cutting taxes, never voted for a pay raise, won't take his pension, doesn't take junkets, votes against all gun control (which the vast majority of Americans now oppose, realizing that it leads to more crime as victims can't defend themselves), and is the Champion of the Constitution (he voted against the Patriot Act and the War on Iraq from the start, rather than flip-flopping for political reasons, ala Hillary Clinton).

The only negative anybody can throw at the Ron Paul campaign is that he isn't doing well in the polls, but history proves that the polls are irrelevant at this point. Ron Paul is actually polling higher than Jimmy Carter, Michael Dukakis, and Bill Clinton, and he is polling the same as John McCain (who almost beat Bush in 2000) was polling in 1999. 4 Years ago, the frontrunner in the Democrat polls was Joe Lieberman, now famous for almost being kicked out of Congress by his own party, which should tell you how laughable early polls are.

Ron Paul drew twice as many people to his rally the other week in Iowa as attended a Presidential Candidates Forum with everybody else next door. At the rate he's going, he's going to win big in the Ames Straw Poll and end up going into the Primaries as the frontrunner. Howard Dean and Ned Lamont previously ran Internet-driven campaigns, but both of them stood for very little and were merely supported because of who they were not, which was part of why they lost when it was for real. Ron Paul's positions are stronger than anybody else running for president, with the possible exceptions of Mike Gravel and Dennis Kucinich, neither of whom is going anywhere in the Democratic field as the Democratic nomination will be much tougher than the Republican (John McCain is pulling out, Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney have reputations as RINOs, and even Fred Thompson is slowly, but surely being exposed as a RINO by Republican fundraising guru Richard Viguere, while the rest of the 2nd tier Republicans other than Ron Paul are merely niche candidates and of course, Newt Gingrich isn't a serious candidate for president). Ron Paul's got a field of complete jokers to beat out for the nomination and then he's going to face a Democrat in Hillary Clinton who is unpopular even among Democrats. By comparison, Ron Paul's Jeffersonian ideas appeal to Democrats because the Democratic Party was founded on those ideas.

The stars are perfectly aligned for Ron Paul to be elected as our next president. Its just a matter of getting out the vote at this moment.
I thought Paul was an independant. Is he going with the independant ticket? Oh well, I still like him! He really is down to earth, like his views.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:52 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,242,469 times
Latest Gallup Poll shows Giuliani and Clinton maintaining leads:

USAT/Gallup Poll: Steady leads for Giuliani & Clinton - On Politics - USATODAY.com (http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/07/usatgallup-poll.html - broken link)

Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 PM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,176,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
I thought Paul was an independant. Is he going with the independant ticket? Oh well, I still like him! He really is down to earth, like his views.
He's seeking the Republican Party nomination, but he sounds like an independent because he's not toeing the party line like all the other candidates.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,668,426 times
Paul has been a Republican in the House for many years, and he's running for president as, basically, a Goldwater Republican. I would vote for the man in a heartbeat ... I just hope his message gets out to enough people to make a difference, especially given how the press ignores him and the GOP is trying to keep him out of future debates.

I guess you could say he's an independent in that he sure doesn't toe the party line. He's more of a libertarian, really. But boy, do we need him and his message.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
Giuliani/Thompson will beat Clinton/Somebody and Democrat voters will never see it coming because a biased media and dubious polling will lull them into believing victory is in the bag...again.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Giuliani/Thompson will beat Clinton/Somebody and Democrat voters will never see it coming because a biased media and dubious polling will lull them into believing victory is in the bag...again.
Not if the grassroots movement continues! Ron Paul has my vote! If the movement continues as strong as it did for the immigration bill, he has a great chance.
Maybe he should go with the independant ticket instead of the republican, he may have more of a chance. Just my opinion...

Old 07-19-2007, 02:27 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,841,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You got it Laura C...but I don't see Thompson settling for veep. Maybe Romney, but not Thompson. I think for the dems it'll be Clinton and Obama. Bush/Clinton Presidency Inc must be stopped.
There's something wrong when for the last 20 years you have two families in the W-H

Bush(41) 1989-1993
Clinton 1993-2001
Bush(43) 2001-2009
Clinton(44) 2009-???? no this must not happen. We are a republic, not a monarchy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections