Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:24 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,576,703 times

Advertisements

current House tally:
Dems : 253 seats
Repub: 177 seats so the GOP would have to win 76 seats in the House just to break even with the Dems and that is just not going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 05:45 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,194,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
current House tally:
Repub: 177 seats so the GOP would have to win 76 seats in the House just to break even with the Dems and that is just not going to happen.
I think you need to...oh never mind.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:07 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
While praying isn't going to do you any good it would be nice to get some balance in there. Let's see what happens.
Restoring a balance in Congress is very likely. I think the Indeps will see to that. Frankly a balanced Congress is preferential and normally the case. We are fortunate, that 2008 created such a large imbalance, otherwise, we would still be lamenting, no start in reform to the Health Care problems now, and for the foreseeable future. How significant the shift, we will see in Nov. A lot of that will depend on how effective the Dems are in getting out their voters. The Repubs will have little trouble getting their voters out, they pretty much always have to do that, since they are such a political minority in this country.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:28 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,949,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Check out this analysis by Nate ( a favorite of the Lefties, because he is a Leftie). Now, this is truly a scenario(s) with monumental devastation for the dems and obama.

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Generic Ballot Points Toward Possible 50+ Seat Loss for Democrats

Let us pray really, really hard that this is the case in nov. The dems and obama need to be taught a lesson, a really hard and devastating lesson, that being when you thwart the WILL of the American people by pushing through a radical agenda, that just might come back to bite you.
I am looking for a 80-100 seat gain in the house and 12 seat gain in the senate.

I don't think the current politburo or democrat party apparatchiks have any idea the level of anger people have right now.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:35 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
I hope the OP realizes that, as has happened every single time a referendum against a failed administration (Bush) sweeps the other party into all 3 branches, the next election is always a balancing election. It will be sold to you as "the people taking their country back" (even though that's what we did in 08), but in the end it's simply inevitable.

That is good. We need more balance. I hope the Republicans take the the House or Senate. I think it would make Obama an even better president than he already is.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:38 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,949,106 times
Quote:
current House tally:

Words escape me.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:54 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I am looking for a 80-100 seat gain in the house and 12 seat gain in the senate.

I don't think the current politburo or democrat party apparatchiks have any idea the level of anger people have right now.
And I don't think you realize that half the country still thinks he's doing a fine job. The anger exists mostly on the right, just as the anger against Bush existed mostly on the left - people who wouldn't have voted for them anyway.

No doubt there will be a balancing, but many are quite pleased with Obama's enhanced committment to fighting terrorism, his willingness to temporarily spend money to help stabilize the economy, to revamp education, cut nuclear weapons, and ensure health care for all.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:04 AM

10,036 posts, read 15,695,582 times
Quote:
current House tally:
Check your math...(and remember to subtract).

Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
current House tally:
A majority only requires 218, so the GOP needs only 41.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,322,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
If hussein obama and his criminal administration really believe they will lose control in November, they will do as much damage as possible as fast as possible.

Obama DOES NOT care about his party.

The selfish POS only cares about himself and his personal goals.

They are working night and day on screwing this country over.

What happened to working the the much needed JOBS issue?

The dems cannot see they have destroyed 9 million jobs in America in 14 months?

People wont forget that especially since they promised 5 million NEW jobs.

The lies and deceit will catch up with the dem-coms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections