Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:06 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,301,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LOL Internal polls showing that candidate is doing better than what the other polls say, ARE released. We saw this with Grayson in Kentucky.
^ this

Started website and robocalling in 24 hours time from Lawson poll. Not releasing internal polls to counter Lawson polls. First attack ad in over 10 years. Looks like Davie boy is a lil' worried!

Last edited by summers73; 10-24-2010 at 06:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 02:31 PM

2pm today was Lawson hour on the Rush Limbaugh show. Personally, I think the guy is a fat dumba** but the publicity is always good. Transcripts and/or video to come. Meanwhile, some more Lawson goodness.

Anti-establishment Tea Party could leave Obama a lame duck | Mail Online

Old 10-28-2010, 05:04 AM

Oh my!

Cook Point of View: Rep. David Price No Longer 'Safe' -- CARY, N.C., Oct. 27 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Old 10-28-2010, 08:07 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,402,787 times
Oh noes, despite being less then 1/2 the population more people have voted in Chapel Hill(not including Carrboro) then Cary!

Civitas Vote Tracker (http://www.carolinatransparency.com/absentee/ - broken link)

Last edited by Randomstudent; 10-28-2010 at 08:31 PM..

Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM

22,200 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Notice Cook's definition of likely.....

Likely: These seats are not considered competitive at this point but have the potential to become engaged.

Anyway as far as the others

CQ Politics- Safe
Larry Sabato Crystal Ball: Safe
Rotehnberg Political Report: Safe
The Hill : Safe

Old 10-29-2010, 11:14 AM

Question: is Morgan Freeman an Uncle Tom for narrating Lawson's latest ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFWxtUkHyXg

Old 10-30-2010, 04:02 PM

Oh well, at least Price believes in recycling (political ads)

David Price's New Ideas | Lawson for Congress

Old 10-31-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Question: is Morgan Freeman an Uncle Tom for narrating Lawson's latest ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFWxtUkHyXg
Now this I don't buy. I have lived in the district for years and years and Price has made more then ample effort to avail himself to people in the district. Just last month he had a question and answer session that I attended for no other reason then the fact it was very convenient. In my experience this ad is downright false as Price has been very accessible for as long as I have been politically aware (middle school).

On the other hand I have more then ample questions for Lawson, but have seen neither hide nor hair of him.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Now this I don't buy. I have lived in the district for years and years and Price has made more then ample effort to avail himself to people in the district. Just last month he had a question and answer session that I attended for no other reason then the fact it was very convenient. In my experience this ad is downright false as Price has been very accessible for as long as I have been politically aware (middle school).
"When I asked him a question at the debate, he [Price] turned his back on me and his people started yelling at me."

Price also immediately deletes his posts on facebook relating to any question relating to PAC contributions, while Lawson keeps Bill Clay's stupid Answer Coalition advertisements.

Others have a very different experience than you claim to have. But they're using their real names to post their grievances. Maybe I should believe the story coming from an anonymous handle "Randomstudent" instead?

Quote:
On the other hand I have more then ample questions for Lawson, but have seen neither hide nor hair of him.
Again, the opposite outcome that people using their real names have experienced.

BTW: are you one of those tin foil hatters who believes Lawson lied about the narrator being MF?

Last edited by summers73; 11-01-2010 at 06:06 AM..

Old 11-01-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
"When I asked him a question at the debate, he [Price] turned his back on me and his people started yelling at me."

Price also immediately deletes his posts on facebook relating to any question relating to PAC contributions, while Lawson keeps Bill Clay's stupid Answer Coalition advertisements.

Others have a very different experience than you claim to have. But they're using their real names to post their grievances. Maybe I should believe the story coming from an anonymous handle "Randomstudent" instead?

Again, the opposite outcome that people using their real names have experienced.

BTW: are you one of those tin foil hatters who believes Lawson lied about the narrator being MF?
I am what I am and I see what I see. If you don't buy it that really doesn't change anything. Also CD, issue research and voting is about all I do as far as politics is concerned, I tend not to seek candidates out so I really have no idea about all of the obscure debate references you are bringing up and have no opinion on them. I have Price's voting record and issue page and Lawson's and I really couldn't care less what ads people run the do not impact my vote in the slightest. All I am saying is that Price has on numerous occasions availed himself to venues that I have had the chance to attend without going out of my way and Lawson has not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections