Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 04:40 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I hope Halter does win - no way will Arkansas send a lefty like Halter to the Senate. He embraces obama's policies, whereas Arkansas voters detest obamacare, Cap&Tax, the bailouts.

I'll be rooting for him.
While I do think Boozman will win, Halter is running better against him than Lincoln is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,999,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I hope Halter does win - no way will Arkansas send a lefty like Halter to the Senate. He embraces obama's policies, whereas Arkansas voters detest obamacare, Cap&Tax, the bailouts.

I'll be rooting for him.
Halter currently opposes cap & trade and wasn't for TARP. In fact, he ran an ad bashing politicians for voting for TARP.

True Blue? TPM Asks Bill Halter: How Progressive Are You? | TPMDC

The Fix - Bill Halter hits Blanche Lincoln on TARP

Old 05-19-2010, 10:04 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,546,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Living here in the state, I don't think you are right, but we will know in a few weeks. I think she will squeeze out the victory..

Nita
In a conservative state like Arkansas, the notion that a liberal would stand a better chance than a centrist defies logic. So, lefty Dems in Arkansas are working to improve the GOP's chances of picking up that seat in November. I believe Rahm had a term for this -- retarted.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
In a conservative state like Arkansas, the notion that a liberal would stand a better chance than a centrist defies logic. So, lefty Dems in Arkansas are working to improve the GOP's chances of picking up that seat in November. I believe Rahm had a term for this -- retarted.
The problem with Lincoln is no one likes her. Not the left, not the right, not the middle. She flip flopped all over herself the past year she pissed everyone off. Halter will get the base out much stronger than Lincoln would, and despite being further left would probably do better than Lincoln with the middle, simply because no one likes her. With that being said its very unlikely he wins, but he probably gets a bit closer than Lincoln would.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:28 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,991,400 times
Ah the "brutal defeat" the OP speaks of.

Halter is now leading Lincoln by two points.....LOL

Old 05-20-2010, 05:47 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The problem with Lincoln is no one likes her. Not the left, not the right, not the middle. She flip flopped all over herself the past year she pissed everyone off. Halter will get the base out much stronger than Lincoln would, and despite being further left would probably do better than Lincoln with the middle, simply because no one likes her. With that being said its very unlikely he wins, but he probably gets a bit closer than Lincoln would.
Obviously, some like her, considering she did beat Halter.

Like I said, I'm rooting for him. I hope the Crazed Left is very successful in ousting her.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
what do you think I am wrong about and what does retarded have to do with anything? Are you aware of which party has be in control here for many years? I am talking at the national level?

NIta

Old 05-20-2010, 09:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Smash, you pretty much have hit the nail on the head. Both sides are on her case....and have been for the past year or so, at least. That is why Halter decided to get into the race.

Nita

Old 05-20-2010, 09:49 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,546,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what do you think I am wrong about and what does retarded have to do with anything? Are you aware of which party has be in control here for many years? I am talking at the national level?

NIta
I didn't say you were wrong about anything. I'm just merely pointing out that all the Halter supporters are doing are ensuring a Republican gets elected to that seat in November. True, Lincoln has her detractors on both sides, but a centrist stands a much better chance in an Arkansas general election. Beebe and Pryor aren't exactly lefty libs.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I didn't say you were wrong about anything. I'm just merely pointing out that all the Halter supporters are doing are ensuring a Republican gets elected to that seat in November. True, Lincoln has her detractors on both sides, but a centrist stands a much better chance in an Arkansas general election. Beebe and Pryor aren't exactly lefty libs.
Halter is Lt. Gov, a race he won by about 15 points so its not like he can't win statewide. With that being said I doubt he wins, but he has a better chance than Lincoln.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections