Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 11:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,988,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
The skin color of the artist means nothing to me as long as the music is good.
Exactly. I like Eminem, Pappoose, Run DMC, Public Enemy, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Beastie Boys, Flo Rida, Nas and a few others and it is not about skin color to me. I think it is fine as long as you are true to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 11:12 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,979,280 times
Ok, so when are we going to get some real posts here? Not to undermine the other posters but there is concern and blogs written about this very topic in many of the stated music cultures. So for you to provide surface deep responses is not helping this discussion at all. Or for you to think that these don't exist in the minds of current artists, then you are sadly mistaken.

But again, this is what the internet does, give people a platform for surface deep responses without and cultural depth. It DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK. It matters to those that are heavily into the industry. If you are not part of the industry, then you need to accept the ideas of those that are.

Read the comments on youtube. It doesn't matter what YOU THINK. The discussion is being had and for anyone to dismiss it only means you are to be fired from this panel of discussion and you are simply sticking your head in the sand.

Scarface talks Tupac, Kendrick Lamar, says Hip Hop is white now

Scarface talks Tupac, Kendrick Lamar, says Hip Hop is white now - YouTube

Old 12-02-2014, 11:13 AM

Ice-T: Lord Jamar Is Right, Hip Hop Is Black Music

Argue all you want, there is a way of thinking (whether you agree or not) it is what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv_fnd3_RX8

Old 12-02-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I think you do not know your history of music.

Go read the history behind electronic music, Leon Theremin et al. all Caucasians.

Race has very little to do with music, if I gave you samples of music and you liked them would you really question what race of people made the music? If you did, you might want to get some professional help for your racist views.

In my opinion, I do not think hip hop will be overrun by Caucasians. You might also want to check your facts on rap/hiphop producers, as most of the black rappers today purchase their beats from white producers.
I will have a go at you later but you can argue with the legends in the game. You can beat your head into the sand but now that I am in the building, we can go toe to toe. Nothing you say will change the minds of some of the legends in the hip hop game.

"black people created hip hop. Black people created something universal. But this is still some black ESS.H.I.T."

"same as he is a guest of the english language that originates from outside of the US"

Lord Jamar White Rappers Are Guests In Hip Hop - YouTube

Old 12-09-2014, 01:12 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,632,660 times
IceT talks about "respecting the culture" in that video. What culture is he talking about? The culture of Puff and Mase wearing shiny suits and making rap suitable for Mt. Dew commercials?

When the black artists made hip hop less about 'the culture' and made it 'all about the benjamins', when they deliberately watered down the culture in order to attract a much wider (whiter) fan base....

Idk, after 15 yrs of bubble gum bling-bling rap, after sampling the m*****f****** Annie soundtrack with "Hard knock life", a certain level of white-washing seems inevitable. It almost seems invited.

Scarface can blame "75 yr old record executives", some of the blame should go to Master P and Jay-Z.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts