Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,336,622 times

Advertisements

The oldest "Landed" Nudist Club in the Nation is in the Eugene Area. Nudity is not every where, but it is there to some degree all the time. The pot is everywhere, but I think the Washington law has just "Awoke a sleeping giant", and the Feds will now crack down on even medical use. Don't expect the Washington or Colorado laws to stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 12:44 PM

927 posts, read 1,947,855 times
I will have to echo the sentiments of many of the posters previous to me:

With average winter temperatures in the mid 40's at best accompanied by driving rain (west of the Cascades) or high 20's at best accompanied by gusty winds (east of them), nudity is the least of your worries. Even in high summer it generally isn't warm enough here to warrant it as a lifestyle.

Pot use varies from non-existant to occassional use no matter where you go. You can't get away from it; neither can you get away from alcohol use (and sometimes abuse) which is an issue you didn't mention and which is thought by some to be far more of a moral and health threat than pot.

No matter where you go from (supposedly) ultra conservative Baker City and Klammath Falls to not-nearly-as-liberal-as-its-reputation-implies Eugene and Ashland you will find some nudity and some pot use. Where you find it will also vary with the season and outside factors that may not be visibly related to such activities. Seriously, your best bet is pick your spot and take your chances - and honor your minor children by laying down your firm expectations that neither is acceptable in your household.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVWinters View Post
... ... Even in high summer it generally isn't warm enough here to warrant it as a lifestyle.

Pot use varies from non-existant to occasional use no matter where you go. ... ...

There are a lot of 90 plus days in Eugene. The summers are long and as stated the Oldest Nudist Club in the USA is there, there is a reason, and weather, even the mild winters, are the reason.

Your minimalist description of Pot use is way off. Pot use in Eugene, including in public, is heavy.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:07 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,300,641 times
I've lived in Oregon almost seven years and have never seen anyone smoking in public were it was inappropriate. The times I have seen it were mostly places like swimming holes on the river or sitting on a lake fishing. I think it depends on one's lifestyle as to how often you come across it.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM

Since it is illegal, that makes it inappropriate anywhere. We may run in different circles as I see illegal pot smoking on street corners and most parks in Eugene. Just drive bye the Apple Market.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eugenified View Post
Your question seems almost troll-like in it's ridiculousness, but I will do my best to answer you seriously:

Just about every single neighborhood in all of Eugene will meet your needs.

By the way, I am sitting naked at my keyboard, smoking pot while I type this response...
I agree. The OP is shilling and simply trying to get a response. It worked, but only because you were smart enough to goof on the stupidity....

Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM

94 posts, read 182,800 times
I'd rather live in an area that out of the people who do drugs smoke pot over other drugs like meth, etc. It's safer. Don't know what you're financial and employment situation is like. If you don't have a job offer in Eugene don't come, it's really hard to find work here. Portland would be a much better choice. People come to Eugene or stay in Eugene because of how much cheaper housing costs than up in Portland, but you have to have income coming in to pay for housing.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 PM

10 posts, read 13,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
I am looking for a place to move with my preteen and teen kids and LOVe the weather, trees and nature of the northwest. Eugene seems a little too "open" (not sure that the right word)
I'd like to find a neighborhood where families still go to soccer games together, parents still volunteer at the schools and pot smoking and nudity are not the best thing going . I want the arts/theater and shopping too though. I could be 30 minutes from major shopping like Costco, Home depot etc. I dont want to be thumped by Bible thumpers, but a little religion is ok.
Might Cottage Grove fit my bill?
Any neighborhoods in Eugene that might?

Thanks for any info.
I can understand your concerns. I don't know that you can find everything you want, but perhaps a broad 'search' for charter schools would turn up the kind of community/school involvement your looking for. Checking with local law enforcement couldn't hurt, and talk to lots of people (including teachers and relocation realtors) via blogs and in person about all your concerns. Good luck.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:50 AM

56 posts, read 124,193 times
NO, Eugene will not work for you if you cannot tolerate any cannabis use. Definitely not.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:33 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
I am looking for a place to move with my preteen and teen kids and LOVe the weather, trees and nature of the northwest. Eugene seems a little too "open" (not sure that the right word)
I'd like to find a neighborhood where families still go to soccer games together, parents still volunteer at the schools and pot smoking and nudity are not the best thing going . I want the arts/theater and shopping too though. I could be 30 minutes from major shopping like Costco, Home depot etc. I dont want to be thumped by Bible thumpers, but a little religion is ok.
Might Cottage Grove fit my bill?
Any neighborhoods in Eugene that might?

Thanks for any info.
LOL well I haven't live in Oregon for quite some time however, you do realize that Eugene is a College town and Animal House was filmed there and Cottage Grove and prior to that Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters roamed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area