Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 06:14 PM

4 posts, read 10,072 times

Advertisements

Looking for a 2 bed apts. That is under $850 with w/d or hook ups. I am not having much luck finding a good place. Does anyone have suggestions. Is springfield and option, what about cpttage grove. I have a daughter and we are also on an adoption waiting list so if possible needs to have be over 850 sq feet. Need advice on good areas and preschools? Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 06:51 PM

36 posts, read 96,839 times
I don't live in OR yet,I will be moving there next year. But I always go on craigslist to look at places for rent and the one's I've seen in Eugene were pretty cheap there....craigslist: eugene classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events You can add your pricing range. GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:47 AM

351 posts, read 1,283,220 times
Like Rhonda562 said....... Try Craigslist, I don't think you will have a problem finding a 2 bedroom apt in your price range

Old 08-02-2008, 12:37 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,044,034 times
There are lots of apartments here, being a college town, and many of which I am sure would fit your needs for that price or even less. We are renting a 2 bedroom in a very nice area of Eugene where the schools are excellent, crime is almost non-existent, and we're right on the bike trail and walking distance to everything we need (market, bank, post office, etc.). We are paying around $700/month for 1050 sq. ft. plus storage space. We also have a sweet little yard to garden in and we rent a garage as well. We love it... aside from the fact that there's no swimming pool and no air conditioning. It's saving us a bunch of money while we look for our first home to buy. We are a family and our kids are comfortable here, too.

We have moved around lots for my husbands job... from state to state... and I found this place by looking around on the apartmentratings.com website. You might want to check that website out if you haven't found it already. Don't put too much stock into all the negative reviews posted there, though, as many renters seem to use the place to vent unwarranted issues. I always sort of "read between the lines" when I'm browsing there. We are in the 97408 zip code. It's a good, safe, and fun area - especially with kids.

Good luck with everything!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:24 PM

9 posts, read 18,551 times
I used to live in some apartments in Eugene off of Chambers on the hill. I think they were called Prosepct Park. Not too sure. But they were pretty decent sized apts. The complex was pretty nice as well. The maintenance people were great. And on top of that, there are quite a few deer that come around. Even saw some wild turkeys at one point. I think the 2 bd were around $600-700. I know our 1 bd was only $500. A good place to look into. The only bad thing I can think of there is that when it gets icey in the winter, its hard to get up the hill somedays. But that only happened to us twice.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:33 AM

4 posts, read 10,072 times
I found a place in out price range thanks everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area