Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:26 AM

5 posts, read 16,470 times

Advertisements

I posted before, but it was on the other oregon board. My hubby and I need info on Drain Oregon, or that general area. Retirement has been forced on us at an early age, he's 48 Im 45, and both of us have recently become disabled. We would really like a very small town that we could maybe purchase an older MH. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 02:40 PM

480 posts, read 2,465,471 times
You sure can't get much smaller than Drain, Oregon . There are three mobile home parks with an address in Drain. Only one on the link below has a phone #, but Elk Creek's number I found elsewhere, and it is 541.836.7731. I would think that they would know of anything coming up in their parks for sale. You could also try advertising in Roseburg's News Review and the Cottage Grove Sentinal, which I think are the closest local papers.

Oregon MH Communities D-G

Old 08-25-2008, 04:51 PM

Default Thax Bendite!!!

Wow, this is just the info I was looking for. Thank you so much, Bendite!! I take it you live in bend. I am currently living n Namp Idaho. Was a small(ish) town 15 years ago, now, pretty large with all the pitfalls of a large city. We will be very glad to get outa town!!! I've been to Drain several times in the last 4 years, our church has its district camp grounds there. It is sooo beautiful there and the people are very nice. Thanx for your help. I really appreciate you going the extra mile for us!! Blessings to you and yours from me and mine.
Julie

Old 08-26-2008, 05:28 PM

480 posts, read 2,465,471 times
Glad I could help, Julie. Good luck to you and your husband on your move to Drain!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 6,684 times
Hi Praise_Jewel,
I am just curious how you picked Drain? There are quite a few nice little communities around, not to say Drain is bad or anything. I live in Mapleton and love the area. There are quite a few others as well. Have you been do Drain before?
Sheri

Old 09-02-2008, 10:36 AM

Wink Because

Hi Sheri2323,
Yes Ive been to Drain several times in the last 5 years. I am a member of the Pentecostal Church of God and our district campground is located just outside of Drain. I currently live in Nampa, Idaho, so it is quite a drive for me to go to camp meetings, but it is well worth the drive. Where is Mapleton? My husband and I are not desided on where exactly to relocate to. If you could give some more info on Mapleton I would be very grateful. I would like to be in the southern coastal area though. My oldest may be settling in the Venita, Eugene area and I just can't picture my life without her everyday visit. She getting married soon and grandchildren will follow next year or so. But if Mapleton is better suited for us, then by all means we'll go there. Thank you Sheri for your input.
Julie

Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 PM

15 posts, read 60,526 times
You could try Glide. It is 15-20 min. outside of Roseburg. Small, but has some resources. Right in the middle of beautiful scenery and all the waterfalls on the way to Diamond Lake and Crater Lake.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:52 AM

Default Sounds great

Thank you jdland. I'll look into that area also. I love waterfalls and mountain views. We were looking at Roseburg and surrounding areas and it all looked so beautiful. I hae an 18 year old daughter with autism that will need some special services, although she is high functioning. Where ever mama goes, so does she. Thanx again for your suggestion.
Julie

Old 09-16-2008, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,684 times
Hi Praise_Jewel,
Mapleton is located about 30 miles west of Veneta and 14 miles East of Florence. It is a very pretty, very small town on the Siuslaw River. Surrounded by forest, I love watching the fall colors. There is a little market, gas station, library, etc.
When things are needed you can't find in a small town you can go to Florence - Fred Meyer, Safeway, Hospital, etc. Also beautiful beaches! Hope this helps.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,241 times
Smile Info on Drain and North Douglas County, Oregon

This is a very nice area in Oregon. We have lived in Yoncalla, 5 miles SE of Drain for the past 25 years. We have enjoyed the small towns and found this area to be very centrally located. Yoncalla is 5 miles off of I-5, 20 miles to Cottage Grove to the North and Sutherlin to the South. Eugene is 40 miles north, Roseburg, 30 miles South. You are only about an hour east of the beautiful Oregon coast. We now have our home for sale as we have relocated to Central Oregon. Our home has been in the Applegate family since it was built in 1901 and has been lovingly maintained. The house is located in the heart of town, 3 blocks from the elementary/junior high school, 3 blocks from the high school, 2 blocks from churches, the store and the library. We are asking $185,000. We have a virtual tour on the house at [URL="http://www.madisonbeckley.com"]www.madisonbeckley.com[/URL] listing number: 8065321. Let me know if you have questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area