Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 11:49 AM

231 posts, read 778,665 times

Advertisements

Some quick clarifications on my two-day itinerary:

The Down To Earth outlet I was referring to is the one on Olive St. (532 Olive St.). I have never been to the one on Willamette, so I have nothing against it. But the one on Olive fits my walking-based tour better.

The short drive through the forest on the second day will take about 30 minutes, not counting any time you might spend to stop and check out the alpaca farm you will see along the way.

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 05:56 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,045,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eugenified View Post
Some quick clarifications on my two-day itinerary:

The Down To Earth outlet I was referring to is the one on Olive St. (532 Olive St.). I have never been to the one on Willamette, so I have nothing against it. But the one on Olive fits my walking-based tour better.

The short drive through the forest on the second day will take about 30 minutes, not counting any time you might spend to stop and check out the alpaca farm you will see along the way.

Enjoy!
The Olive Street one is cool, too. That's where we bought our Omega juicer. I feel like the Willamette one is a bit bigger and has more of a selection, so I guess that's why we mostly go to that one. But they are both fun places to have a look-see and shop around.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:00 AM

10 posts, read 25,744 times
There are many things to do in Eugene as the city is surrounded by many tourist places like Museums & attractions,Night life,Markets,Sports & other activities etc.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 PM

3 posts, read 16,716 times
Butterdog, Saturday Market, Down to Earth, such a cool store, Coconut Bliss, local company uses cocunut milk - very delish!! Cafe Yumm BORING and BLAND. Go to Three Forks Wok & Grill. Market of Choice on 29th & Willamette - you can spend hours there! Valley River Center and Gateway Shopping Center - not so much. same ole, same ole. 5th Street Market, never saw the appeal. Food is bland and boring there also. Ring of Fire, great Thai place! The best coffee cart, Nina's Pony Expresso. Turtles is overrated also. Sweet Life is a must!! It is just devine!

Old 04-18-2010, 01:49 AM

2 posts, read 26,169 times
Is the Dairy Queen still open? I was quite impressed by it when I was there 4 years ago.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:04 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,045,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaman View Post
Is the Dairy Queen still open? I was quite impressed by it when I was there 4 years ago.

There's a DQ on Coburg Road if that's the one you mean... near Sheldon High School.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:43 PM

10 posts, read 24,535 times
Like shopping malls...there is Valley River Center plenty places to shop and walk on a rainy day. Also a See's candy shop if you so desire some good chocolate. Yum! For an indoor swimming fun time try "Splash" at Springfield not too far away. A stroll and picnic in the Rose Garden on a pretty day is nice.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:27 PM

37 posts, read 109,837 times
Top 10 Things to Do in Eugene!
1. Panhandle
2. Steal bikes
3. Smoke pot
4. Party!
5. Drink
6. Make fun of Springfield
7. $1.50 movies
8. Drive to Portland
9. Drive to the coast
10. Talk to/become a hippie

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:38 PM

639 posts, read 1,598,858 times
you forgot:

11. hug a tree.

seriously though, if the world was coming to an end and I happened to be in Eugene I'd go to Smith family books, the Saturday market, and Sundance natural foods.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:21 AM

19 posts, read 58,281 times
In defense of West Eugene, I must say that the wetlands are a remarkable place to visit; they provide a valuable resource to discover wildlife and to educate your children. See the WREN website for activities and a map of the many accessible areas. We walk the paths often and enjoy the ever-changing wildflowers and grasses, the bird-watching opportunities, and the friendly greetings of like-minded folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area