Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 12:54 AM

599 posts, read 2,597,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Can you really tar us all with the same brush? I look Italian but I was born in Scotland. In Spain people take me as being Spanish as I blend right in in all aspects. (Being Mediterranean) but one side of my family are Italian so I do have it in my blood too - genetically speaking.

There is no typical looking Scot, Irish or Englishman. There are Chinese who were born in Scotland, Africans, Italians etc. It is such a diverse place.

Because In fact British/Irish people ( even vast majority of English included here) are not stereotypically germanic looking ( scandinavian, dutch, northern german sense) But they are mainly descended from pre-celtic/pre-germanic peoples, the so called ethnic native brythonic tribes of old european stock (stone-age hunter-gatherers in fact). Most of those angles, saxons, jutes, vikings, etc did more of a linguistical and cultural (although in lesser degree) influences over the Isles, rather than a genetical replacement of the old stock populations (whom even nowadays are by far the biggest component among brits/Irish peoples). So those invaders who always arrived as a minority, being clearly outnumbered always (opposed to the big majority of ethnic brythonic people who composed the bulge of population) made it to climb up the social ladder and became influential to be able to chance linguistical/and even some cultural patterns, but the bulk of the population logically have/had always remained Brythonic until today, thats why most scottish, welsh and even english lasses tend to be on the curvy, brunette (usually medium brown, sometimes even black/dark brown haired) and more on the shorter/stocky body-type, compared to german (more so from northern german regions), dutch and scandinavians, who tend to be clearly predominantly on the tall blonde side. In the real germanic world (where people actually descends maintly/fully from germanic tribes and not native brythons), elongated naturally blonde women with longer limps and sharper features are more the norm, and even those robust ones have more massive builds and germanic faces, not the curvy short brunette thing you see being predominatly all over the UK/Ireland (yes nearly every blonde 18+ I've met from those countries turned up being a bleached brunette), at least the case with the blond/blonde ones and not the browny/blondes (who arent true germanic type of blond).

In fact the beatles or the Oasis band members wouldnt stand out as much in countries like spain/italy compared to how would stand up like a sore thumb a regular groups of guys coming straight up from countries denmark/sweden/netherlands/northern germany, or even southern germans/austrians. Most brits have just average heights and brown hair/medium-hazel eyes being predominant (similar to most white americans exluding some groups from minnesota, north dakota, west michigan and Utah) , they dont seem like thor-look-alikes,

Last edited by Don_Caballero; 09-12-2012 at 01:06 AM..

Old 09-12-2012, 05:23 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,317,081 times
Met a British girl in Germany, 20 years old- Obviously too young for me, I am 35 but me, her and another guy my age hung out for 3 days in Frankfurt- coolest girl ever, funny, super pleasant, smart as hell, cutest accent- we had a blast- the age difference never seemed to bother her- We became good friends and she invited me to visit her in the UK- I could never imagine having the type of conversations we had with your typical 20 year old American girl-great experience!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:32 AM

684 posts, read 826,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Met a British girl in Germany, 20 years old- Obviously too young for me, I am 35 but me, her and another guy my age hung out for 3 days in Frankfurt- coolest girl ever, funny, super pleasant, smart as hell, cutest accent- we had a blast- the age difference never seemed to bother her- We became good friends and she invited me to visit her in the UK- I could never imagine having the type of conversations we had with your typical 20 year old American girl-great experience!
Yes. We who live in Britain are the hottest commodities in the dating world.

I suspect it's because we're descended from AWOL Roman soldiers and screaming naked barbarians who ate their own dead. We're the natural outgrowth of that.

That explains both British Sausages and Toad in the Hole perfectly.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:42 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,438,059 times
I love how for many men here the ideal woman is one who pays for everything and is ready to open her legs at their request. The funniest thing is how they try to spin it as spiritual enlightment or strong character when they're are actually being self-serving in praising those traits.

By the way, I'm a man.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
I love how for many men here the ideal woman is one who pays for everything and is ready to open her legs at their request. The funniest thing is how they try to spin it as spiritual enlightment or strong character when they're are actually being self-serving in praising those traits.
You have totally missed the point! Who the hell said anything about European women "paying for everything?" . I stated that in my experiences with German/Austrian women, they pay for their own crap which I think is perfect- their understanding of "equality" makes a lot more sense to me, than the typical American Feminazi who claims to be liberated yet, if a guy does not pay for everything on a first date- she thinks the guy is a loser.

As far as being "sexually liberated" which you have mistakenly associated with being "easy"- I think women who are sexually liberated are GREAT- if they want to have sex with you, they just do it- no games, no BS, no guilt- more power to them!

Many American women, it does not matter how grotesque and abominable they may be, seem to think that because they have a vagina- they are entitled to certain things or have the right to treat men and other women like crap.

This is the only country in the world where a fat, ugly woman is told by society that she in fact, a "big beautiful woman"- even worse, some of these women truly believe that there is nothing wrong with them and that they are entitled to above-average men

Anyways, I really dig European women

Old 09-12-2012, 07:20 PM

102,256 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:
You have totally missed the point! Who the hell said anything about European women "paying for everything?" .
You said "you don't have to pay for anything" when you date German/Austrian women. See your own quote, above. This implies that they pay for everything. Try to be consistent and say what you mean.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Some of the things I like about German/ Austrian women:

-You don't have to pay for anything when you go out- German/Austrian women take pride in paying for their own stuff and some even get offended if you offer to pay- I heard a German girl explain it to me and I thought it was so cool-she said "We believe we are equal-so we can pay for our own stuff- also, we want to show the guy that we are not using him for anything
American women prefer this, at least on the first few dates, too, to make sure the American guy isn't expecting to use them for anything.

Quote:
-Much more liberated sexually- It does not mean that German/Austrian women are sluts but sex to them is something natural- sex in Germany/Austria is something normal-A much healthier view of sex-Americans women tend to have a very weird relationship with sex- a mix of prudeness, guilt, repression and perversion
You've been picking the wrong American women.

Quote:
-Never heard a German/Austrian woman obsess over marriage like most American women do- or even use terms like "Prince Charming" or drool over a diamond ring-typical American BS that makes absolutely no freaking sense to me now- Most German/Austrian girls would be perfectly OK with being in a long-term relationship without being married, they are not obsessed with kids, and having a home in the suburbs-these ideas are all American made BS.
Not too many places in Austria have suburbs, lol! And where do you think Austrian and German babies come from?

Quote:
-No dating- There is no dating in Germany/Austria like the American concept of dating-where you take some "stranger" out-waste all this money and sometimes you never know if things went well or not- or have to hear idiotic crap like "Oh, you are a nice guy but there was no chemistry"- "no butterflies in my stomach"- Who came up with this stupid crap anyways? Usually men-women in these countries hang out as friends first, get to know each other and then decide to start a relationship if they feel comfortable.
That happens in the US, too. Why isn't your social network working for you?

Quote:
Intellectual curiosity- This is something that I love about German/Austrian girls- usually they have a strong desire to learn a different language- travel to different countries, and find out more about different cultures-much more aware of world affairs and most seem genuinely concerned about the environment and other countries in the world.

Most of my American ex-girlfriends spoke English only- did not know **** about other countries- never seemed to be too interested to travel to exotic places, except the typical touristy cookie cutter ****ty places everybody goes to- usually conversations revolved around very stupid, superficial topics like a TV show, a celebrity or some material thing they want to buy.
You're really picking the wrong women! All my women friends are multi-lingual, travel extensively, and are well-informed about other countries. Some are international human rights or environmental activists. Try volunteering for some non-profits; you might meet another class of people. Funny, few of my guy friends speak even one language well. The only people I've met who talk about TV shows are American guys.

Quote:
I would not ever waste my time with American women.
Clearly, you've failed at attracting the kind of women you claim you want to meet in the US. I wonder what you're doing wrong.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Clearly, you've failed at attracting the kind of women you claim you want to meet in the US. I wonder what you're doing wrong.
Your post is very defensive but I am talking about "average" European women vs "average" American women- I live in a midsized Midwestern town, about as average as it can get and the average woman in America is overweight, uneducated, religious, marriage-obssessed, does not have a passport, speaks one language and does not know much about the World- that is a fact.

I am sure if I go to work for UNICEF in Washington DC, I would find some more "enlightened" American people but these people you speak of are probably in the top 5% of the population.

I have been very frustrated with American women overall- I went to visit an American friend in Germany who is a bit of an exception- speaks French and German fluently-little better than average yet, still complains about the lack of AC after a few years living in Germany- seems unable to let go of her car, still does not like to walk, very disappointing!

Last edited by Repubocrat; 09-13-2012 at 02:26 AM..

Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 AM

5 posts, read 6,251 times
The OP comes off as a lonely loser too me.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Your post is very defensive but I am talking about "average" European women vs "average" American women- I live in a midsized Midwestern town, about as average as it can get and the average woman in America is overweight, uneducated, religious, marriage-obssessed, does not have a passport, speaks one language and does not know much about the World- that is a fact.
The Midwest! No wonder! Parts of the Midwest are known for overweight people in general, it's always been that way, it's part of the local culture or cuisine, though there always were plenty of people of a healthy weight there, too, but I haven't been there in a long time. You can't take the Midwest as representatave of all the US. Have you ever visited the West Coast? It's like a different planet. The only overweight women I've ever seen (that weren't in late middle age) are here in NM, where it's common among Hispanics. The local Anglo women are thin and fit, like their West Coast counterparts. I assume NYC and Boston are similar. Get out and acquaint yourself with the women of your own country. Your experience is so limited! The Midwest is also famous for "traditional" valued, meaning early marriage, religion, etc. etc. Really the West Coast is like another country. Women are much more educated as a percentage of the population, more cosmopolitan, many are internationally-minded. The average women in the Midwest is not the average woman in America, that is also a fact. The fact that you can't think of any humanitarian non-profits besides UNICEF says a lot about you and where you're from. The West Coast, and parts of the East, are healthy weight, educated, often delay marriage until later in life, many people have passports and USE them, are bi-or multi-lingual, and are not only knowledgeable of world affairs, but have lived in foreign countries, and travelled extensively. That, too, is a fact.

Another world awaits you in your own country. Check it out--you'll probably be glad you did.

Not defensive, just trying to broaden your horizons. You're going through life with blinders on. All you have to do is remove them, and your entire perspective will change radically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe