Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 PM

585 posts, read 1,089,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
...Have you been to NO since Katrina and the clean up and reconstruction? It's vastly improved, in my opinion.

I still wouldn't go to ANY low income areas in ANY city after dark, however.
Yes. I've been there a few times since Katrina. The whole state has improved dramatically since that time (IMO) - Getting rid of one or two politicians [and they didn't even have to put one in jail this time ] seems to have made room for more than a few 'improvements' but the last time I was there I was warned - in no uncertain terms - that although the tourist areas were fine, if I strayed outside those areas I was 'chancing my arm' a bit.

I had (non-tourist) reason to be in some of the 'less reputable' areas from time to time and I was well aware that getting out of my car and walking around would not be a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 05:27 AM

301 posts, read 329,739 times
I love the whole USA and would live anywhere besides, maybe, New Mexico. But if I could choose I'd pick one of the Great Lake states and my dream of all life is to live in Milwaukee, WI.
Most of the Russians I know are obsessed with Miami. I guess Hollywood done its work there. California, Florida and NYC - are places that would make an average Russian happy.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:33 AM

14 posts, read 17,668 times
St. Petersburg Florida. Absolutely amazing! most consecutive days of sunshine in history. so much awesomeness concentrated into such a small space. 50 Fascinating Things
but the most polite people i have met were in Nashville

Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,119,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1979x View Post
St. Petersburg Florida. Absolutely amazing! most consecutive days of sunshine in history. so much awesomeness concentrated into such a small space. 50 Fascinating Things
but the most polite people i have met were in Nashville
Nashville is a very friendly, pleasant city - glad you had good experiences there. I've never been to St Petersburg but you're making me curious!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 AM

14 posts, read 17,668 times
Go! i went to college there. wow. downtown on one coast. best beaches in the US on the other, Fort De Soto, the Pier, Gulfport art villiage, St. pete Clay company,
wow its the best

Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,403 times
Im from London for some reason i like Chicago the most. New York is cool but i may aswell be in London. Same sort of mindset of the people there. Chicago has a different more subtle vibe i cant put my finger on but i like it. It was Minus 5 degrees when i was there, i think i liked the atmosphere. I also find Detroit fascinating. I like the Midwest.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:55 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,490,794 times
I hear people mention San Fransisco and New York as their favorites

Old 03-24-2013, 11:29 AM

332 posts, read 433,912 times
FYI Europe is bigger than the US and about 30% bigger than the continental US. American's ideas of what constitutes Europe are almost always way off.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:23 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,536,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcolin View Post
FYI Europe is bigger than the US and about 30% bigger than the continental US. American's ideas of what constitutes Europe are almost always way off.
Goes both ways brah.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:30 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,587,094 times
I'd choose the American West and Southwest. No one's mentioned Colorado. It's one of the most beautiful states. Denver's not as cosmopolital as NYC, LA, SF or Miami, but you've got gorgeous mountains and lots of outdoor activities in the beautiful mountains. Some of the mountains in the southwest part of the state are reminiscent of European mountains.

Southern Arizona has wonderful winter weather, but it's hotter than blazes in summer. The northern half of the state, and the eastern mountains are perfect in summer. The whole state has breathtaking scenery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe