Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 03:24 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,548,538 times

Advertisements

Belgium - Loïc Nottet

Macedonia - Daniel Kajmakoski

Malta - Amber Bondin

Montenegro - Knez
Netherlands - Trijntje Oosterhuis

San Marino -- Michele Perniola and Anita Simoncini

is the Eurovision 2015 contestants so far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Putin invaded far fewer people than your motherland country, so stop whining here.

Viral meme says United States has 'invaded' 22 countries in the past 20 years | PolitiFact

This is what US did in Chile - a pretty impressive story of initiating coups and changing regimes - sounds familiar to the Russia-Ukraine story?

United States intervention in Chile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Speaking of military invasion and initiating coups, Russia is really nothing compared to the US.

Stop pretending Russia is such an evil force already.

bott:

if Russia isn't so bad, then why are those in Russia who are in the limelight in Russia who publically disagree with Putin end up having "accidental deaths"

or their carreers and lives ruined (the Russian media is more in the tank for Putin than the us media is in the tank for Obama)

btw: does the USA kill celebs who disagree with their government

and secondly, lets get back to the OT (i.e. the Eurovision contest) cause I don't want to talk politics on here, I want to talk about a music contest

Old 11-29-2014, 05:42 PM

221 posts, read 343,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
lets get back to the OT (i.e. the Eurovision contest) cause I don't want to talk politics on here, I want to talk about a music contest
The Eurovision Song contest is more about politics than music nowadays. It hasn't been a pure music contest since before televoting - like 20 years ago or so. The political aspect became more evident when the Eastern European countries joined.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:13 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,444,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Thanks for the info!

They are both really young!

I've just listen to their exhibitions for the junior Eurovision song contest... personally I didn't them so much. However I hope that they will sing a good song during the next contest, possibly a song in Italian (that after all is also their language). Also because lately here in Italy the music scene is quite depressing, I really doubt that we will find a good singer. In particular if they are going to choose him/her among our younger singers...

Old 11-30-2014, 09:38 AM

657 posts, read 803,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Putin invaded far fewer people than your motherland country, so stop whining here.

Viral meme says United States has 'invaded' 22 countries in the past 20 years | PolitiFact

This is what US did in Chile - a pretty impressive story of initiating coups and changing regimes - sounds familiar to the Russia-Ukraine story?

United States intervention in Chile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Speaking of military invasion and initiating coups, Russia is really nothing compared to the US.

Stop pretending Russia is such an evil force already.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:34 PM

217 posts, read 277,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
These memes are so awesome

I totally cracked when I first saw these lmfao.
That means i cried laughing, its all so true!

Old 11-30-2014, 05:36 PM

217 posts, read 277,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi wan spaghetti View Post
Eurovision is a joke.

The only country in Europe with a world class music industry is Britain.

The fact that so many continental Europeans take Eurovision so seriously shows how far behind they are in popular modern music.

Britain alone sells more albums and has more global stars than the rest of Europe COMBINED
I dont think so many people do actually. Not sure about eastern countries, but everyone ive met no matter what country they were from has always considered it the same joke as its considered here in Holland.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:18 AM

16,674 posts, read 17,444,965 times
I echo the many views about this ridiculous 'competition'.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
I echo the many views about this ridiculous 'competition'.
I kinda agree, but I am baffled why any country in Europe keeps supporting the contest

if so many folks in Europe hate Eurovision

maybe people need to be more vocal in Europe and voice their views on the ESC

Old 12-04-2014, 07:14 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,525 times
Yes please, somebody kill this sh1t.
That has been crap since as long as I've lived, because all the really good artists skip it as none of the want their names anywhere near associated with it.(with a few exceptions).

Even my mother who used to love the show and have watched it for decades is getting tired of what it has become
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe