Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,716,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
While I'm all for the great Tempranillo and Grenacha of Rioja, it sounds like you could use some of my suggestions on California wines .
No, I've had far too many CA wines in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 11:30 AM

493 posts, read 515,551 times
Also in terms of cost and time efficiency how is domestic air service within Spain on Iberia/Air Europa? The airports in Asturias and most in Galicia appear to have no low-cost carrier service to the capital, but only service on the two major Spanish airlines, and are not yet linked up to the AVE system.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:56 AM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,582,133 times
I would say La Rioja or Navarra, or even the southernmost part of Basque Country, because they are near the boundary between mediterranean and oceanic climate, so you will have the opportunity to visit these two different climates which both have a great nature scenery.
It is also mostly an industrialized region which is not so far away to the southwest of France.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:48 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,491,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
Also in terms of cost and time efficiency how is domestic air service within Spain on Iberia/Air Europa? The airports in Asturias and most in Galicia appear to have no low-cost carrier service to the capital, but only service on the two major Spanish airlines, and are not yet linked up to the AVE system.
The service is good in those airlines, although recently Iberia has lost quality, Air Europa is quite good and better than I expected. But yes, domestic flights are expensive and the AVE doesn't go there (quite expensive too)

Old 01-29-2014, 01:55 PM

How does Cantabria fare with my considerations? In researching Cantabria more it is looking like a good option as well.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:27 AM

55 posts, read 182,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
How does Cantabria fare with my considerations? In researching Cantabria more it is looking like a good option as well.
I assume you're doing the program through the Spanish government? If so, one thing you'll want to think about is the number of available placements. This map (go to page 10) is from last year, but it gives you an idea of your odds of being placed in each region. Cantabria does not have many positions, so most probably go to people who are renewing and people who applied right when it opened for the year. Also, I don't believe Castilla La Mancha is accepting Americans for the program anymore.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Lobster View Post
I assume you're doing the program through the Spanish government? If so, one thing you'll want to think about is the number of available placements. This map (go to page 10) is from last year, but it gives you an idea of your odds of being placed in each region. Cantabria does not have many positions, so most probably go to people who are renewing and people who applied right when it opened for the year. Also, I don't believe Castilla La Mancha is accepting Americans for the program anymore.
yes, I am. I'm surprised (but considering population not so much) to see how concentrated the placements are in just three regions (Madrid, Andalucia and Galicia)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe