Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 01:15 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Define "Slavic identity" first.
( Romanians are not Slavs, but you know that, right?)

He might be right after all, but I suspect that it has a lot to do with Catholic Church.
I didn't claim there is no Slavic identity, you did. Yes, I know, it was just an example. Romanians were just one ethnicity which didn't have full citizen rights.
Nobody but Russians or Serbians were ever interested in a pan-Slavic movement. The Czech were at first, but realised that in such a situation they would be nothing but puppets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 02:13 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Quote:
Yes he will.
Which leaves another good question - if Russia REALLY deserved this kind of a ruler, why it becomes than destructive for the rest of the world? Is it because the world then deserved it too?
For this reason Putin will be destroyed like Gaddafi or Hussein.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:33 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,384,800 times
Quote:

I have an impression of "other Slavs" that they lived in such proximity to Germans, ( if not to say UNDER Germans,) for so long, that they basically lost their "Slavic identity" because it was undesirable trait.
Well, it depends on how to (you or somebody else) define the "Slavic identity". Possibly that Russia loves to define it as Slavic identity=being under Russian influence. Obviously, Slavic is mostly a linguistical term, it is obvious that eg Czechs or Slovenes have long time lived under Germans and thus one can not wait or exept any intrinsic "pro- Russianity" from them. I don´t know but it seems for me that the word "pan-Slavism" (with political undertone) belongs more likely into the 19th century Nicholas I age.

Quote:
As for Belorussians - yes, it's just the variation of Russians, as much as Ukrainians of course.
Belorussians for sure yes, but as for Ukrainians I suppose there has been a difference between attitudes eg in Lvov or eg Donetsk (even if we are not talking about everything what has happened within last years).

Quote:
That's is if we are not talking about Poles. Poland is the whole different story.
I am not that well informed about them but -bigger than the others and thus quite self-confident? Looks like their nationalism has been roughly speaking evenly directed against (everything) "Western" (before Germans, now EU) and you throughout the history?

Old 11-19-2016, 02:34 PM

In any case, we have the total Supreme Father. why did you let yourself be manipulated like puppets?

Old 11-19-2016, 02:39 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I didn't claim there is no Slavic identity, you did. Yes, I know, it was just an example. Romanians were just one ethnicity which didn't have full citizen rights.
Nobody but Russians or Serbians were ever interested in a pan-Slavic movement. The Czech were at first, but realised that in such a situation they would be nothing but puppets.
OK, fair enough.
I'll look into it, Pan-Slavism including)))

Old 11-19-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
For this reason Putin will be destroyed like Gaddafi or Hussein.
He was supposed to be destroyed few days ago, when Hillary was supposed to become a president, remember?

Last edited by erasure; 11-19-2016 at 03:17 PM..

Old 11-19-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
He was supposed to be destroyed few days ago, when Hillary was supposed to become a president, remember?
The plan is completely different. CRB (Crazy Russian Bear) must starve, you know what I mean.

(c) http://www.gettyimages.fr

Last edited by Alec Solano; 11-19-2016 at 03:14 PM..

Old 11-19-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Well, it depends on how to (you or somebody else) define the "Slavic identity". Possibly that Russia loves to define it as Slavic identity=being under Russian influence.
Not in my book. That's totally independent issue from "Russian domination" question.

Quote:
Obviously, Slavic is mostly a linguistical term, it is obvious that eg Czechs or Slovenes have long time lived under Germans and thus one can not wait or exept any intrinsic "pro- Russianity" from them.
Yes, it became more linguistic term in nowadays, but that's not what it originally was, I'm sure. (It was not just "linguistic" definition.)

Quote:
I don´t know but it seems for me that the word "pan-Slavism" (with political undertone) belongs more likely into the 19th century Nicholas I age.
There is a big article on it in the Wiki, it looks pretty good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-Slavism

Quote:
Belorussians for sure yes, but as for Ukrainians I suppose there has been a difference between attitudes eg in Lvov or eg Donetsk (even if we are not talking about everything what has happened within last years).
See, interestingly enough the difference between Lemberg ( aka Lvov) and the rest of Ukraine goes yet again back into history, not just post-WWII times.
When I was reading the history of Russia, ( starting from Kievan Rus,) I realized with time that this particular part of former Kievan Rus ( that was staunchly Orthodox) has been chomped off by the Catholic church, and hence their fate became quiet different from that point on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdo...%80%93Volhynia

Quote:
I am not that well informed about them but -bigger than the others and thus quite self-confident? Looks like their nationalism has been roughly speaking evenly directed against (everything) "Western" (before Germans, now EU) and you throughout the history?
If I look at Poland from historic perspective, and keeping in mind that once it was on the verge of claiming Russian throne during the "Times of Troubles" I picture Poland as initial rival of Russia, BUT with a lot demands and pretenses, yet incapable of fulfilling the historic mission, that only Russians could fulfill.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
The plan is completely different. CRB (Crazy Russian Bear) must starve, you know what I mean.

(c) Banque d'images, photos libres de droits et les toutes dernières photos d'actualités internationales | Getty Images
I see. Since Putin is not going to go Qaddafi's way ( oh lost hope! ) the ever-optimistic Ukrainians are keeping their fingers crossed for the Plan B. - THE STARVING RUSSIAN BEAR)))
Yeah right)))
Truth to be told, because of American wrongdoings towards Russia in the nineties, the pendulum swung the other way now.
You need to remember that Russia is a country of duality.
The one who is claiming that he destroys Russia as the "evil empire" and the source of all evil on this Earth, indeed is attempting to destroy something utterly valuable ALONG with the evil.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:53 PM

Russian balalayka-style dance music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2loG9rbofc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe