Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2018, 05:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Well Teresa May the British PM believes the Kremlin was behind the chemical attack on a former intelligence Russian officer and his daughter. Russia poses a significant security risk to the UK, and it not the first time former Russian intelligence offers have been attacked.
I'm not worried, it's a good thing. You can't trust Brits. Did anyone even adress the point that he may have been worth more on a slab than alive? He's certainly serving a purpose now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 05:29 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I'm not worried, it's a good thing. You can't trust Brits. Did anyone even adress the point that he may have been worth more on a slab than alive? He's certainly serving a purpose now.
Why can't you trust Brits?

Old 03-13-2018, 05:35 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Quote:
Russia is a mafia state, that suppresses dissidents and a fake democracy. Plus the government uses fake polls which put their president far more popular than any political leader in my country ever has, or even more popular than any modern day US president has ever been.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:54 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
It depends on many different things. Ukraines 250k man army on paper is just that. An army on paper. If it does happen 3 weeks and Russian army along side Ukrainians of all descriptions on the Dneipre river and points west. I'll bet my left butt cheek on it.
Thankfully it won't happen. Russian generals are very well aware of the fight they would have on their hands, regardless of the international response. Armies take a while to mobilize so they certainly couldn't invade without prior notification. I agree they would reach the Dnieper within 3 weeks if they mobilized quick and launched before Ukraine was ready. It would look like the Panther Wotan line again, except the home team is on the right bank this time.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Thankfully it won't happen. Russian generals are very well aware of the fight they would have on their hands, regardless of the international response. Armies take a while to mobilize so they certainly couldn't invade without prior notification. I agree they would reach the Dnieper within 3 weeks if they mobilized quick and launched before Ukraine was ready. It would look like the Panther Wotan line again, except the home team is on the right bank this time.
It would also be the best solution to this problem aside from an east and west Ukraine. I really believe the people of the west deserve their own country like they used to have. I also believe ALL parties should respect them unlike in the past.

I gather the Russian assets are on high alert from Moscow to Rostov. 24 hours and there's 50k soldiers over the Ukrainian border. Russians were schooled well by the Wehrmacht and they know how to fight a land war. I can't find much on Russias airmobile assets but they're formidable.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:49 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Ukraine's army is also well schooled on how to find a land war. A defensive one at that. 50k? They need a million. Airmobile would need to penetrate an air defense that has been re positioned and ready. This includes not only hundreds of SA-13s and 9's but Buk M1s and S-300. You can't get airborne troops far if their plane is shot down. This doesn't even consider the fighter aircraft. Russia has always had trouble gaining air superiority in hostile territory when they are opposed. They can't do it, it would be a historic disaster.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:03 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Yes, it makes sense for the largest gas producer in the world to fight in conflicts to capture more gas on the opposite side of the world.
If you look at the pipeline routes, they bypass Russia to feed into NATO Europe.

People with sufficient brain capacity look ahead more than the present. Also consider the source of the current increase in gas output and how quickly and sharply that is likely to reverse when it peaks. It is not only the acquisition of gas reserves and pipeline routes but the denial of the same to Russia-China-Iran.

One of the energy advisors to the Bush administration before the wars in Middle East was a peak oil theory proponent. We got the invasion in Iraq, complete overhaul of environmental regulations to allow fracking, and various revolutions in Central Asia within five years.

Last edited by lchoro; 03-13-2018 at 10:30 PM..

Old 03-14-2018, 12:17 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Well Teresa May the British PM believes the Kremlin was behind the chemical attack on a former intelligence Russian officer and his daughter. Russia poses a significant security risk to the UK, and it not the first time former Russian intelligence offers have been attacked.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:00 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Ukraine is more than capable of defending itself. Armiya Rossii would not be willing to die in high enough numbers to capture foreign land
Main question is what to consider "foreign". Poland is foreign. Baltic is foreign. Kharkiv, Donetsk, Odessa, Kiev... oh, this is very controversial.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:08 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Russia is a mafia state, that suppresses dissidents and a fake democracy. Plus the government uses fake polls which put their president far more popular than any political leader in my country ever has, or even more popular than any modern day US president has ever been.
But ... it's not a fake.

And nobody believes Brits, of course.
+
Great Britain was a great Empire and perfectly able to conduct propaganda. Also Great Britain is an important player in geopolitics. They will say what is beneficial to them. Russian language have an old good expression about this. Англичанка гадит (Englishwoman c***ping).

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 03-14-2018 at 01:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe