Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2018, 12:54 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Darling erasure, I often lose you when you go off on ideological tangents, but in practical terms you are spot on here, I agree: the US needs an ornery, slightly nasty, and definitely competitive Russia to preserve its own good, like looking in a mirror, somewhat distorted, yes, but still necessary for self-improvement.

Most people can't fathom that, but that doesn't make it any less a rule of nature.

Bless you!
Russia is not competitive at all with the USA. Our economy grows by the size of Russia every few years. Since 2008, Russia's economy has grown minus 15%, or - 300 million a year less. USA's has grown 5 trillion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 01:04 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post

I am sure that Russian lands will return to Russia. Ukraine and Belarus will tire of playing independence and return to Russia again. Russians, Ukrainians and Belorussians are single nation in generally. But if Russia will start to collect land by force, this will lead to a problems. Lands should want to return, as the Crimea wanted. If half residents don't want, then this will lead to problems.
Ukraine is never going to join with Russia after Putin attacked it. This is as likely as Poland or Lithuania joining Russia. There is nothing attractive to its average citizens of joining in a mafia type of state without rule of law, seeing as they lived like that for the past 27 years. The only difference is Russia has more natural resources to sell abroad so there is more state money to feed the corruption and maintain living standards but most people want better than that. They want a European standard of living. Crimea is Russian and I'd say even the Donbas can be Russian but the rest of the country has no desire at all, none. The only way Ukraine joins Russia is if its citizens don't have a say in the matter, and someone has to do something about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axgk...re=youtu.be&a=

Old 03-13-2018, 01:49 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Especially for those who are stuck in the depths of the 90s of the last century.

https://youtu.be/nsmwGIUsLoM

Old 03-13-2018, 01:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I am sure that Russian lands will return to Russia. Ukraine and Belarus will tire of playing independence and return to Russia again. Russians, Ukrainians and Belorussians are single nation in generally. But if Russia will start to collect land by force, this will lead to a problems. Lands should want to return, as the Crimea wanted. If half residents don't want, then this will lead to problems.
I think you are forgetting one thing Max. The lenghts that the western powers will go in order to prevent this. Fascism that we are seeing in the Ukraine today is nothing new. You know of the Croats and Serbs and their conflict and of the Hungarians and Germans who supported the Croatians and played such a big part in the destruction of Yugoslavia and the resulting brutality.
Fascism is alive and well throughout parts of Eastern Europe. We see in Ukraine simply a smaller scale Yugoslavia for a bigger prize. You don't have to wonder why those militias in Ukaine are allowed to even exist there. It's obvious to those who know the history.
Ukraine will never come back to Russia without a fight. As Erasure said, the west is going to fight Russia to the last Ukrainian. There will be civil war or open conflict with Russia and Russia taking Ukraine by force of arms and occupation before this happens.
I suspect Belarus is next. I also suspect Russia will not make the mistake it has with Ukraine either. I also know that the elites in the west care nothing for the people and that perhaps in my lifetime conflict there is once again inevitable.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:13 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Ukraine is never going to join with Russia
Never say never.

https://youtu.be/CXb_h0oBVWw

Old 03-13-2018, 02:15 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Often referred to as the New Great Game.

A study by the US Army’s Command and General Staff College Press of the Combined Arms Center at Fort Leavenworth reveals that US strategy toward Russia has been heavily motivated by the goal of dominating Central Asian oil and gas resources, and associated pipeline routes.

https://www.alternet.org/world/ameri...-oil-pipelines

Old 03-13-2018, 04:55 PM
DKM

Ukraine is more than capable of defending itself. Armiya Rossii would not be willing to die in high enough numbers to capture foreign land

Old 03-13-2018, 04:58 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Often referred to as the New Great Game.

A study by the US Army’s Command and General Staff College Press of the Combined Arms Center at Fort Leavenworth reveals that US strategy toward Russia has been heavily motivated by the goal of dominating Central Asian oil and gas resources, and associated pipeline routes.

https://www.alternet.org/world/ameri...-oil-pipelines
Yes, it makes sense for the largest gas producer in the world to fight in conflicts to capture more gas on the opposite side of the world.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:12 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times
Well Teresa May the British PM believes the Kremlin was behind the chemical attack on a former intelligence Russian officer and his daughter. Russia poses a significant security risk to the UK, and it not the first time former Russian intelligence offers have been attacked.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:19 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Ukraine is more than capable of defending itself. Armiya Rossii would not be willing to die in high enough numbers to capture foreign land
It depends on many different things. Ukraines 250k man army on paper is just that. An army on paper. If it does happen 3 weeks and Russian army along side Ukrainians of all descriptions on the Dneipre river and points west. I'll bet my left butt cheek on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe