Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 01:34 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

Oil is a much bigger crisis facing Russia right now than the virus. I don't think the magnitude of the problem is settling in yet. This is a historical drop in demand coincided with an increase in production. The market has been pricing that Russia will call a truce but if they don't, whoever owns oil storage capacity is going to very busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 01:40 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Oil is a much bigger crisis facing Russia right now than the virus. I don't think the magnitude of the problem is settling in yet. This is a historical drop in demand coincided with an increase in production. The market has been pricing that Russia will call a truce but if they don't, whoever owns oil storage capacity is going to very busy.

THIS for some strange reason or the other does not worry me.
What I see is going on in the US in terms of markets/disruptions and the rest, is of a much bigger concern. ( Fracking is going to be buried now too I assume? Yet another hit to economy.)

Old 03-17-2020, 01:42 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Limonov died. He was an interesting granddad. RIP.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Oil is least of the problems. The virus will stop economy much stronger due to quarantine measures.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
p.s. That poster above is confusing situation in russia with ukraine.
He/she perfectly described what's going on in ukraine now.
+100500

Old 03-17-2020, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
There are several dozen coronaviruses. We get sick humans coronoviruses without problems. Current is SARS-CoV-2. It came to us from animals in 2019, so it only learns not to kill people.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:03 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,409,173 times
Quote:
Who told you so?
Russia is much, much closer to China in respect of forcible quarantines and the message about the danger of coronavirus sent every five minutes on the news. (They do give updates on the infected and what areas/regions they reside in too by the way.)
I live here/there, that is how I know. Not a soul in sight has a care in the world about this, the media is forced to down play all of it, people are not suppose to be talking about it.

Quote:
Oil is not at all an issue right now, Russia called it correctly to start this war, and they have the finances to do it. Saudi Arabia is in much worse shape for a prolonged oil war, and US private sector unless the gov bails them out, cannot go to war at all.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:12 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I live here/there, that is how I know. Not a soul in sight has a care in the world about this, the media is forced to down play all of it, people are not suppose to be talking about it.

That's all I see they are talking on "60 minutes" (AND on the news) lately on Russia 1 channel. ( I am paying attention now, since DKM mentioned it.)

You do not have access to this channel, or what's going on?

Quote:
Oil is not at all an issue right now, Russia called it correctly to start this war, and they have the finances to do it. Saudi Arabia is in much worse shape for a prolonged oil war, and US private sector unless the gov bails them out, cannot go to war at all.
Why "they?"

Why are you referring to Russians as "they," if you ( supposedly) live there, may I ask?

Old 03-17-2020, 02:29 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,409,173 times
Quote:
That's all I see they are talking on "60 minutes" (AND on the news) lately on Russia 1 channel. ( I am paying attention now, since DKM mentioned it.)

You do not have access to this channel, or what's going on?
They are only talking about others, and only talking about Russia as in everything is fine, or that the gov has everything under control and there are no issues.

Quote:
Why "they?"

Why are you referring to Russians as "they," if you ( supposedly) live there, may I ask?
While I am living there, I am a US citizen also, but from a former USSR Republic, though ethnically Russian. I am not a Russian citizen, so still refer to them as "they" out of habit.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Limonov died. He was an interesting granddad. RIP.
+ I think that the motto of Limonov’s life could be this song written by his friend Yegor Letov. The whole era ended with Limonov.

https://youtu.be/Vd7EjvDHwQw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe