Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 02:36 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
They are only talking about others, and only talking about Russia as in everything is fine, or that the gov has everything under control and there are no issues.
Gov has everything under control, don't worry.

https://i.ibb.co/wg2Pj05/photo-2020-03-17-23-35-24.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 02:38 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
They are only talking about others, and only talking about Russia as in everything is fine, or that the gov has everything under control and there are no issues.

"Others" who?

I posted their latest show, what "others" are you talking about?

It's all about situation in Russia regarding CV, or you don't understand Russian?

Old 03-17-2020, 02:44 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"Others" who?

I posted their latest show, what "others" are you talking about?

It's all about situation in Russia regarding CV, or you don't understand Russian?
Russian is my native language, I understand it well.

They are glossing over things.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Russian is my native language, I understand it well.

They are glossing over things.

OK, then start talking - "glossing" in what sense?
There are more cases that are officially known?
Sick people are not admitted to hospitals?

Hospitals are full of people with CV, that officials don't count?
Situation in Moscow "is different comparably to the rest of the country"?
( Are you even in Moscow? - good question.)

Please DO talk. By all means.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:57 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,086 times
Quote:
OK, then start talking - "glossing" in what sense?
There are more cases that are officially known?
Sick people are not admitted to hospitals?

Hospitals are full of people with CV, that officials don't count?
Situation in Moscow "is different comparably to the rest of the country"?
( Are you even in Moscow? - good question.)

Please DO talk. By all means.
Only now, yesterday actually, did they finally start saying some truths and taking some real actions. Before that, it was head in the sand, deny, deny, deny.

They are not testing, they are refusing to test many people, even worse, many people are refusing to even consider getting a test because they have been brainwashed that Russia is not effected by this. Only now, yesterday, is reality setting in for some, only in Moscow though.

I am not in Moscow, in St. Petersburg.

Hospitals are not full of people with CV, their own official numbers do not support this. The deaths are higher than reported as well, which is zero, because they refuse to investigate any death even if had symptoms.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:13 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Only now, yesterday actually, did they finally start saying some truths and taking some real actions. Before that, it was head in the sand, deny, deny, deny.

They are not testing, they are refusing to test many people, even worse, many people are refusing to even consider getting a test because they have been brainwashed that Russia is not effected by this. Only now, yesterday, is reality setting in for some, only in Moscow though.

Hospitals are not full of people with CV, their own official numbers do not support this. The deaths are higher than reported as well, which is zero, because they refuse to investigate any death even if had symptoms.
k350, 20,000 patients in Italy caused the collapse of their health care system, hospitals are crowded, thousands of dead, doctors work in 3 shifts and are forced to sort people, leaving many to die without mechanical ventilation. Please stop writing nonsense about hushing up a number of patients in Russia. An epidemic cannot be hidden in the 21st century.

Old 03-17-2020, 05:37 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
THIS for some strange reason or the other does not worry me.
What I see is going on in the US in terms of markets/disruptions and the rest, is of a much bigger concern. ( Fracking is going to be buried now too I assume? Yet another hit to economy.)
On balance we import so our economy won't be hit by lower oil prices. Global production will fall and this will hurt our service providers though. That is a hit mostly because we have the largest oil services market in the world. That's going to happen regardless of Putin's stubbornness though.

Quote:
Oil is not at all an issue right now, Russia called it correctly to start this war, and they have the finances to do it. Saudi Arabia is in much worse shape for a prolonged oil war, and US private sector unless the gov bails them out, cannot go to war at all.
You need to realign your thoughts about oil with your above mentioned note about propaganda and realize Russia is playing chicken here. Russia is not financially equipped to pump more oil in the face of dramatic decline of demand. Right now its costing them 200 million dollars a day. They already cut their weapons budget so what do you think is next? Saudi's have way more money (and credit), lower costs and less people to feed. American fracking is much easier to turn off and it will turn off but that's 1 to 1.5 million bbls a day at most of excess (the rest are sunk costs). Plus Trump will buy our excess and shove it in our strategic oil reserve and we won't be exporting oil to a drastically shrunk market. Global demand has plummeted by 8 to 10 million bbls a day.

Russia and OPEC have to dramatically reduce production, not INCREASE it. If not we will see oil at 20 and Putin can watch the equivalent of $2 billion a week go out the door, and that money isn't coming back. Its already a crisis there and he can't afford this (and knows it). This is a big problem which needs more than propaganda to fix. A new pipeline to China isn't going to fix it this time...

Old 03-17-2020, 06:47 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Map of the spread of coronavirus in Russia and in the world.

https://yandex.ru/web-maps/covid19?l...7.597784&z=2.4

Quote:

It seems that we live in some different realities. We have started to introduce precautionary quarantines in our country and in neighboring regions . Schools and universities are switching to distance learning. From each iron around the clock broadcast about the coronavirus and its dangers. Additional infectious diseases departments have been set up in hospitals. Who is silent about what, tell me?

Last edited by Zimogor; 03-17-2020 at 07:07 PM..

Old 03-17-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:

Yesterday?

What are you talking about - they were discussing CV in the news for a month at least - Wuhan, evacuation, border with China. Way before it hit Europe or the US.

If YOU were not paying attention, then it's on you, not "THEM."

Old 03-17-2020, 07:27 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
For example:

One of the "opposition" channels RBK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO8dlhC6IQM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe