Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 09:54 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I do not believe in UFO . Balls of fire in the sky could be traces of jet from a R-7 rockets.

For example:

http://s56.radikal.ru/i152/0905/0e/ceb0ab9ad173.jpg

I didn't believe in it for long-long time as well, dismissing it like some kind of hoax, so I don't blame you.

( I think that in Russia that's how it's perceived for the most part. That's why the fact that someone like Lev Ivanov ( the investigator) identified the culprit as UFO back in the 50ies (!) is simply mind-boggling. ( At that he was not talking about "aliens" or what not, but just "Unidentified flying object."

I think I changed my mind after reading about the "Rendelsham forest incident" where the military base staff was involved, and "Dyatlov's pass" finally convinced me, just for the sheer number of people involved. Two search teams, the numerous witnesses, the parents, the funerals where a lot of locals took place, and what they said about the deceased.
I mean it's much easier to dismiss the witnessing of couple of people, but it's not that easy when it's already a big crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 10:03 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,921,829 times
Does anyone have any news on the supposed protests in support of Furgal/Khabarovsk in St. Petersburg and Moscow? I haven't seen any official news sites report on this and it's hard to tell the actual scale of these protests?

[Mod cut: foreign language]

Last edited by elnina; 07-16-2020 at 10:24 AM..

Old 07-15-2020, 10:43 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
First thing that comes to my mind is what a miserable place to live when its like that in summer!

Old 07-16-2020, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Does anyone have any news on the supposed protests in support of Furgal/Khabarovsk in St. Petersburg and Moscow? I haven't seen any official news sites report on this and it's hard to tell the actual scale of these protests?

Grega...
As far as I understand, there were planned actions in Moscow and St. Petersburg against the latest amendments to Constitution.
And since they coincided with the protests in Khabarovsk, people participating in these actions, ( anti-Putin's crowd,) expressed their solidarity with Khabarovsk as well.

But people who usually participate in such protests in Moscow and St. Pet, are mostly right-wing ( so not popular,) and they are usually tied either to Navalny or whoever else suspected in ties to the US. ( With other words, not a big crowd - may be few hundreds? )
While in Khabarovsk it's a truly popular and spontaneous people's uprising.

But they were grateful for what little support they received from St. Pet and Moscow ( judging by the comments on Youtube.)

Last edited by erasure; 07-16-2020 at 12:58 AM..

Old 07-16-2020, 10:19 AM

61,659 posts, read 87,041,175 times
I want to remind everyone that posting articles or videos in foreign languages is against the forum ToS.
This is English language forum ONLY.
Thank you!

Old 07-16-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I want to remind everyone that posting articles or videos in foreign languages is against the forum ToS.
Thank you!

Elnina.. but if it's translated/explained as much as possible?

Is it yes or still no?

(Not to argue - I have no idea, are there any exceptions/rules on that, because sometimes those youtube videos serve as the referrals to the source of information. )

Old 07-16-2020, 10:36 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Thank you!
Most of us here have some knowledge of Russian and we know how to use translators. I can understand a lot so long as they're not speaking too fast. Erasure puts a lot of effort into informing us what is going on. The content posted in Russian are vital to the subjects being discussed. I know you have a job to do but I strongly suggest that an exception be made in this this and the Ukraine thread.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:38 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Nordstream 2 Update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5dbBC4KAns&t=856s

Old 07-16-2020, 10:47 AM

61,659 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Most of us here have some knowledge of Russian and we know how to use translators. I can understand a lot so long as they're not speaking too fast. Erasure puts a lot of effort into informing us what is going on. The content posted in Russian are vital to the subjects being discussed. I know you have a job to do but I strongly suggest that an exception be made in this this and the Ukraine thread.

I understand Russian too, but those are City-Data rules. If you want talk Russian with selected few, then you will need to find a Russian Forum.
(However, I am going to ask Senior Mods again, for a confirmation - which will be posted here).

Old 07-16-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I understand Russian too, but those are City-Data rules. If you want talk Russian with selected few, then you will need to find a Russian Forum.
(However, I am going to ask Senior Mods again, for a confirmation - which will be posted here).

Please do, thanks))

( Because sometimes we REALLY need those videos to comment on. Provided they have explanations/overviews in English accompanying them for anyone to keep track of whats' going on - that's understood.)
Otherwise we might start missing a lot on info, because often in that part of the world it comes through Youtube, and not official news channels.
It's important to keep in mind, so thanks again in advance Elnina.
( Like for example - I wouldn't have a clue that the protesters in Moscow and St. Pet were supporting the protests in Khabarovsk if not for a video posted by Grega.
There was NOTHING on it on official Russian sites.

Heck, even the protests in Khabarovsk were nowhere on official Russian news or sites for quite some time - just the arrest of governor in Moscow, that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe