Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2020, 01:03 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,851,777 times

Advertisements

Well you certainly will have fewer choices to post Russian propaganda in English. There is always Sputnik, RT, etc.

Here is an English version of grega's video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f17m7pU_qHs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 01:11 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Well you certainly will have fewer choices to post Russian propaganda in English. There is always Sputnik, RT, etc.

Here is an English version of grega's video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f17m7pU_qHs

We are trying to avoid both Russian and Western propaganda here, going to alternative sources of information.
Hence - the selection of videos.

So thanks DKM, but you are not helping.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:25 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I understand Russian too, but those are City-Data rules. If you want talk Russian with selected few, then you will need to find a Russian Forum.
(However, I am going to ask Senior Mods again, for a confirmation - which will be posted here).

Please post exactly where it says English only can be used in a topic on about foreign country?

Old 07-16-2020, 07:33 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Please post exactly where it says English only can be used in a topic on about foreign country?
https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-16-2020, 07:37 PM
DKM

Speaking of Russian propaganda, it appears the Russian government is pushing the idea that they created and successfully tested the world's first coronavirus vaccine. This 2 months after also claiming to have found the world's first treatment. You may not have heard this living in the west, but they really did claim this today. Most of their propaganda is aimed internally, as in Soviet Times. This really isn't surprising to me at all, and they will claim Russophobia when we point out that nobody in the developed world believes them anymore.

I was wondering how they were going to deal with appearing inferior to the USA and UK inventing the vaccine and now I see this is their way of dealing with it. I can predict the future story: It was offered to Ukraine but Ukraine's government denied it to their people...Well anyways, congrats on saving the world again Putin!

Old 07-16-2020, 08:32 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Speaking of Russian propaganda, it appears the Russian government is pushing the idea that they created and successfully tested the world's first coronavirus vaccine. This 2 months after also claiming to have found the world's first treatment. You may not have heard this living in the west, but they really did claim this today. Most of their propaganda is aimed internally, as in Soviet Times. This really isn't surprising to me at all, and they will claim Russophobia when we point out that nobody in the developed world believes them anymore.

I was wondering how they were going to deal with appearing inferior to the USA and UK inventing the vaccine and now I see this is their way of dealing with it. I can predict the future story: It was offered to Ukraine but Ukraine's government denied it to their people...Well anyways, congrats on saving the world again Putin!
They did. I saw that a week ago but forgot about it. Volunteers are testing it now, probably the second group.

And it was in Russian media. No western publication would dare say something like that.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:41 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,432 times
Quote:

If Russia video has English subtitles, is that "English" enough?

Old 07-17-2020, 12:45 AM

61,646 posts, read 87,001,838 times
OK, guys - got a reply from the higher-ups:

" I think the language rule applies to posts on the forum. The sources cited may be in foreign language, there is no way we could police all sources."

So, videos and links to articles written in foreign languages are OK. Just don't type any posts in other languages.

Old 07-17-2020, 12:58 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:

You must make a difficult decision. Russians are lying about the vaccine or stole it from you.

https://i.ibb.co/nsDHNdC/photo-2020-07-17-09-56-27.jpg

Old 07-17-2020, 01:00 AM

61,646 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
They did. I saw that a week ago but forgot about it. Volunteers are testing it now, probably the second group.

And it was in Russian media. No western publication would dare say something like that.

Yes. I read about it too.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapo.../#69b447b17153
Actually, why would anyone think that only US/UK or EU is capable to develop vaccine??
Russian scientists aren't dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe