Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2020, 10:02 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
In Soviet Russia, government resigns from president!
Russians tend to gravitate towards strongmen type leaders. That's how it's largely been throughout their history.
Popular ones include Ivan The Terrible, Stalin, Khrushchev and Putin.
Less popular ones include Nicholas II, Gorbachev, Yeltsin and Medvedev

It's worth noting that these tend to change over the years depending on who is running the country and what type of propaganda is being fed to the masses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 10:05 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Armata T14, delayed yet again! The first batch were supposed to be in use by the army by now. Actually, back when putin was convincing Russians they had a first rate army he promised 2,300 delivered by now. At least nobody holds them accountable over there...
A major weapons project delayed? Well color me surprised!

Has a major weapons project ever been on time in any country?

Old 01-16-2020, 12:08 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Armata T14, delayed yet again! The first batch were supposed to be in use by the army by now. Actually, back when putin was convincing Russians they had a first rate army he promised 2,300 delivered by now. At least nobody holds them accountable over there...
A first rate army is not primarily a number of tanks. This is an army with which no one will fight under any circumstances. No one will fight with the US. No one will fight with the China. And no one will fight with the Russia. This is a first rate army. And this is to a large extent the merit of Putin.
A specific weapon is always a delay, costs and a mess. I think that it is in any big country.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:22 AM

https://i.ibb.co/N9dDq2W/photo-2020-01-16-10-05-34.jpg

Yeltsin: I'm tired, I'm leaving.
Putin: I'm tired, you are leaving.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:13 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, experts, why do Sanders, Trump and Clinton want to run for election again? Where are the youth?

Old 01-17-2020, 12:29 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, experts, why do Sanders, Trump and Clinton want to run for election again? Where are the youth?

Clinton is running?
That's news for me.

The "youth" is out there too..
Some new Dem candidates, starting with Pete Buttigieg.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:57 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Clinton is running?
That's news for me.

There are currently three people running under the age of 50.
Pete Buttigieg: 37 years old (openly gay and a corporate sell out)
Tulsi Gabbard: 38 years old (veteran running on ending America’s endless wars)
Andrew Yang: 44 years old (entrepreneur running on universal basic income)

That being said the one that is most popular with the youth by far is Bernie Sanders (78 years old) who is running on universal healthcare and education, and the most trusted because he has been saying the same exact thing for the past 40 years, whereas the others have flipped flopped between parties for example Elizabeth Warren used to be Republican back in 1996, or ideas, for instance Joe Biden voted for the Iraq war, but now openly says it was a mistake, compared to Bernie who was one of the few who voted no from the beginning.

Old 01-17-2020, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Clinton is running?
That's news for me.
Ok, cross out, thanks.

Quote:
"If elected, he would be the youngest and the first openly gay American president."
I worry about his testosterone level.

Russian propaganda helpfully provided me a skirmish video of Sanders and Warren, where Warren accuses Sanders of calling her a liar on national television. She is very worried about this, maybe she is emotionally unstable.

It seems that the best candidate is Sanders?

Old 01-17-2020, 10:13 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
We all know who Russia doesn't want to win.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:00 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
There are currently three people running under the age of 50.
Pete Buttigieg: 37 years old (openly gay and a corporate sell out)
Tulsi Gabbard: 38 years old (veteran running on ending America’s endless wars)
Andrew Yang: 44 years old (entrepreneur running on universal basic income)

That being said the one that is most popular with the youth by far is Bernie Sanders (78 years old) who is running on universal healthcare and education, and the most trusted because he has been saying the same exact thing for the past 40 years, whereas the others have flipped flopped between parties for example Elizabeth Warren used to be Republican back in 1996, or ideas, for instance Joe Biden voted for the Iraq war, but now openly says it was a mistake, compared to Bernie who was one of the few who voted no from the beginning.

Thanks for the scoop-up Grega, I was too lazy to search for details, since I don't take anyone seriously enough except for Sanders ( for the reasons you've mentioned here) and probably Biden.

Probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe