Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2020, 12:35 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
After learning that LDPR controls the regional parliament of Khabarovsk Krai, it got me thinking if there are any other areas that United Russia party is loosing control.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Region...more%20rows%20

Here are the federal subjects that United Russia has the least amount of control

1. Khabarovsk Krai: 5.56%
2. Irkutsk Oblast: 37.78%
3. Republic of Khakassia: 40%
4. Zabaykalsky Krai: 42%
5. Moscow: 42.22%
6. Ulyanovsk Oblast: 47.22%
7. Arkhangesk Oblast: 53.19%
8. Smolensk Oblast: 54.17%
9. Ivanovo Oblast: 57.69%
10. Nenets Autonomous Okrug: 57.89%

Here are the best performing areas for the communist party

1. Irkutsk Oblast: 42.22%
2. Ulyanovsk Oblast: 38.89%
3. Moscow: 28.89%
4. Republic of Khakassia: 28%
5. Zabaykalsky Krai: 28%
6. Ivanovo Oblast: 26.92%
7. Smolensk Oblast: 25%
8. Novosibirsk Oblast: 22.37%
9. Yaroslavl Oblast: 22%
10. Primorsky Krai: 20%

Here are the best preforming regions for LDPR

1. Khabarovsk Krai: 83.33%
2. Zabaykalsky Krai: 20%
3. Amur Oblast: 19.44%
4. Arkhangelsk Oblast: 19.15%
5. Republic of Khakassia: 16%
6. Jewish Autonomous Oblast: 15.79%
7. Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug: 15.79%
8. Krasnoyarsk Krai: 15.38%
9. Kirov Oblast: 14.81%
10. Chukotka Autonomous Okrug: 13.33%

Best performing regions for a Just Russia party.

1. Novgorod Oblast: 15.63%
2. Astrakhan Oblast: 15.52%
3. Sakha Republic: 12.86%
4. Republic of Dagestan: 11.11%
5. Arkhangelsk Oblast: 10.64%
6. Sverdlovsk Oblast: 10%
7. Republic of Kabardino-Balkaria: 10%
8. Republic of North Ossetia-Alania: 10%
9. Magadan Oblast: 9.52%
10. Republic of Ingushetia: 9.38%

And here are the best performing regions for United Russia

1. Republic of Mordovia: 93.75%
2. Republic of Tuva: 93.75%
3. Voronezh Oblast: 91.07%
4. Republic of Chechnya: 90.24%
5. Krasnodar Krai: 90%
6. Penza Oblast: 88.89%
7. Ryazan Oblast: 88.89%
8. Tambov Oblast: 88%
9. Komi Republic: 86.67%
10. Belgorod Oblast: 86%

It will be interesting how this Furgal case will impact local elections and if LDPR will be viewed more as a legitimate oppositionary party? Seems like they are already fairly popular in other far eastern regions. But also watching some local sources it seems like LDPR isn't doing anything serious to fight back, I'm also surprised that these protests haven't spread to other regions (unless they have?)

Grega... they are really NOT the "opposition" parties, since they are all sitting side by side with the "United Russia" in the parliament.
As Yavlinsky has once said, "You really are ONE party, you vote as one block, and there is no sense to call yourself "opposition."
Needless to say HIS "Yabloko" party was not allowed to be in the parliament.

Well.. Communists are throwing the hissy fits in the parliament from time to time, it needs to be noted - particularly when they dared to nominate Grudinin for presidential elections, and he threatened Putin's popularity somewhat.

But this has been "taken care of" pretty fast.

His kolkhoz has been destroyed, and so was his business ( just to show him his place and to teach him a lesson.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 12:52 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Well their attitude to Reggie's race, gay people, male female relationships reminded me of his people here thought in the 1950's, so? Why do you have a problem with this? Do you disagree?

What I remembered in a couple of minutes:

Nabiullina, Tatar (Asian), head of the Central Bank of Russia (an analogue of the FRS), she is one of the most influential women in the world according to Forbes;
Matvienko, Russian, governor of St. Petersburg (Russia's second largest and most influential city);
Simonyan, Armenian (Caucasian), head of RT (I hope do you heard about RT?);
Kandelaki, Georgian (Caucasian), head of the state sports channel Match TV.
Quite a few women in government (education, medicine).

Pillars of the Russian state at the moment: Lavrov (Foreign Minister), Armenian roots (Caucasian).
Shoigu (Minister of Defense), Tuvinian (Asian).
Sobyanin, Governor of Moscow, Mansi (Asian).

I'm afraid your look at Russians from your 50s (not Russian 50s) .

In Russian mass culture, I also don’t see any kind of negative attitude towards Blacks. Quite the opposite.

[Mod cut: foreign language]

Last edited by elnina; 07-16-2020 at 10:27 AM..

Old 07-14-2020, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Mhm, *avalanche.*
(And "American intelligence"? This is even more fascinating, as far as made-up theories go.)))

Maxim, I saw the files ( full version,) before they were removed from the internet.
I've read the letter of the investigator back in the 90ies to the newspaper ( the second one, who made most of the job and received the command from Moscow to CLOSE AND SEAL OFF THE CASE in the middle of his investigation.)
I went through the witnesses testimonies, one after another.
( In fact, I translated a lot of it in the "Paranormal section" of this forum.)
With other words, I looked into it long-long time ago, when someone alerted me to that story, but it was not a mainstream fad yet, with twisted facts and all kind of hear-say nonsense.
AND ( as I've said,) when the ORIGINAL FILES were still available.

It was not "avalanche" Maxim - I can tell you that much.
And it was not "American intelligence."
That's why that "Dyatlov Pass" story is where it is - in "Paranormal" section.
And it's pretty chilling sh*t as far as I am concerned ( from everything I saw in the files.)

P.S. Another bad feeling I have, is that we'll be forced to revisit that story, but by then we'll have more clues.
Because if it is what I think it is, it was not the end of it, but rather the beginning.
No, no, no, if we don’t believe the official version, I’m ready to believe only that:

https://libking.ru/books/nonf-/nonfi...kom-urale.html

A short idea: students went on a campaign not alone, but with 2 employees of a secret Urals enrichment plant. One of them was a spy and was supposed to transfer samples of radioactive material to American intelligence during the campaign. But the situation got out of control and secret service agents were forced to eliminate the witnesses (the students and employees).

Old 07-14-2020, 01:09 AM

Quote:
( Maxim, hello there)) )

Old 07-14-2020, 01:26 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,922,938 times
Quote:
Grega... they are really NOT the "opposition" parties, since they are all sitting side by side with the "United Russia" in the parliament.
As Yavlinsky has once said, "You really are ONE party, you vote as one block, and there is no sense to call yourself "opposition."
Needless to say HIS "Yabloko" party was not allowed to be in the parliament.

Well.. Communists are throwing the hissy fits in the parliament from time to time, it needs to be noted - particularly when they dared to nominate Grudinin for presidential elections, and he threatened Putin's popularity somewhat.

But this has been "taken care of" pretty fast.

His kolkhoz has been destroyed, and so was his business ( just to show him his place and to teach him a lesson.)
yes but couldn't one assume that they are not "real" opposition parties because they are trying to survive so they don't make too many waves and only push on minor things that the UR party doesn't care about. But if any of these parties get a huge wave of support something to the extant that the communists experienced back in the late 90s/early 2000s that they would feel emboldened to push harder? Also would you say the communists were a real opposition force back then?

Also I haven't heard anything about Grudinin since the election, sad news. I heard some people were saying that he was "playing" a spoiler candidate, but if that is the case wouldn't the UR reward him for playing the part?

Well in any case I hope Khabarovsk gives Moscow hell and show the rest of Russia how to build a responsible government.

Old 07-14-2020, 04:19 AM

Is it true?

Quote:
In the US are so many scholarships of various levels (up to 100% of the cost), various grants and internal subsidies that pay for tuition. Self pay tuition mainly who are not burdensome, or foreign students, such as thousands of Chinese who are sent overseas to study at Harvard.
Minorities have the most privileges. A black orphan boy from some Detroit or Baltimore has a much greater chance of being accepted to the ivy league university than a white son from a middle-class family, if both have equally good grades, participate in different school activities, transfer old women across the road and etc.

Education at universities is not a big problem for everyone in the USA?

Old 07-14-2020, 04:58 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Is it true?

Education at universities is not a big problem for everyone in the USA?
I don't think it's true.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:41 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I don't think it's true.
Acquiring an education at a university is not a huge problem if you have the ability. Paying for it is an entirely different matter.

When my daughters were finished and had their degrees in their hands they owed around $7000 combined. They were lucky. Me and their mom both poured everything we had into their educations, they worked also.

There are other millenials out there who were saddled with crippling debt and are to this day. The higher education system here is corrupt, mismanaged and often what you pay to learn is of little use in the real world. The system is about profit, not education

Old 07-14-2020, 01:43 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,922,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Acquiring an education at a university is not a huge problem if you have the ability. Paying for it is an entirely different matter.

When my daughters were finished and had their degrees in their hands they owed around $7000 combined. They were lucky. Me and their mom both poured everything we had into their educations, they worked also.

There are other millenials out there who were saddled with crippling debt and are to this day. The higher education system here is corrupt, mismanaged and often what you pay to learn is of little use in the real world. The system is about profit, not education
$7,000 of combined debt is pennies compared to what it’s like for most students these days, the average debt owned in 2020 is $35,397 with a combined student debt of $1.64 trillion. I took some courses in a cheep community college, paid out of pocket (wasn’t eligible for financial aide) and then I realized it wasn’t worth it so dropped out and went to a programming bootcamp and now work as a LiveSite engineer and make more money than many of my cousins who went to university. The US education system is a complete scam and can’t wait till the student loan bubble pops because it’s not sustainable. And then in the midst of this pandemic where universities are switching to online are still demanding the same tuition lol.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:10 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
No, no, no, if we don’t believe the official version, I’m ready to believe only that:

https://libking.ru/books/nonf-/nonfi...kom-urale.html

A short idea: students went on a campaign not alone, but with 2 employees of a secret Urals enrichment plant. One of them was a spy and was supposed to transfer samples of radioactive material to American intelligence during the campaign. But the situation got out of control and secret service agents were forced to eliminate the witnesses (the students and employees).

Maxim, I've heard about Rakitin's book. ( People that still discuss this case are referring to it - I saw some excerpts from it, which actually correspond to what I saw in original files.)
But of course (on the basis of everything else that I saw in those files) I can't take his theory ( the one you summed up here) seriously.
With that being said, I do believe that Zolotarev ( his presence in the group) leaves a lot of questions, and most likely, he was in fact someone from one of the local "security organizations."

And the reason he was sent with this expedition was precisely that - there were some suspicious reports coming from this area earlier most likely, and he had to discreetly check on the reports.

That's why he was *incorporated* into the group, where no one really had ties to him ( even for the age difference,) no one really knew him, and the last but not least - he was not even qualified for the rout of this difficulty level.
As the witnesses were telling, ( who knew the participants personally) - Igor Dyatlov was usually VERY PICKY about whom he was taking on his team.

But keeping in mind the time frame when the whole incident took place, ( back in the 50ies, barely out of Stalin's times,) when/if someone would call him in some office and said "meet your new teammate who will join you on your upcoming trip") Dyatlov wouldn't ask too many questions, obviously so.

Zolotarev was the only other person who had the camera on him from what I remember, but he had it on him at all times, and the film was destroyed unfortunately by water, when they found it along with his dead body.
But anyways, let me sum it up briefly, what I saw in the files based on all witnessing, autopsies, and chief investigator's feedback.

So the students went on this planned trip ( all were qualified for this level of difficulty of the chosen rout, except for Zolotarev as I've already mentioned.)

They didn't come back to scheduled location on time to report the accomplished expedition, so the the authorities were alerted, and had to send the search team ( obviously, because the parents of these students were sounding the alarm, plus the whole town already knew about their disappearance.

The first search team found the abandoned tent, that was cut from the inside, when apparently the students were leaving it in a hurry.

They found the flashlight on top of the tent, which indicated that two of them were apparently outside, and alerted the rest about the nearing danger.

Once out of the tent, ( some of them didn't even have the shoes on - that's what the tracks indicated,) they, however, left as one organized group, going step in step, precisely as they were trained (that's what the experienced hikers noted.)

Then their tracks were lost going down the valley, and then they found dead students at a certain distance ( well part of them.)
The first reaction of the search team was "whatever happened here, was the result of poor training, hypothermia, la-la," - at least that's the way the FIRST investigator wanted to report it, but already then it was clear that something very odd took place there.

The odd clothing swaps, their unexplained actions when they were trying to start the fire (there were plenty of dry shrubs around, but they were trying to cut the young fir trees instead,) the way they were climbing on the tall cedar, using it as a cover, when they were observing what was going on near their tent, their reluctance to proceed to the storage ( лабаз) where they could find food and other provision left earlier, and so on.

And the last but not least - the slightly burned branches of the near-by trees and elevated radiation level - the common features spotted during the Rendlesham forest incident.

( I Mean I could figure that much out, since I saw the detailed description of that incident as well.)

Then of course the positions they found students in, the fact that they were trying to crawl back to their tent - there were already plenty of questionable things ( they would become even more questionable during the autopsies - like the knuckles of Dyatlov had the kind of injuries, consistent with that he was pounding something with his fist - so the investigation was even trying to come up with a theory that student got drunk and got into a fistfight, but this, of course, was soon declined as unrealistic.)

But anyways, the initial findings were not qualified as anything "criminal," yet they couldn't close the case, because the rest of the team was not yet found.

Few months later, when they sent the second search team and found the rest in a totally different location ( that part of the group that got separated ( I assumed they got separated while running away from something - just my guess,) well- that part of the group apparently survived much longer, on the bottom of the ravine, ( овраг). They've even built some kind of platform from trees, but what happened to them next, was probably the most horrifying page of the whole ordeal.

The eyes and tongue of one of the students were removed ( the tongue for sure when she was still alive - that's according to autopsy,) the ribs of some of them were crashed with no external injuries whatsoever ( a big puzzle to the pathologist,) so at this point of course the investigators HAD to open the criminal case. They started with the local Mansi people, questioning whether THEY could kill the students, on a basis of local beliefs that students violated some "sacred places," but Mansi said that no, they had good relations with Russians in the area, BUT they drew the picture of some spaceship that they spotted about time the students died, flying in the direction of the mountain, where the whole ordeal took place. This particular drawing has been removed from files and sent directly to Moscow, where one of the top Soviet gov. officials ( don't remember the name now,) was personally overseeing the case.

Among other details, I should mention all the reports of the UFO activities in the area ( made by numerous witnesses and the local newspaper ( yep, I saw the copy of original article - the chief editor was rebuked and later dismissed from his job) and on and on.
And I won't even mention the Ivanov's statements ( the second investigator that took over the case,) and what the parents and other participating in funerals described when they saw the deceased.

So nope, DEFINITELY not the "avalanche."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe